Gasol

Bench:
    Crawford
    Hansbrough
    Hibbert
    Foster
    Dahntay
    Price

That's not considering a draft pick, or the likelihood of trading Hibbert if we do upgrade at center.

Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

Every player on the roster to spend hours in the gym every day and each of them coming back better and wanting more than 5 playoff games next year. Seems simple enough.

Oh, and Lance not getting in trouble.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 04-27-2011 at 01:45 PM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, 2 starters and the sixth man in a single trade? Talk about blowing it up...
    Calling Rush our sixth man is extremely misleading, even if it can technically be considered accurate.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I guess you could call this my "I'm interested and I'm not 100% it couldn't happen" list:

Possible starters:

Nene
    Emeka Okafor
    Anderson Varajao
    Luis Scola
    Chris Kaman
    Marc Gasol
    Kevin Love
    Paul Milsap
    Tyson Chandler

Possible backups:

Jamal Crawford
    Jason Richardson IF there's no baggage / cancer threat
    Jason Terry
    Raymond Felton
    Jarrett Jack
    Aaron Gray
    Shane Battier
    Chuck Hayes

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

1. A full 2011-12 season.

2. Eric Gordon, James Jones, Josh Smith and/or Greg Oden.

3. Josh McRoberts back.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    3. Josh McRoberts back.
    Amen.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Calling Rush our sixth man is extremely misleading, even if it can technically be considered accurate.
    Yeah, I almost went back and changed it to "first wing off the bench", but it wasn't worth it. Essentially, I think trading BOTH Granger and Hibbert would be a mistake. Rush, not so much...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    2. OJ Mayo- say what you want, but OJ is a heck of a talent, and the price we could have gotten him for was a steal.
    Don't think the McBob + 1st will get that done now. Don't know how much more it will cost, but I think the price will be higher than that.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I've mentioned it a few times, but I'd really like us to steal away Rodney Stuckey. I think he could be that shot-creating SG, plus he could also play as a big PG as a change of pace from Collison. We could either go big (Stuckey-George-Granger-PF-C), or go small (Collison-Stuckey-George-Granger-C) as the situation demands.

Only problem is that he's a restricted free agent. Hopefully Detroit will dissuaded by the big contracts for Hamilton and Gordon that they already have on their books.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Yeah, I almost went back and changed it to "first wing off the bench", but it wasn't worth it. Essentially, I think trading BOTH Granger and Hibbert would be a mistake. Rush, not so much...
    As always, it depends on what you're getting back.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    A guy that can go get his own shot. He's better than Paul George is right now, and Would be our second best player if we got him. He can play point guard if need be, but I really think he'd be an awesome sixth man.
    Not trying to be a jerk or anything...but if LouWill is our 2nd best Player...then our Team sucks real bad.

Since we have the resources and assets to get one, I'd aim higher then LouWill.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I just hope we don't blow our cap space.

I really hope we save up for 2012 when we'll have more options to get a guy like Eric Gordon.

I'm hoping for a solid starting PF too.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Team Needs:
    Starting PF
    Backup SG that can score
    Backup PG
    Backup SF

Things I'd like to see happen:
    1st round pick options
    1. Trade up to get Biyombo. With it being a weak draft, it might not take much to move some spots ahead. If he's going top 5, then that might be out of the questions, but I feel he'll start to lose steam here shortly. He's hot now, but that doesn't mean he'll stay that way. Sure he's a project but this team should be built around defense.
    2. Other possibles are Terrance Jones, Jordan Williams (Maryland), Faried
    3. Trade pick for starting PF

2nd Round
    Trade up and get Darius Morris (if he comes out) - My #1 choice for a back up PG. Hell we have enough money we could buy another pick if needed (in case he goes late 1st round)
    Other possibles are McCamey or Benson

Entertain offers for Granger. I don't care if Granger stays or is traded, but if there is a good deal on the table that benefits us and costs Granger to do it, then I'd be all for it.

