Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well at least nobody can blame Kravitz for not trying to spread the word..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Well at least nobody can blame Kravitz for not trying to spread the word..

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough. Assuming it is true, I'm a lot less worried about Stephenson out doing shots till 2 AM than I am Granger. I'll just hope that any regular contributors showed some self-control I suppose. If it's true it is a bit worrisome.

Default Re: Well at least nobody can blame Kravitz for not trying to spread the word..

The fact that D. Jones, Rush, and Price were even out at a club last night AT ALL is a serious red flag to me. Go out drinking after tonight's game, plus it's not like Chicago is that great of a party town.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It never ceases to amaze me how much we can read into 140 character one-liners.

The tweet does NOT say they're boozing it up or getting wild or into fights or "partying" in more illegal ways.

This isn't like they are staying out late and have to be up at 7 am to get to work. Considering their normal workday doesn't end until midnight, you have to remember their times are shifted and this is really no more than a slightly later night for them.

I trust them to be disciplined enough to not have gotten sh*tfaced and play all hungover tonight.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Mood

The fact that D. Jones, Rush, and Price were even out at a club last night AT ALL is a serious red flag to me. Go out drinking after tonight's game, plus it's not like Chicago is that great of a party town.
    Chicago has a great nightlife, particularly when compared to Indianapolis. These are grown men, I trust that they know not to get hungover for todays game. It's not like the team hasn't been busting it's *** off.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post

The tweet does NOT say they're boozing it up or getting wild or into fights or "partying" in more illegal ways.
    I assume TJ is saying this because of the few people tweeting about buying the Pacers shots. Obviously the leap from random tweets to actual proof of consumption is fairly significant.

This isn't like they are staying out late and have to be up at 7 am to get to work. Considering their normal workday doesn't end until midnight, you have to remember their times are shifted and this is really no more than a slightly later night for them.

I trust them to be disciplined enough to not have gotten sh*tfaced and play all hungover tonight.
    Yup.

Also, if you look at Lou Baker's previous tweets, it appears to be a playoff viewing party hosted by Kelvin Hayden. So, even the partying was (albeit loosely) semi-employment related.

http://yfrog.com/h2bygedj Kelvin Hayden's PRIVATE Playoff Viewing Party 2morrow @MEZE! {205 N. Peoria} FREE ENTRY w/RSVP! DM ME 4 GUESTLIST!
    24 Apr

MEET ME @ *MEZE* NOW! SPURS/GRIZZLIES & MAVERICKS/TRAIL BLAZERS on the BIG SCREENS! GREAT FOOD/GOOD MUSIC, BEAUTIFUL PPL! PARTY til 2AM! RT
    12 hours ago

DAHNTAY JONES, DESHAWN STEVENSON, AJ PRICE, BRANDON RUSH & MORE of THE INDIANA PACERS in #MEZE! GET HERE, WE PARTY til 2AM!
    8 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/LOU_BAKER
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 04-26-2011 at 10:07 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

This is all true. Also, I could tweet that Derrick Rose has turned to narcotics to control the pain from his ankle injury (which he likely has). There's a vast difference between taking Vicodin under the team physician's supervision and mainlining heroin.

Well the NFL lockout (that was in effect) has caused writers to find something else to talk about.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Anyone bother to look up the place they were at? It's a Tapas restaurant/lounge that also has a DJ. They were probably just eating.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    I assume TJ is saying this because of the few people tweeting about buying the Pacers shots. Obviously the leap from random tweets to actual proof of consumption is fairly significant.
    Yeah, I have been in a lot of situations where people bought shots for my whole table and I've palmed mine off (I'm a beer drinker, I don't do shots).

Not enough information to reach a conclusion either way, though if we lose tonight I suppose that will be the post hoc ergo propter hoc smoking gun for a lot of people.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Why is this even an issue? The party ended at 2. Pre-game film and shootaround isn't even till 11. These guys all take afternoon naps anyway.

We don't know what time they left, what they drank or how much.

Did we all think they were going to have a team dinner at 6 followed by a reading of poetry by Solomon Jones then a puppet show by Ford & Posey. Everyone would then adjourn to their rooms by 8 p.m. and have an intensive hour of Bible reading before going to sleep?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

17. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Why is this even an issue? The party ended at 2. Pre-game film and shootaround isn't even till 11. These guys all take afternoon naps anyway.

Did we all think they were going to have a team dinner at 6 followed by a reading of poetry by Solomon Jones then a puppet show by Ford & Posey. Everyone would then adjourn to their rooms by 8 p.m. and have an intensive hour of Bible reading before going to sleep?
    POST OF THE MOTHER ****ING YEAR!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wonder how much Dahntay paid the Club Organizer to put "Deshawn Stevenson" instead of Lance Stephenson. Haha. Hilarious.

Lance Stephenson, greatest player to ever come out of New York.

edit: Oh and a very good article by Kravitz.
    Last edited by pacergod2; 04-26-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Mood

That's nothing. Brandon Rush is not allowed at a local club anymore for wearing a ball cap.

Some of these guys do party.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    That's nothing. Brandon Rush is not allowed at a local club anymore for wearing a ball cap.

Some of these guys do party.
    Of course they do, they ARE just out of college, for the most part. Although getting hammered the night before a game isn't cool. But I doubt a shot gets them hammered.

Seeing as Dahntay was there, and seeing as it was actually a restaurant not a club, I'm not concerned about it.
    Last edited by Sookie; 04-26-2011 at 01:58 PM.

That is really funny

I hear Solo writes a mean haiku

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I was wondering if it was originals by Soloman or some of his favorites. Sign me up for that poetry jam

hahahaha im cracking up!

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

I don't know about poetry but I know his antique store in Broad Ripple is supposed to be top notch.

Very sophisticated that Solomon.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Mood

Um Peck, you missed the part where the DJ's name is 'Fingers'
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

Mood

I know it's a waste of space but I had to do more than just thank this post.
    Hilarious and right on the money, thank-you Peck!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Drewtone View Post
    Um Peck, you missed the part where the DJ's name is 'Fingers'
    And he doesn't play the piano.