McGrady was a very great defender when he came into the league.

As he developed (I believe we never saw T-Mac in his prime, which is truly sad, and shows how great of a talent he was without injuries), McGrady continued to polish his offensive game with a nasty cross over and added the passing arsenal as well.

JVG once called him the best passing wing man in the league. McGrady turned into an offensive force but defensively, he started to decline because he took plays off giving Shane Battier the option to take the best defender on the opposing team.

Rookie Stats:
T-Mac: 18 min, 7 ppg, 4 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk
Paul George: 20 min, 8 ppg, 45% shooting, 4 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl

And to add in another player, Demar Derozan developed substantially from his rookie year going from 9 ppg to 17 ppg while keeping his efficiency high.

The difference between Derozan and George, Paul George can dominate the game defensively as we are witnessing this series!!!

I really hope George can develop into a superstar like McGrady was. Althought George came in from college, defensively, length wise, and athleticism wise, he reminds me a lot like McGrady.

Offensively, if George can develop his handles and start dominating the game off the dribble, he truly has a chance to transform into a great player similar in T-Mac.

Work hard Paul George please, I dont want you to waste your talent!

Any opinions? Hopefully, this thread was good enough to be multiple pages!