Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Offseason Wishlist

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

Default Official Offseason Wishlist

I know we've spent a great deal of our time talking about who we think/hope the Pacers aquire, but thought this is a great time to start since the season is over. From the playoff series, you can see the Pacers are very close from contending for a championship. Steve Kerr said multiple times last night that the Pacers need a "star" next to Danny. In reality, Indy isn't going to get a star in the offseason. Instead, acquire some players with some experience that will contribute greatly to the team. Who do you guys think we are going to go after/should go after via free agency or trade?

My Wishlist:

1. Carl Landry- I know there has been much discussion on him, but I believe he is the best available PF we can bring in. I think Larry was very close to acquiring him at the trade deadline (for Rush) and I think he'll go after him again. He has had only a positive impact on every team he has been on and I think would be our most consistent option as starter. Since he went to Purdue, I think he would welcome coming back Indiana.

2. OJ Mayo- say what you want, but OJ is a heck of a talent, and the price we could get him for is a steal. A new environement should motivate him and he'd fit in well with the youth of our team.

3. Greg Oden- yes Greg has barely played a week in the NBA, but signing him at a decent price is worth the risk because of the potential. He would not only sell tickets but would be a great backup big for years to come (maybe overtaking Hibbert, you never know)
    Murph

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

Default Re: Official Offseason Wishlist

typing fast, spelled offseason wrong, anyone care to help change it?
    Murph

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

No lockout and a season next year.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

I can't argue with any of those, as they all COULD make us a lot better. I'm just not sure they will. Clearly, I would love to see Landry here. Mayo could be good if he is well behaved, and Oden if he somehow stays healthy. However, I doubt Oden stays healthy or comes cheap, nor does it seem Mayo will be a good teammate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pie in the sky?

Eric Gordon and Marc Gasol or Kevin Love.

Realistic?

OJ Mayo + some PF

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

All I wish for is that we don't spend the money just to spend it. This team is probably two years away from being legitimate contenders as it is, so why not let the talent develop and trade for or draft a piece that would help the team. Of the three, I only would want to get Landry if we didn't overpay.

I really want:

1. A season
    2. Singleton
    3. Foster and McRoberts back.

Banned

Landry, Mayo and Oden= same record as this year, aim higher.

I hope we resign Foster cheap and maybe McRoberts to a league minimum otherwise he can walk. He did nothing in the playoffs therefore he can get overpaid elsewhere. I wish Brandon Rush is traded for a 2nd round pick. I hope we draft Tristan Thompson with the 15th pick. I hope we sign Jamal Crawford to be our 6th man but not overpay him. I wish that Vogel is our head coach and I am back in Area55 next season.
    Here we come lottery?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

1. Hire Frank Vogel as Head Coach. I think he's a player's coach and free agents would be interested in playing for him.

2. Sign Leandro Barbosa, Jason Richardson, or Jamal Crawford

3. Sign Stanko Barac to be the backup Center

4. Re-sign Jeff Foster and give him more PF (his true position) minutes

5. Go after James Jones (if he decides to become a free agent) Sasha Vujacic, or Jason Kapono to be our designated 3-point shooter/Kyle Korver off the bench

6. Sign Carl Landry or Chuck Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

"So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

I want Lou Williams

Sports Logo

The Admins should make this the "Official Offseason - What do we do now?" thread and sticky it...cuz this is the first of about a million threads that will be created on this very subject.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    I want Lou Williams
    For what?

He's not the type of Starting Quality SG that I want on the Team. He's a very solid rotational SG....but not a Startinq quality SG. We have a million solid rotational wing Players...but not a Starting quality SG.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

My list:

Any combination and I'll be happy
    Last edited by vnzla81; 04-27-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    trade involving Danny, Roy, & Brandon
    Wow, 2 starters and the sixth man in a single trade? Talk about blowing it up...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    My list:

Any combination and I'll be happy
    For those that don't immediately recognize who all those players are ( cuz it took me awhile to figure out who all those Players were ), vnzla81's wishlist is:

Felton
    Nene ( I don't recognize him without his dreds )
    SideShow Bob
    Kenyon Marton
    JCraw
    Caron Butler
    AlJeff

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Josh Smith.

I think our number one issue is rebounding right now. Smith is exactly the sort of Athletic defensive big who would take a lot of pressure off of Hibbert, Offensively and defensively.

Smith could come in as a legitimate consistent 2nd or 3rd option right off the bat, and I think his presence would facilitate improved play from Roy Hibbert. Couple that with the fact that Atlanta is looking to dump his contract, and we are one of the few teams under the cap who can trade without matching salary. There is no reason not to make this happen.

We would be one of the best shot blocking teams in the league with that front court.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

I thought about Al Jeff, but every team he has been on gets worse from the year before! Who would have though Utah would miss the playoffs and essentially implode the franchise this year.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    Josh Smith.

I think our number one issue is rebounding right now. Smith is exactly the sort of Athletic defensive big who would take a lot of pressure off of Hibbert, Offensively and defensively.

Smith could come in as a legitimate consistent 2nd or 3rd option right off the bat, and I think his presence would facilitate improved play from Roy Hibbert. Couple that with the fact that Atlanta is looking to dump his contract, and we are one of the few teams under the cap who can trade without matching salary. There is no reason not to make this happen.

We would be one of the best shot blocking teams in the league with that front court.
    But you who willing to give up. Smith is not a go to scorer. So I can't see giving Granger up for him.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I thought about Al Jeff, but every team he has been on gets worse from the year before! Who would have though Utah would miss the playoffs and essentially implode the franchise this year.
    Who did they trade away again?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    Josh Smith.

ITs not going to happen but yeah I would do that deal.

For a team that didn't try to dump salary this year why would they do it this off season with us?

IT would take Hibbert to get Josh Smith not Granger too by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    For what?

He's not the type of Starting Quality SG that I want on the Team. He's a very solid rotational SG....but not a Startinq quality SG. We have a million solid rotational wing Players...but not a Starting quality SG.
    A guy that can go get his own shot. He's better than Paul George is right now, and Would be our second best player if we got him. He can play point guard if need be, but I really think he'd be an awesome sixth man.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    ITs not going to happen but yeah I would do that deal.

For a team that didn't try to dump salary this year why would they do it this off season with us?

IT would take Hibbert to get Josh Smith not Granger too by the way.
    I would not give up Granger or Hibbert in the deal. Although I think they would want Hibbert.

I would look at any combination of Collison, Hansbrough, or our pick. Not all three, but any two of those three. They are weak at PG, so they might be interested in Collison. If we did trade Collison I would want to hold on to the pick because I think you might be able to flip it over to Denver for Raymond Felton.

So I would look to trade Collison and Hansbrough for Smith, and trade our First rounder for Raymond Felton, If I were the Pacers this offseason.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Undefeated

I'd love to get Oden in. I don't see how Landry makes the team any better, seems like spending money for a lateral move.

The free agent class is weak, so I guess some trades to help upgrade the roster.
    Danger Zone

IT would take Hibbert. Smith is a very good player and you just don't trade those away because you are a boarder line luxury tax team.

Also Felton is worth more than a 1st round pick in a terrible draft. He will command another decent player IMO.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post: