Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45

Thread: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

  1. #26
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    20 PPG, 6 RPG, 3 APG, 1.5 Steals, 1 Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  2. #27

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    I can see him get 18/7/4 with most of his effort on defense. I honestly dont see him as an elite scorer. I have concerns with his dribble. His dribble is high and away from his body and looks out of control at times. That said I am highly impressed with him so far. He can dominate stretches of games and has guarded the league MVP very well. But does anyone else notice his dribbling or am I just being nit picky?

  3. #28
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    18 ppg, 6.5 rebs, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block

    Defense will be his hallmark and he'll probably be named to a couple of All-Defensive teams. Offensively, I don't think he has the speed and ball handling skills to become an elite scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  4. #29
    Member LucasRL13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    1,203

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    26ppg
    6rpg
    3apg
    3spg
    2bpg

  5. #30
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    Ooooo this is a tough one to call. Some of these predictions seem a tad unrealistic, however, lol.... let's not bury the kid before he even takes off.

    I think he's going to be a damned good player in some capacity. The spectacular level of defense he's showing in this series is damn near unmaintainable on a consistent-basis... defense is tough as hell to play from a conditioning standpoint. You will wear - yourself - out playing good D like that. I guess my point is, I don't see him playing D like he's currently putting on Rose *while* dropping 20+ a game. Maybe ever. If we want to see him become a 20+ ppg scorer, the defense is probly gonna drop off, sort of like what Granger's did after hsi first season. I still have to remind people that when Granger came in, it was his defense that had everyone excited, I don't think *anyone* predicted Granger would be a 20+ ppg scorer.... his focus has completely shifted. But regardless, as much as the goofballs want to rain on Granger, that dude has done nothing but exceed expectations since joining the team. 26 ppg? That's nuts from a 17th pick. He averaged 20 ppg this season in an "off year" --- still well above what all the experts (and us fans) predicted from him years ago. If I had asked you 6 years ago if 20/6/3 with not-near-as-bad-as-most-people-act-like defense would be good enough from our SF position, I'm guessing this entire forum would've thrown their hands up eagerly. People forget that when we drafted Granger, we had JO, Artest, Stephen Jackson --- no one would've guess that 3 years later, Granger would be our best player and averaging 27/game. He's been an amazing addition to this team.

    Will PG follow that same path? It's just really tough to play elite-level defense *and* elite-level offense 100% of the time.

    George also shows a lot of raw offensive talent, but he also needs a lot of work in his offensive game. I'm not saying he can't be a 20+ ppg scorer, but he's not even close yet. People calling him TMac and VCarter --- woah. Those guys were way better offensive options in their early years. They weren't near as good defensively, but comparing PG to an early VC *offensively* is.... vinsanity, and if you really wanna compare PG's dunks to Vince Carter's, you better watch some VC highlights. As for TMac, he averaged almost 27 ppg at PG's current age and was damn near the most unstoppable offensive force in the league that year, nothing short of spectacular. PG isn't approaching that yet, lol...

    Think expectations need to be revised. Dreams? Sure, keep those. Can't hurt.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 04-25-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  7. #31
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ooooo this is a tough one to call. Some of these predictions seem a tad unrealistic, however, lol.... let's not bury the kid before he even takes off.

    I think he's going to be a damned good player in some capacity. The spectacular level of defense he's showing in this series is damn near unmaintainable on a consistent-basis... defense is tough as hell to play from a conditioning standpoint. You will wear - yourself - out playing good D like that. I guess my point is, I don't see him playing D like he's currently putting on Rose *while* dropping 20+ a game. Maybe ever. If we want to see him become a 20+ ppg scorer, the defense is probly gonna drop off, sort of like what Granger's did after hsi first season. I still have to remind people that when Granger came in, it was his defense that had everyone excited, I don't think *anyone* predicted Granger would be a 20+ ppg scorer.... his focus has completely shifted. But regardless, as much as the goofballs want to rain on Granger, that dude has done nothing but exceed expectations since joining the team. 26 ppg? That's nuts from a 17th pick. He averaged 20 ppg this season in an "off year" --- still well above what all the experts (and us fans) predicted from him years ago. If I had asked you 6 years ago if 20/6/3 with not-near-as-bad-as-most-people-act-like defense would be good enough from our SF position, I'm guessing this entire forum would've thrown their hands up eagerly. People forget that when we drafted Granger, we had JO, Artest, Stephen Jackson --- no one would've guess that 3 years later, Granger would be our best player and averaging 27/game. He's been an amazing addition to this team.

