Thread: IND and ATL

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default IND and ATL

Josh McRoberts (S&T), Brandon Rush, Lance Stephenson/AJ Price (which ever they want), plus our 2011 1st, for Josh Smith.

I know this isn't quite enough to get a deal done, but this is a start. Maybe we sign another free agent to trade to them as well, or future draft picks, idk. But we need Josh Smith and have the cap flexibility to get him.

ATL needs a stable starting PG, so maybe sign Stuckey to send there, or get Felton involved somehow.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: IND and ATL

Although I want to see him come here, McRoberts is too valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by thatch3232 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Josh McRoberts (S&T), Brandon Rush, Lance Stephenson/AJ Price (which ever they want), plus our 2011 1st, for Josh Smith...
    Why sell the farm when you can get something from an Atlanta for the price of a decent cow? Crawford should be one of the best value picks in the coming offseason.

Josh Smith is definitely the guy to get in the offseason. I think it would take at least Hibbert or Granger to even start the negotiations, but who knows? I like how you are thinking though!

I used to be for bringing in Josh. He's just not a smart basketball player for all his gifts. If Atlanta can't win with Josh (and they have a pretty damn good team), what makes you think the Pacers can?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I used to be for bringing in Josh. He's just not a smart basketball player for all his gifts. If Atlanta can't win with Josh (and they have a pretty damn good team), what makes you think the Pacers can?
    Im not saying the Pacers would win the Championship if we had Josh Smith, im just saying that he would greatly help our front court with his athleticism, toughness, and shot blocking ability.

I wouldnt trade Granger, Hibbert, PG, or Collison to get him though

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    No disrespect or anything man. But just from watching a decent amount of Atlanta games and some playoff games, between Crawford and Johnson, Josh doesn't get the ball enough. Jamal and Joe are big ball hogs, and I'm not saying there isn't a reason why they shouldn't, but Josh is like pre-injured JO. Give him the ball and look the **** out, because he can bulldoze his way to the rim.

If he could improve his FT shooting he could soon be a dominant PF. All in all though, I say we do what we can to get him.

Dream Wishlist
    Kevin Love...
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold