Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

Hybrid View

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

Simple task. Please don't give me any of the 'I don't know the future blah blah blah' stuff. This is just for fun and to show off our homerism.

Okay, I'll start us off:

27 PPG, 8 RPG, 5.5 APG, 2 SPG, 1 BPG

I think he has a chance to be very special.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

I think he is going to be a great player, but his best skill (defense) is often very difficult to judge by stats

I doubt he'll ever score 27 ppg though at least not on a plus .500 team. I just don't see him being a mello or Durant type scorer. I see him more around 20-22 ppg. but he'll be an all around player a two way player who excells more as a defender than an offensive player.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Make a prediction: What does Paul George's best season statistically look like?

I see him more as a Andre Iggy role. Get everyone involved and play great defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he is going to be a great player, but his best skill (defense) is often very difficult to judge by stats

I doubt he'll ever score 27 ppg though at least not on a plus .500 team. I just don't see him being a mello or Durant type scorer. I see him more around 20-22 ppg. but he'll be an all around player a two way player who excells more as a defender than an offensive player.
    I just see his jumper some day being great some day, which opens everything up for him. And by great I mean able to hit around 40% with most of his threes being off the dribble.

And i want to say that I am not trying to put insane expectations on him. I do not expect him to do this, I just have hopes that he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

While I agree he will most likely be more of a 20-22 ppg scorer, we are talking about his best not his normal. Look at Reggie he was an 18ppg scorer for the majority of his career, but he did have a season of 24ppg. I personally would go with 25ppg being his all-time high instead of 27, but for one season I think it is possible he averages 27.

22 ppg 6rpg 4apg 2spg 1bpg

I'm more hopeful that he maintains his defensive intensity than any stat. I want him to be a well-rounded player and an All-Defensive team contender more than a scoring title contender.
    Last edited by IndyPacer; 04-24-2011 at 10:55 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyPacer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

19 PPG, 6 RPG, 2.5 APG, 2.5 SPG, 1 BPG
    Last edited by gummy; 04-25-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

21ppg, 7rpg, 4apg, 2spg, 1bpg

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Something like 18/6.5/3.5 and around 2.2 B +S, with some All Defense teams

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

20pts,7reb,3ast,2stl,1blk, and 6 deflection per game ... that's best case and I'd be very happy with that.

Now if he is solely the first option then ppg goes up to about 27. (homer-ism)

He is Vince Carter plus defense...so I could see him hit the 20's even though his shot isn't dropping that well at the moment.

If he works on his J and becomes deadly from three, look out. He could go into the upper 20's very easily because he has great elevation and a high release...and tremendous quickness. In short, he will be able to get his shot off anytime.

Mood

Sports Logo

29 ppg, 13 rpg, 9 apg, 5 spg, 3 bpg.

First scoring option. Becomes fifth person in NBA history to get a quadruple-double.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

20 PPG 6 RPG 3 APG 2 SPG 1 BPG 50% 90% 40% percentages

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whoa, I like George too, but some of this is absolute insanity. There are guards in the hall of fame who never came CLOSE to putting up numbers like that in their careers that some of you have for Paul.

I will say 17 ppg, 5 rpg 2 assts 1.5 blocks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Whoa, I like George too, but some of this is absolute insanity. There are guards in the hall of fame who never came CLOSE to putting up numbers like that in their careers that some of you have for Paul.

Outside of imbtyler and myself, I don't see anything that is potentially outrageous at all.

Keep in mind that this is for one season..22, 6, and 4 is attainable for Paul in the future, I think. Which is probably about the average consensus around the thread so far.

Sports Logo

As we've all recently learned, the HOF's a sham. A SHAM I SAY!

First, it's projected best season stats, not career stats. I'd agree some of the scoring predictions seem high, but the rest, on average, seem reasonable.

Second, assuming you understood the previous statement, your stats seem rather low to me.

As a 20-year old rookie in only 20mpg he averaged: 7.8ppg 3.7 rpg 1.1apg 1spg 0.4bpg and moved into the starting lineup and has had a substantial impact guarding the league MVP. Chances are George will be getting significantly more minutes as a key player for this franchise in the future, and I would expect substantial progression with experience. I don't think he'll have any trouble surpassing your rebound and assists projections. He would basically need one more of each to match your expectations, and he was only playing 20mpg as a rookie.

Banned

16.5 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2.8 apg.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm going to say 28ppg 7rpg 5apg

At least 2 Defensive Player of the Year Awards

One MVP trophy

Two championships

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

19 ppg, 5 rpg, 3 apg, 2 spg, 1 bpg
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

24ppg, 6rpg, 5apg, 1.5 blks, 2.5 stls

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    24ppg, 6rpg, 5apg, 1.5 blks, 2.5 stls
    I would be very happy about that considering he will be playing next to Granger who gets 20 a game too

I think he's a better passer then he is getting credit for in this thread. Keep in mind Granger averaged 3 a game this year and imo, he's not near the passer George is.

I really don't know with Paul. I think he has the potential to be a killer scorer, but I don't know if he ever will dominate offensively like he will defensively.

24ppg 6rpg 4apg 1spg 1.5bpg

Sports Logo

His Per 36 numbers compare closely to Andre Iguodala's rookie year, with PG putting up 3.5 more points on a few % points lower shooting, and Iggy putting up 3.3 assists to PG's 1.8.

The rest is really close. If you're into that kinda thing.