Thread: Trade with Pistons

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Trade with Pistons

James Posey, Darren Collison, Tyler Hansbrough, and our 2011 First Round pick for Rodney Stuckey (S&T) and Ben Wallace.

Thoughts?

Stuckey
    George
    Granger
    McRoberts
    Hibbert
    Last edited by idioteque; 04-24-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Default Re: Trade with Pistons

Wow, you must think a lot more of Stuckey than I do. Collison, Hansbrough, and a first? Those are some major assets.

I agree with you they are. I always try to post "realistic" trades on here that at times may even favor the other team a little bit. I would love us to pull of another Collison-type heist in the offseason, but I can't predict how in the world that would happen.

You have to give up something to get something. Unless you can do something brilliant like Bird did last year.

I believe Stuckey's a FA this offseason (don't recall if he's a UFA or RFA). If the Pacers are interested in him they'll try to sign him. Otherwise I wouldn't trade Collison or Hansbrough straight up for Stuckey, let alone both of them and a first round pick.

With all the respect to you my friend, but that's a terrible deal.

We aren't trading Tyler!!!!!

Darren is more of a PG than Stuckey is and NO WAY to Ben Wallace.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Like, REGGIE FOR 3!!! cgehlhausen4's Avatar

WOW??? that would be a terrible trade. Collison is better than stuckey, and give him another year he will only get better. Tyler has proven that he can play and hes gonna get better. A first round pick??? never. ben wallace is old and he cant even score. he wont be around much longer. Throw in Ben Gordon and Tayshaun Prince and maybe id consider that trade.
    Craig "The Coon" Gehlhausen

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with you they are. I always try to post "realistic" trades on here that at times may even favor the other team a little bit. I would love us to pull of another Collison-type heist in the offseason, but I can't predict how in the world that would happen.

You have to give up something to get something. Unless you can do something brilliant like Bird did last year.
    I definitely respect anyone who doesn't come in and propose trades like "Amare for Lance, Solo and a 2nd", but that's just too much for Stuckey.

Compare his stats with Collison.

Stuckey - 4th year - 70 games played - 15.5 ppg/5.2 apg/3.1 rpg/2.21 TO .439 FG%, .289 3P%

Collison - 2nd year - 79 games played - 13.2 ppg/5.1 apg/2.8 rpg/2.46 TO .457 FG%, .331 3P%

Considering that it's only Collison's 2nd year and he's had 4 head coaches already, I might rather have Collison straight up, not to mention Hansbrough and the first.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    I definitely respect anyone who doesn't come in and propose trades like "Amare for Lance, Solo and a 2nd", but that's just too much for Stuckey.

Compare his stats with Collison.

Stuckey - 4th year - 70 games played - 15.5 ppg/5.2 apg/3.1 rpg/2.21 TO .439 FG%, .289 3P%

Collison - 2nd year - 79 games played - 13.2 ppg/5.1 apg/2.8 rpg/2.46 TO .457 FG%, .331 3P%

Considering that it's only Collison's 2nd year and he's had 4 head coaches already, I might rather have Collison straight up, not to mention Hansbrough and the first.
    Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    With all the respect to you my friend, but that's a terrible deal.

We aren't trading Tyler!!!!!

Darren is more of a PG than Stuckey is and NO WAY to Ben Wallace.
    Why not Ben Wallace? I'd love to have him as a backup center for the next couple of years, he's exactly the toughness we need in the paint and he still averages nearly 11 rpg.

If we were to make any trade with Detroit, which I see as possible this offseason, I'd campaign hard to get him as a throw-in.

I really don't care about his role in the brawl, that was more of Artest being an idiot and not controlling himself than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Why not Ben Wallace? I'd love to have him as a backup center for the next couple of years, he's exactly the toughness we need in the paint and he still averages nearly 11 rpg.

If we were to make any trade with Detroit, which I see as possible this offseason, I'd campaign hard to get him as a throw-in.

I really don't care about his role in the brawl, that was more of Artest being an idiot and not controlling himself than anything.
    Partly because Ben Wallace might not be playing in the next couple of years. Heck, he might retire THIS year. If it's a tough guy in the paint we need there are other guys we could go after. For example, I hate Anderson Varejao (and his contract) with a passion but he might be a better option than Wallace at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Grundy View Post
    Partly because Ben Wallace might not be playing in the next couple of years. Heck, he might retire THIS year. If it's a tough guy in the paint we need there are other guys we could go after. For example, I hate Anderson Varejao (and his contract) with a passion but he might be a better option than Wallace at this stage.
    I see Wallace definitely as a one or two year solution as opposed to a long term guy. I think he has one year left on his deal and thus he would be a decent throw-in for one year.

Ben Wallace is probably going to retire.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I would love to get Stuckey but this is too much to give up. Remember we'll have some leverage due to being under the cap, i.e. it's possible that we could just sign Stuckey outright. I'd offer the Pistons our first and a trade exception as a starting point.

Btw, I view Stuckey more as a SG than a PG. Sure he can play PG sometimes but he's a scorer first and foremost. I think Detroit is misusing him actually by playing him at PG full time.