Bring Foster back. If Foster retires, I'd like Chandler. Have Chandler start and Hibbert come off the bench. Chandler can even play some PF if we decide to go really big. Nice!

bye bye to Solo, Ford and Dunleavy (sure I'm forgetting someone). Please let AJ go.

I like Mcobert's, but don't feel he is what we need. We need a starting PF so Hans can come off the bench. That won't leave much playing time for McBob (who doesn't offer much defensively)

Trade Rush

Have Larry spend time with Lance. Or have Lance hang with Granger all offseason, training and working on how to behave. I really want this kid to succeed.

No to Josh Smith. I used to be for bringing this guy in, but I've seen him play (I live in Atlanta), and this guy is just not a winner.

Oden, nice dream, but any reasonable offer and the Blazers will match. They won't let their #1 pick walk away without getting anything in return. Someone will over pay and regret it.

That's all I can think of right now.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 04-27-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    Josh Smith.

I think our number one issue is rebounding right now. Smith is exactly the sort of Athletic defensive big who would take a lot of pressure off of Hibbert, Offensively and defensively.
    I'd love Josh Smith too but the Pacers were 5th in the league in rebounding during the regular season. He would help out defensively though.

He's a pouter when things don't go his way. That's the only thing that worries me.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I'd love Josh Smith too but the Pacers were 5th in the league in rebounding during the regular season. He would help out defensively though.

He's a pouter when things don't go his way. That's the only thing that worries me.
    I think you'd need to look at more advanced stats, but I'm blanking on what you'd want to look at. I believe the Pacers were a poor shooting team so you're bound to have more rebounds. I don't think the Pacers were a good rebounding team, probably more average. However, I do think they gave up a ton of offensive rebounds.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I don't think the Pacers were a good rebounding team, probably more average. However, I do think they gave up a ton of offensive rebounds.
    #1 on my wish list. OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING/BOXING OUT.
    My INDIANA Pacers dream team
    Coaching Staff: Larry Bird (HC), Mike Woodson and Steve Alford (AC's)
    Starting 5: Mike Conley, Eric Gordon, Gordon Hayward, Zach Randolph, and Greg Oden
    Bench: George Hill, Josh McRoberts, Courtney Lee, Luke Harangody, Jeff Teague, Jared Jefferies, Rodney Carney, Matt Howard, and the Zeller brothers.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thoreau87 For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

1. Re-sign Frank Vogel to a three year contract.
    2. Bring back the Goon Squad. Go get a starting 2 and a starting four that can rebound so that George and Hansbrough can play off the bench. Get a backup point guard that distributes the ball and plays defense. The opposite of AJ.
    3. Try to replace the backup point guard and backup small forward spots.

Some of this is a very small chance of happening, some of it not.

Bigs to start for us/a gamble:
    Dwight Howard
    Josh Smith
    Nene
    Kenyon Martin (A two year contract)
    Greg Oden (Three year contract w/ a team option on the third)

Wings to start for us:
    Eric Gordon
    Andre Igoudala (Why do I even consider him an option anymore?)
    Jamal Crawford
    OJ Mayo

Others:
    Raymond Felton
    Shane Battier
    Earl Watson
    Jarrett Jack

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Not trying to be a jerk or anything...but if LouWill is our 2nd best Player...then our Team sucks real bad.

Since we have the resources and assets to get one, I'd aim higher then LouWill.
    Not saying to stop going after players if we were to acquire him, but right now he would be better than anyone except granger. I think you are highly underrating him

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not a wishlist but a thankyou list....

I am thankful that we didn't trade for Tony Parker, although his regular season numbers weren't bad.

But his play in the Playoffs has been disappointing and what I believe is a sign of his future in the league.

Wish we would have tried to get George Hill instead though, Collison didn't do too bad but like I said then I like George better... would have gave us more flexibility playing him at the 2 sometimes and letting another pg run the point(even though back then didn't really have high praise for AJ either, but he surprised me in the playoffs).