    Will PG follow that same path? It's just really tough to play elite-level defense *and* elite-level offense 100% of the time.

    George also shows a lot of raw offensive talent, but he also needs a lot of work in his offensive game. I'm not saying he can't be a 20+ ppg scorer, but he's not even close yet. People calling him TMac and VCarter --- woah. Those guys were way better offensive options in their early years. They weren't near as good defensively, but comparing PG to an early VC *offensively* is.... vinsanity, and if you really wanna compare PG's dunks to Vince Carter's, you better watch some VC highlights. As for TMac, he averaged almost 27 ppg at PG's current age and was damn near the most unstoppable offensive force in the league that year, nothing short of spectacular. PG isn't approaching that yet, lol...

    Think expectations need to be revised. Dreams? Sure, keep those. Can't hurt.
    Really? McGrady was a better offensive option in his rookie year? Well that's just not true at all. Sure McGrady was straight out of high school, but lets not act like Paul came from some big time college program like Carter did. Everyone knows that Paul is raw on the offensive end. But so was McGrady when he came into the league. His rookie year he averaged 7ppg, 4.2rpg, 1.5 apg on 45% shooting. Paul is averaging 7.8ppg, 3.7rpg, 1.1apg on 45% shooting. Seems pretty damn close to me.

    Watching Paul George play, I see a similar skill set and flow to his game in what I saw in Tracy McGrady. Thats not saying he will be Tracy McGrady. I don't think he will ever put up 30ppg. Then again I hope he is never in a position where he has to like McGrady was.

    Oh and T-Mac didn't average 27ppg at Paul's age. He averaged 15.4ppg. Paul is still 20 years old (turns 21 next month). McGrady was also getting 30mpg when he was 20. Was McGrady more polished at 20 than Paul? Yes, of course he was. It was his third year in the NBA. He better look more polished than a rookie.

    McGrady was very raw as a rookie and second year player. Even in his second year he only averaged 9.3ppg, 5.7rpg, 2.3apg on 43% shooting. I think Paul will make a bigger jump from his rookie to his second year than McGrady did. We know he can rebound, we are seeing it in this series. We have seen his passing skills all season long. We see the offensive potential, even though its raw. He is very similar to Tracy McGrady.

    His ball handling needs the most work right now. It's just sloppy at times. It's not like the kid has any fundamental flaws in his game that are saying he can't be as good as Tracy or Vince. His shooting form is very pretty. He has a good sense of the game and has a great fluidity to his game. Oh and add in the fact that he is a complete defensive stud, what isn't there to get excited about this guy.

    If Danny Granger can average 25ppg for a season, I don't see anything in George's game that will hold him back from being able to do that. And that's not a slight at Granger. I love the guy. But how many thought Danny would turn out to be this good? Did anyone? Paul is more gifted than Danny and is showing it in his rookie season. There are things he can do that Danny can't, especially when he was a rookie.

    Paul George is gonna be a very special player for the Indiana Pacers. Many people thought that other tall 2 guard from somewhere in Cali wasn't gonna turn out to be a great player for the Pacers, but Reggie turned out to be pretty special too didn't he?

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  9. #32
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? McGrady was a better offensive option in his rookie year? Well that's just not true at all. Sure McGrady was straight out of high school, but lets not act like Paul came from some big time college program like Carter did. Everyone knows that Paul is raw on the offensive end. But so was McGrady when he came into the league. His rookie year he averaged 7ppg, 4.2rpg, 1.5 apg on 45% shooting. Paul is averaging 7.8ppg, 3.7rpg, 1.1apg on 45% shooting. Seems pretty damn close to me.

    Watching Paul George play, I see a similar skill set and flow to his game in what I saw in Tracy McGrady. Thats not saying he will be Tracy McGrady. I don't think he will ever put up 30ppg. Then again I hope he is never in a position where he has to like McGrady was.

    Oh and T-Mac didn't average 27ppg at Paul's age. He averaged 15.4ppg. Paul is still 20 years old (turns 21 next month). McGrady was also getting 30mpg when he was 20. Was McGrady more polished at 20 than Paul? Yes, of course he was. It was his third year in the NBA. He better look more polished than a rookie.

    McGrady was very raw as a rookie and second year player. Even in his second year he only averaged 9.3ppg, 5.7rpg, 2.3apg on 43% shooting. I think Paul will make a bigger jump from his rookie to his second year than McGrady did. We know he can rebound, we are seeing it in this series. We have seen his passing skills all season long. We see the offensive potential, even though its raw. He is very similar to Tracy McGrady.

    His ball handling needs the most work right now. It's just sloppy at times. It's not like the kid has any fundamental flaws in his game that are saying he can't be as good as Tracy or Vince. His shooting form is very pretty. He has a good sense of the game and has a great fluidity to his game. Oh and add in the fact that he is a complete defensive stud, what isn't there to get excited about this guy.

    If Danny Granger can average 25ppg for a season, I don't see anything in George's game that will hold him back from being able to do that. And that's not a slight at Granger. I love the guy. But how many thought Danny would turn out to be this good? Did anyone? Paul is more gifted than Danny and is showing it in his rookie season. There are things he can do that Danny can't, especially when he was a rookie.

    Paul George is gonna be a very special player for the Indiana Pacers. Many people thought that other tall 2 guard from somewhere in Cali wasn't gonna turn out to be a great player for the Pacers, but Reggie turned out to be pretty special too didn't he?
    This is POTY material for me IMO

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  11. #33
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    You act like I'm not a fan? I freakin love Paul George, dude. I'm just not proclaiming him the next TMac or VC. Those are LOFTY expectations. He can still be a great player. If he achieves it --- GREAT. But the kid is 20 years old, and 85% of this forum expects this kid to score 27 pts/game in 3 years. That's a build-up for a big let-down.

    Some of your comments deserve a response though, because you're completely painting me as a doubter of this kid, when I'm raelly doubting the expectations of this forum for Paul George, and you can't blame me.

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? McGrady was a better offensive option in his rookie year?
    Read what I wrote again. I never said his rookie year -- I said his early years.

    Well that's just not true at all. Sure McGrady was straight out of high school, but lets not act like Paul came from some big time college program like Carter did. Everyone knows that Paul is raw on the offensive end. But so was McGrady when he came into the league. His rookie year he averaged 7ppg, 4.2rpg, 1.5 apg on 45% shooting. Paul is averaging 7.8ppg, 3.7rpg, 1.1apg on 45% shooting. Seems pretty damn close to me.

    Watching Paul George play, I see a similar skill set and flow to his game in what I saw in Tracy McGrady. Thats not saying he will be Tracy McGrady. I don't think he will ever put up 30ppg. Then again I hope he is never in a position where he has to like McGrady was.
    So you're agreeing with me... and arguing with me? I'm basically saying that expecting TMac numbers from George is putting unneeded expectations on the kid (let him grow into what he's gonna be instead of declaring him the next TMac), and you basicaly tell me I'm wrong, and then agree with me that he's not gonna be the next TMac?? I'm just getting confused...

    Oh and T-Mac didn't average 27ppg at Paul's age.He averaged 15.4ppg. Paul is still 20 years old (turns 21 next month). McGrady was also getting 30mpg when he was 20.
    Oh... gee... my bad. One month and 10 minutes per game difference. Do you see George averaging 27 points/game next year with 10 more minutes? That's what TMac was doing. I don't see that.

    Was McGrady more polished at 20 than Paul? Yes, of course he was. It was his third year in the NBA. He better look more polished than a rookie.
    The straight-outta-high-school argument is completely disregarding the fact that TMac was considered *talented* enough to make the jump from high school to begin with. George is a late-bloomer. People have forgotten what a special talent TMac was. I'm not saying George *isn't* talented... but you need to respect TMac's talent as well. Take a look at his per year increase in the first 3-4 years --- it's astronomical. You guys are basically holding Paul George to one of the most meteoric rises in production in history. 27 pts/game by the age of 20/21 --- that's unbelievable. It's.... unprecedented. You act like it happens all the time. The only person I can recall coming close to that meteoric rise is Lebron james, who shattered it a few years later, when he averaged 31 pts/game at 21. You're talking LeBron James and Tracy McGrady, and saying I'm not reasonable for not expecting the same rise from Paul George?

    McGrady was very raw as a rookie and second year player. Even in his second year he only averaged 9.3ppg, 5.7rpg, 2.3apg on 43% shooting. I think Paul will make a bigger jump from his rookie to his second year than McGrady did. We know he can rebound, we are seeing it in this series. We have seen his passing skills all season long. We see the offensive potential, even though its raw. He is very similar to Tracy McGrady.

    His ball handling needs the most work right now. It's just sloppy at times. It's not like the kid has any fundamental flaws in his game that are saying he can't be as good as Tracy or Vince. His shooting form is very pretty. He has a good sense of the game and has a great fluidity to his game. Oh and add in the fact that he is a complete defensive stud, what isn't there to get excited about this guy.

    If Danny Granger can average 25ppg for a season, I don't see anything in George's game that will hold him back from being able to do that. And that's not a slight at Granger. I love the guy. But how many thought Danny would turn out to be this good? Did anyone? Paul is more gifted than Danny and is showing it in his rookie season. There are things he can do that Danny can't, especially when he was a rookie.

    Paul George is gonna be a very special player for the Indiana Pacers. Many people thought that other tall 2 guard from somewhere in Cali wasn't gonna turn out to be a great player for the Pacers, but Reggie turned out to be pretty special too didn't he?
    Gonna wrap up by saying that you did not take from my post what I intended you to. If you've read any of my posts, you'd know that I love Paul George. I was saying that we're placing some huge unneeded expectations on this kid. I don't think I need to get lambasted just because I didn't come out and say "I think Paul George is gonna average 35 pts/game and 10 rebounds and 5 assists." Come on, man, be realistic.

    I'd be ecstatic if he got us 20 and 6 and 6, which *I* feel is a realistic level for him to reach.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 04-25-2011 at 08:53 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    No, they're not expectations. They are hopes. and thoughts

    I HOPE and THINK that he will average 27 a game one season.

    I EXPECT him to be a stat sheet stuffer, great defender, and good scorer. But not a guy who is a scorer like VC and TMac.

    For example, I hope and think that the Pacers can win 50 games next year. But I don't expect them to; I'm fine with any amount of wins as long as we are seeing steady improvement and making the Playoffs.

    The only way I'd be upset with his play is if he doesn't give it his all, takes plays off, or defers.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 04-25-2011 at 08:58 PM.

  14. #35
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    This thread is a prediction thread, not a hopes thread, lol. I HOPE he wins 8 championships and scores 40/game.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  15. #36
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys are basically holding Paul George to one of the most meteoric rises in production in history. 27 pts/game by the age of 20/21 --- that's unbelievable. It's.... unprecedented.
    Not a single person is doing that. Only thing we are talking about is style of play.

    Darren Collison plays a similar game as Tony Parker. Does that mean that he's as good as him? No.

  16. #37
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    I didn’t mean to imply you aren’t a fan, I just simply disagree with what you are saying. Sure they are lofty expectations, but I bet Paul George has higher ones for himself. You may think its too lofty for him, but we do not.

    Now for the rest of the post:

    Ok so you are talking about McGrady’s early years. How is it fair to compare his early YEARS to just Paul’s rookie year? If you are going to make that argument you must at least wait until Paul has a few years under his belt as well. How is it fair to compare years 3 and 4 of McGrady to year one of Paul George? I guarantee McGrady benefited from being in the NBA for 2 years more than Paul did playing at Fresno State. Hence why he was more polished at age 20.

    I never agreed with you. All I said is I don’t see him hitting 30ppg. McGrady was in a position where he needed to score 30ppg. Thats why I said I hope he is never in the position where he needs to score 30ppg. The reasons we compare Paul to Tracy is because of the similarities in their game, not because of the amount of points they will score or assists they will have. We see him being able to attack the basket and shoot from outside, all while having a fluidity similar to Tracy’s game.

    And yes it is your bad because you are completely missing the fact that when Tracy was putting up 27ppg, he was in his 4th year in the league. 4 years. Paul is in his first. I mean thats just unfair to compare, even though McGrady was only a year older. He was able to spend 3 years learning from Vince Carter. Paul has spent one year in the NBA. The age at this point is pointless. Its the NBA experience you need to look at. Do I see George averaging 27ppg in his second year like McGrady did in his fourth? No, no one does. No one say McGrady averaging 27ppg in his second year either. Do I see him doing it in his 4th year? I very well could. I bet PG’s 2nd year looks much more like Mcgrady’s third.

    PG never even had the chance to go straight to the NBA because of the rules. Even if they were the same he wouldn’t have gone straight to the NBA. You are right, at their ages McGrady is more talented than George. But look at the experience. Paul George never played AAU ball even. He played at a smaller school in Fresno state. Tracy McGrady was able to gain way more experience and be better coached in his first two years in the NBA than George ever was in college. Hence why it is unfair to compare them at their ages. Compare them off their NBA experience and then you get a fair comparison and you see how similar they were in the first year.

    McGrady’s talent showed at age 18. Paul George’s showed at 20. I mean if George was a guy who was 24 and in his first season out of North Carolina, then I could see your point. But he’s not. I’m holding Paul to getting to all star status in year 4 of his NBA career. Not by his age. No one else is doing that except you. Why are you so hung up on age rather than NBA experience?

    PG averaging 20, 6 and 6 in his best season is pretty much Danny Granger level ceiling. Paul George is more talented than Granger. Would I be happy if he hit it? Of course. But that’s not his best case scenario, which is what I am arguing. Paul George has the work ethic to be one of those players that actually can reach his best case scenario too. Which is why so many of us have these lofty goals for him. You are fine in expecting what you expect, but people aren’t wrong or being unrealistic when they think he can be a better player than what you think he will be.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  18. #38

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    20, 6, 4, 2, 1.5; and 2 turnovers.

  19. #39
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,591

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he is going to be a great player, but his best skill (defense) is often very difficult to judge by stats

    I doubt he'll ever score 27 ppg though at least not on a plus .500 team. I just don't see him being a mello or Durant type scorer. I see him more around 20-22 ppg. but he'll be an all around player a two way player who excells more as a defender than an offensive player.
    While I agree he will most likely be more of a 20-22 ppg scorer, we are talking about his best not his normal. Look at Reggie he was an 18ppg scorer for the majority of his career, but he did have a season of 24ppg. I personally would go with 25ppg being his all-time high instead of 27, but for one season I think it is possible he averages 27.

  20. #40
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok so you are talking about McGrady’s early years. How is it fair to compare his early YEARS to just Paul’s rookie year? If you are going to make that argument you must at least wait until Paul has a few years under his belt as well. How is it fair to compare years 3 and 4 of McGrady to year one of Paul George?
    And my counter point is, how is it fair to assume George will put up McGrady-like numbers after only 1 season? It's a 2-way logic highway. A true comparison can't be made for another 3-4 years, and yet everyone is proclaiming this guy the next TMac, lol...
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  21. #41
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,468

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    Scottie Pippen
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  22. #42
    Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    17.5ppg, 6.3rpg, 3apg, 0.8 blks, 1.6 stls

  23. #43
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And my counter point is, how is it fair to assume George will put up McGrady-like numbers after only 1 season? It's a 2-way logic highway. A true comparison can't be made for another 3-4 years, and yet everyone is proclaiming this guy the next TMac, lol...
    Fans, making predictions on what a player could be? What? NO WAY? I'm not the one comparing their early years. I'm comparing their rookie years and the similarities in their games. Saying George isn't going to be McGrady because McGrady put up huge stats in year 4 and George didn't in year 1 is dumb. Comparing George in year 1 to McGrady in year 1 and sighting similarities in their skill sets is not. You are doing the former, I am doing the latter.

  24. #44
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    Whatever, dude, lol... not gonna argue with ya anymore, you win. Paul George is definitely TMac 2.0 based off one season, my logic is completely wrong, and I'm stupid for not assuming George is gonna average 30/game in 3 years just because Tracy McGrady did.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  25. #45
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,958
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And my counter point is, how is it fair to assume George will put up McGrady-like numbers after only 1 season? It's a 2-way logic highway. A true comparison can't be made for another 3-4 years, and yet everyone is proclaiming this guy the next TMac, lol...
    Most of these predictions have been pretty tame givent he fact that this is a pacers message board and most of us are at least to some degree "homers".

    Most people are prediciting like 20-22 and 6 averages, which are good but not outrageous.

    Danny granger has put up 26-5.5-3 on good percentages before, and I can tell you now that George can do some things with the ball (offensively) that granger isn't capable of doing in his sixth year in the league. If his jumpshot comes along, which given it's beautiful form and proficiency from the midrange already, it should, then there isn't a real reason to believe that given the opportunity he couldn't be just as prolific as granger is on offense. Keep in mind that this thread is not career averages or anything, but the single best statistical season of his career. Mcgrady put up something ridiculous like 33 ppg 6 rebounds and 6 assists or even better one year, even if george averages 25-26 ppg one year that's still not peak mcgrady on offense.

Similar Threads

  1. NBA Coach Power Rankings: O'Brien 23rd
    By Hibbert in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
  2. Hoops Hype Mock Draft
    By Hoop in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 10:32 PM
  3. Former Pacer Billy Knight left out in the cold.
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 12:13 AM
  4. Weekend Recap 02-29: News from Around the NBA
    By kerosene in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 03:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •