Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone worried about Hansbrough?

Default Anyone worried about Hansbrough?

I may be overreacting, but I'm a little concerned about Tyler.

Of course he could just be missing jump shots, but it reminds me of his vertigo issues last year. I know he came back made shots in Game 1 after the elbow scare, but he's been off since then.

It just worries me as it was similar to last year. He got hit in the Boston game, and played a couple games afterwards and his shot just seemed unusually off during that stretch before they sat him the rest of the season.

I really hope it's not the case, and he's just missing shots, but I'm curious

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: Anyone worried about Hansbrough?

Not sure, but pretty sure I noticed something (cotton?) stuffed in his left ear last game.

He hasn't seemed shaky to me, his shots have just missed. Last time he really seemed "off."

We'll find out soon, I guess.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not worried, but that only means the rest of the coo-coos who post on here are.

Bulls have adjusted and completely taken away the pcik and pop play with Darren and Tyler. You have to expect that. What I don't like is he holds the ball too long. If he cannot shoot he needs to either drive or pass it

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Banned

I've noticed that his left ear is black, the hit was hard.

I'm more mad that he keeps letting Boozer push/elbow him during FT attempts. Watch the replays, and you'll see what I mean.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm not worried myself. It just seems like his shots aren't falling.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

he'll probably get some cauliflower ear. thats the mark of a true contender in my eyes. anybody else in nba history have cauliflower ear?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:

this is just who he is and why he should be the first big off the bench, and not the starter.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm a little worried about the vertigo issue, he took an extremely hard hit to the head in the first game. And another hit to the head in game 3.

On the bright side, if vertigo is not an issue this time, it probably bodes well for not being a long term issue to worry about.

If he's just missing shots, with experience and more practice he'll do much better. We know he has a nice jump shot, hopefully consistency will come.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

He's definitely been off, in game 1 he would pick and pop without hesitation, now he gets the ball and holds it and hesitates as if hes not sure what to do. Maybe its because the bulls are playing better D, but he needs to be more decisive with what he wants to do.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itscaleb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think this has anything to do with Hansbrough's health. He has just been taking bad shots, and has been missing the open jumpers he usually hits.

We should also give the Bulls defense some credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . . . What I don't like is he holds the ball too long. If he cannot shoot he needs to either drive or pass it
    i noticed this too. but in one sense, this is a big improvement this year. at the beginning of the year, he was the blackest of black holes. i remember someone posting that he shot the ball like he'd never get another chance. thought that was a nice accurate description. now he is catching and looking for an alternative to taking the shot. that is a huge improvement this year.

but tyler does let the ball stick to his fingers. pacers still have too many ball stoppers, but it seems they are generally doing better. ah, the joys of rooting for young players

I know the Bulls have stepped on the defense, and play that pick and pop better, but he is still getting pretty good looks, and hasn't been close on some.

I hope it's just him missing shots, and being back in Chicago brings his stroke back. He and Hibbert are keys on putting pressure on Boozer and Noah.

I just remembered his jumper being off leading up the the Vertigo finding. I knew he was dizzy Game 1 after the shot to the ear, and was curious what others thought

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

JEM

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I'm a little worried about the vertigo issue, he took an extremely hard hit to the head in the first game. And another hit to the head in game 3.

On the bright side, if vertigo is not an issue this time, it probably bodes well for not being a long term issue to worry about.

If he's just missing shots, with experience and more practice he'll do much better. We know he has a nice jump shot, hopefully consistency will come.
    If vertigo were an issue he wouldn't even be able to run from one end of the court to the other.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    If vertigo were an issue he wouldn't even be able to run from one end of the court to the other.
    I'll add again that he did play a couple of games last year, after he took the hit against Boston.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    He hasn't seemed shaky to me, his shots have just missed. Last time he really seemed "off."

We'll find out soon, I guess.
    Do you really expect Tyler Hansbrough to hit jump shots with the consistancy of Karl Malone in his second (hybrid-first) season? I don't think Hansbrough has been "off" as much as he hasn't been, "on." Hansbrough has played aggressive around the basket on both ends of the court. Meanwhile, the Bulls are closing on his jump shot quickly. He has passed up a few jumpers, though it should be said, for a pass to the interior.

Why worry about Hansbrough? He has been among the reasons the Pacers have achieved success in this serious. THAT, and, the fact that Vogel has outcoached Chicago for 192 minutes.

All I know is that if Tyler has a repeat of Game 1, Game 5 should be very, very interesting. We'll see, I guess. My fingers are crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    I don't think Hansbrough has been "off" as much as he hasn't been, "on."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Im not too worried about Tyler. I just wish we had the luxury of bringing him off the bench.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

His midrange shot has just been off. Otherwise, he's looked okay. I seem to remember him making a nice move in the paint to score in Game 4.

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Do you really expect Tyler Hansbrough to hit jump shots with the consistancy of Karl Malone in his second (hybrid-first) season?
    Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell
    I don't think Hansbrough has been "off" as much as he hasn't been, "on."
    We've always been at war with Eurasia.

I think you misunderstood. By "last time" I meant "last time he had a head injury."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Well, it is more than just that he is 'not on.'

He has obviously lost confidence in his shot. I have watched him since he was a freshman in college and I have never seen him play with such indecision. His drive on the base line (he lost it out of bounds) after having he recovered his own blocked jumper is not Tyler Hansbrough.

He no longer crashes the offensive boards. In fact he gets out and allows Boozer his space.

His effectiveness in general has been negated since Game 1.

Yes, his ear looks nasty. One way or another, something is going on inside his head. I noticed Vogel sat him for quite a spell in the second half. If he is not going to score, I would give more minutes to Foster. The man has been a machine out there against Chicago; 7 offensive boards in Game 4 alone.

And that is not a knock against Hans. But the team needs him to step up right now, or use his minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

We've always been at war with Eurasia.
    lol i completely missed that the poster's name was "1984"...