Mood

Main thing I want is for our young guys to continue improving. A lot of PD wants to see a starting PF brought in, but I think Tyler can be it. This was essentially his rookie season, and I think he showed that he has some promise as a good player in this league. He has things to work on, but I think he has work ethic to get better every year.

A lot of PD is a little down on Hibbert too, but I'd like to stick with him. I think this season, and specifically the time under Vogel has shown Big Roy that he can consistently be a good player, but he still needs to work on things. And we know he has the work ethic as well.

Paul George and Darren Collison are the back court of the future for me. George's defensive effort in the playoffs was enough to prove he belongs, and when his offense finds its feet, look out. I know a lot of PD would like someone better than DC, but I thought he played very well in the post-season, and I think he has all-star potential as a point guard.

The expendables on the current roster are: Rush, Price, Lance, Solo, Dun, and Josh. I'd be ok with most of them coming back, I'd be ok with none of them coming back. I like Dun probably more than a lot of PD, but I know he is not irreplaceable or a player who will push us over the top.

Guys I'd like to see end up here: The obvious ones are Dwight and Eric Gordon. I don't think there's an argument to be made against those two. They are supreme talents that change a franchise.

Josh Smith would be welcome. OJ Mayo would be exciting because we're not entirely sure how it would turn out, but he fits right into the young, talented core we're building.

I think the first step is to figure out what Bird is going to do, and whether Coach V will be back. I really hope they both return, because they both understand what Indiana basketball should be about, and they seem to be a perfect match for this franchise moving forward.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My wishlist can't be completed until I know what the new CBA will look like. That will dictate what other teams are forced to do. And players will be available that we didn't expect. I don't think there will be such major changes that teams won't have time to adjust, though. I think the cap space we will have will take on a much different meaning once the CBA is settled. There will be a lot of teams hurting for talent when they get rid of the Mid-Level Exception. The Heat, Knicks, Mavs, Lakers, Magic, and Blazers will probably all be sellers. At least they won't be buyers if the restrictions are tight enough. That is all I am hoping for.

Oh and no lockout would be wonderful.

A new commissioner.

Tyson Chandler and Monta Ellis.

Natalie Portman.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I think you'd need to look at more advanced stats, but I'm blanking on what you'd want to look at. I believe the Pacers were a poor shooting team so you're bound to have more rebounds. I don't think the Pacers were a good rebounding team, probably more average. However, I do think they gave up a ton of offensive rebounds.
    I went ahead and looked it up and the Pacers were 5th in the league in rebounds per game. However, they were only 13th in total offensive rebounds per game and 23 in offensive rebounds allowed per game.

IOW, the Pacers grabbed on average 11.3 offensive rebounds and allowed the other team to grab 11.4. They still had a + 0.2 in rebounds grabbed versus rebounds allowed. They were a much better rebounding team than they were last year even though they gave up too many offensive rebounds.

I guess what I'm really saying is that better rebounding would be great but it's not priority #1.

The Pacers were 22nd in offensive efficiency and 26th in FG%. That is area #1 that needs to be addressed. They can get stops and enough rebounds to win but they have trouble putting the ball in the basket when they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Don't think the McBob + 1st will get that done now. Don't know how much more it will cost, but I think the price will be higher than that.
    Wouldn't be so sure. Grizzlies have given Gay and Randolph huge deals, Conley received a nice raise, and they still want to resign Gasol long-term.

I expect a pick and cap space will get the job done, may not even have to add a player to the mix with the cap space and roster space

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

I would not mind getting Iggy from the 6ers if possible. They were talking about him in the Heat/76ers game and how he needs another scorer with him...well Danny needs help too.

Lot of good names bandied about. Have no idea who is realistically attainable. Varejao, Nene, Stuckey, Felton seem like guys who could immediately help out and might be not be untouchable.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata