Thread: Nene

Exclamation Nene

Hey everyone haven't posted in a while because I've been so busy, anybody miss me? Lol Well I'm making this thread to show how nene should be the first priority in the offseason.

Many of you are big fans of hibbert's passing and screening ability but are not to fond of his inefficiency to protect or mix it up in the paint. Well nene would in many ways solve those problems! He would no doubt be able to handle the bigs in the eastern conference since he's been going toe to toe with the west for years now and have been highly successful mostly. He brings big time shot blocking, rebounding, and energy that we need to take this team to the next level. This also helps hibbert to learn how to mix it up in the paint and allows the team not to be fully exploited with Roy on the court. And if I'm correct he has a option on his contract for this year so if it's a player option then I see nene trying to monopolize on the lack of big time bigs in fa. Then this will allow if they don't trade away Josh for the second union to have Tyler and Josh playing side by side, or if we do get mayo which would be great if we snagged both from the west and would almost instantly put us ahead of most of the east, put Tyler in next to foster and u got a very physical set Of bigs to frustrate any team and win us some games. Jus a thought lemme kno what u guys think. I'm also not against Thompson, gasol, and definitely not against j smith. But hey I'll be satisfied with this starting 5

Collision
    Mayo
    Granger
    Nene
    Hibbert and a 2nd unit continuing George foster and hansbrough sounds good to me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Nene

Hold the Mayo.

As much as I don't like Nene's attitude, I'd definitley take him in a heartbeat. "He has a high sky field goal percentage" and definitley would be the inside presence we have lacked for many seasons.

I also believe this thread should probably be in the "Trade Proposal" thread, but I do like this King.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

I don't think of Nene as a big time shot-blocker, but he's big, rugged, and can score the ball. I'd be happy to add him for a decent price. Also interested in Varejao.

Know it's unlikely, but as far as I'm concerned, if we miraculously landed both, I'd be set to part with Hibbert..or at least send him to the second unit. Thompson I'm lukewarm on and Mayo, too.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by King Phoenix View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He brings big time shot blocking, rebounding, and energy that we need to take this team to the next level.
    Are we still talking about Nene here? Big time shot blocking, effort and rebounding?...
    Those are exactly Nene's weaknesses, or at least where his game is rather inconsistent.
    Last edited by ballism; 04-27-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Trade Granger and Josh to Hawks for Josh Smith and Crawford.
    Pick Jordan Hamilton in 2011 NBADRAFT.

PG:COLLISON, AJ
    SG:CRAWFORD, HAMILTON,RUSH
    SF: GEROGE, SIGN T MAC/FREE AGENT
    PF:SMITH, TYLER
    C:HIBBERT, FORSTER

Nene is a true big man who can play the 4 or 5. While he's not a dominate player he is very good at every areas we need help in. Nene is a good interior scorer, defender and rebounder. I think between Hibbert and Nene both starting we would dominate the paint. Do to the skill set he brings and the fact that we might be able to get him without giving up any of our core assets, I'd make Nene my #1 offseason target and would have no problem giving him a contract starting in the 10-11 mil range. I'd hope we wouldn't throw a max deal at him though. Our biggest obstacle would be that Denver can afford to pay him more then we can and we don't offer a lot more attractive team for him to play with then Denver does.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You're all assuming Nene will even be a free agent.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Banned

Nene and Varejao together?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Stanko Barac might be the answer.

I have a feeling I'll be posting this a lot this offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd definitely be interested in Nene, but I wouldn't pay elite money to someone who's a pretty darn good, but not elite player...and that's probably what it would take to get him in a Pacers' uniform.

He's the kind of guy we need, big body, big frame...who can be a physical presence in the paint to pair with the rest of our finesse bigs.
    Last edited by PR07; 04-27-2011 at 03:54 PM.

I wish we could make Nene our PF. If not him, I'd still like Okafor.