Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

Default Re: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

Quote Originally Posted by wseward View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hahaha that comment is so true... all the kids i encounter at school all wear old school bulls jerseys and shirts... only a handful with "updated" fan gear wear rose... there fans suck and are obnoxious.

Kid in my auditing class was talking with his chicago buddy about game 3,

"Hey bro, have you been to conseco, where should I park?"

his friend said "ya there are parking lots for like 10 bucks across the street, conseco like isn't a real stadium dude, its horrible."

... i politely leaned over (wearing my 94-95 reggie throwback) and said "you guys really don't know what your talking about do you"
    I would like to meet the person who has actually been to Conseco Fieldhouse and didn't love it. I'd argue its the ONLY real stadium.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

I'm glad that our team is showing some great class through all of this. By "this" I mean all the HORRIBLE officiating and the crap we're getting from the bandwagoners. I'm proud to be a Pacers fan, and I'd be ashamed if I were a Bulls fan.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post:

I get more offended at someone insulting Conseco than I do the team. The Pacers have been mediocre the past few seasons, so there's at least a sliver of merit if someone says they suck. Saying Conseco sucks is just pure blasphemy, however, and anyone who argues that Conseco "isn't a real stadium" should be drug into the streets and shot.

So do any of you Indy people have your tickets for game 6??

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    I got mine. Are you Chitown people coming down for another empty visit? I'll leave a light on for ya.
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 04-25-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wseward View Post
    hahaha that comment is so true... all the kids i encounter at school all wear old school bulls jerseys and shirts... only a handful with "updated" fan gear wear rose... there fans suck and are obnoxious.

Kid in my auditing class was talking with his chicago buddy about game 3,

"Hey bro, have you been to conseco, where should I park?"

his friend said "ya there are parking lots for like 10 bucks across the street, conseco like isn't a real stadium dude, its horrible."

... i politely leaned over (wearing my 94-95 reggie throwback) and said "you guys really don't know what your talking about do you"
    I'm surprised you even got that far. Here was a sampling of my conversations with Chicago kids at IU:

ME: Hey, do you know...

CHICAGO KID: Da Bears!

ME: ...I was going to ask...

CHICAGO KID: Da Bears! Devin Hester!

ME: ...actually, I just needed to borrow...

CHICAGO KID: Michael Jordan! Devin Hester! Da Bulls Da Bears!

ME: ...a pen.

CHICAGO KID: Ditka! Super Bowl champs! Chi-town baby!

ME: ...you're honestly stuck in a continuous loop of time between 1985 and 1995, aren't you?

CHICAGO KID: Da Bears!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Talking Re: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I really wonder how many of those people in Bulls attire are from Indy. It would not surprise me a bit to find out that a good number of them are.
    I know a good number of the people who came to root the bulls drove down. Cheaper tix bla bla bla. but how many people did you see wearing satin Wal-Mart jerseys? that says alot about the fanhood of these idiots. I happen to own one "Wally jersey" A Psycho T jersey. I would never ever wear it to a game I would be ashamed to do so. I only wear it working in the yard fishing things like that. So you know 3/4 of those idiots stopped at a Wally world on the way down to gear up lol. Not to sound like a jerk but if you have to stop on your way to the game and that is all you could find you will probably be a Heat-Laker fan tomorrow.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    ya almost tore it up but didnt

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Here's what I really don't understand at all.

I really don't get that concept that "it takes time" for fans to come back. I just don't. The truth is that the Pacers have been playing very well in the playoffs and they played fairly well over the last half of the season after JOB was fired. You don't have to not be living under a rock to understand that.

Exciting playoff basketball is right in front of you. Wouldn't you, intuitively, want to see that? Surely no regular human being thinks, "well, this is an exciting opportunity, but you know what, it is going to take time for me to actually take advantage of this opportunity."

I don't get it at all. If good playoff basketball is in front of me, I'm there.
    I agree with you but, Average joe who reads the Star does not know that what they do know is every negative thing published there lance is in trouble, problems in the locker room the list goes on. Maybe if we could get some good press then the average person looking for a night out would choose to come see us. After average Joe types start coming out because they see in the local media that these guys are pretty darn good then the fan bug sets in and Joe comes back for more.
    EDIT: Also the headline in the Star On the day of game one. "Why will the Bulls win? Let me count the ways."
    That really makes fans want to spend the hard earned money they have to buy a ticket.
    Stay Classy Star!
    Last edited by kielbeze; 04-25-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Bandwagoners. What can you expect?
    I started a "Bandwagon Fans" chant after the game as we were walking through the concourse behind a large group of Bulls fans.

Overall, the Bulls fans were cool and just enthusiastic about their team. I thanked several of them for coming to the game and spending their money in Indiana. I even said in a mockingly tone "Thank you for your money Bulls fans! Indiana loves you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    I wish we could get some Pacer fans to invade the United Center on Tuesday. Respectably, of course.
    There were five or six of us in the arena, total. I had my Hibbert jersey, so I was easy to spot.

There were two people in the 200 level behind the Pacers bench wearing gold jerseys. I guess they could have been Lakers jerseys, but why wear those to a Pacers-Bulls game?

And there was one person in the middle of the 100 level, directly across from the Pacers bench about 15 rows up, wearing gold.

Everyone else in the arena was wearing red. The Bulls are advertising up here (and I think it was printed on the tickets) to wear red for the home playoff games and its working.

There were a couple of other people wearing blue, but they were actually wearing navy suits so I assume they had to come straight from the office (just as I had done, so my Hibbert jersey was over the top of my dress shirt) but were Bulls fans.

As for classy?

About half-way through the first quarter, the couple beside said, "Hey, you're okay for being a Pacers fan." I chuckled and said, "Yeah, I know how to behave in someone else's arena."

The guy thought about that and said, "You're right. I go to the game to have fun and some people take it too seriously." I replied that I probably take it too seriously, but I can still act civil.

His next comment was great, and I wish all fans at sporting events would take this to heart: "I don't go the game trying to ruin your enjoyment of it, and I don't expect you to try and ruin my enjoyment of it." That wasn't my comment, that was the comment made by a Bulls fan.

Just like in Game #2, from that point everything else around where I was sitting was pleasant. Did the fans chant "Pacers suck!"? Yes. But so what, did you see what happened last night? The Pacers sucked, Rose was a mega-star, and if you don't want to hear that chant then put up a better performance. At the end of the game, I guess its safe to say that the goodbye's that I said to the other people in Section 325 last night were more pleasant than the handshake between Danny and Pebbles Noah. Several people also said to me that (a) they like where our young team is going, (b) you guys are going to be really, really good soon, and for the ones that were really paying attention: (c) wow, the coaching change made a big difference with this team.

Now they cheered for their team, as they should. I didn't have much to cheer about, so I didn't. And when Rose took over the game in the third quarter, I did what any reasonable person should do. I said, "wow, that's a nice play."

= = = = = = = = = = = =
    I didn't read everything in this thread, but for Game #4 we were sitting near where a security guard was posted. He told us that a number of ejections took place late in the first quarter, when Boomer was shooting T-shirts into the crowd. The shirts landed in the midst of Bulls fans, and they followed their Wriggley Field tradition - when an opposing player hits a home run they throw the ball back. Well, at an NBA arena (especially when David Stern is in the house), throwing the shirt back to Boomer under the NBA's conduct rules is an automatic ejection from the arena. The security guard was unsure if that was also cause for arrest (obviously not, since only one person was arrested), but he thought it might also carry a one-year ban from all NBA arenas. (Wow!)

I went to three games of this series - two in Chicago - and didn't encounter any real problems. Did I like hearing them boo the Pacers at the Fieldhouse? Hell no. But IMO they were far more classy that the Pistons fans that showed up in the Fieldhouse during 2004 and 2005. From what I could see, they were only guilty of cheering for their team, and were not as emphatic at ruining the experience for everyone around them as the Pistons fans were. And certainly, none of the Bulls fans challenged my wife to a fight in the concourse of the Fieldhouse just because she was wearing a Pacers jersey like one particular Pistons fan did back in May of 2004.

Well, I'm swamped with work, and there isn't much to say about the actual game, so until next time...

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

I would say that the fans Bulls fans that were at Conseco were a different breeed than those that go to the United Center. Obviously I am talking in general terms

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thanks for that Jay, good post with good info about the situation in both arenas. I especially agree that the Pistons fans that would invade Conseco in the mid 2000s had to have been worse, but I didn't go to any games this year, so I couldn't say for sure. What I do know from experience is that I felt really uncomfortable and almost unsafe in Pacers gear at a Pistons game in the Palace than I ever have in the hundreds of times I've gone to Bulls Pacers games at the UC.

All of my friends back home are Bulls fans, so I want to beat them and shove it in their face more than anything, but a lot of people on this forum have made really hateful, un-called for generalizations that obviously aren't true.

Okay, but in general terms let's also not pretend that all Pacers fans that go to other team's arenas are well-behaved. There is something about the mentality of fan of the visiting team and it doesn't matter if that person is fan of Greenwood HS, IU, Wheaton College, the Bulls, Pacers, Steelers or Colts.

In fact, my worst experience of the past several years was with some badly behaved Wheaton College kids at one of the D3 games that I go to now.

Mood

Well, I'm shocked you had such a good experience at United Center.

Personally, I think its the cost of tickets, keeps some of the trash out of the arena. Because balcony seats could be had for $20, a lot of crappy people came down to Conseco for games 3/4.

I was at both, game 3 was far worse because all of the bulls fans around me had been drinking all day and were stirring up all sorts of problems. Game 4 wasn't as bad, I credit some of that to the early tip.

Honestly, I never had an experience with a Pistons, Sixers, Nets, or Knicks fan like I had with multiple Bulls fans in this series. Giving Pacer fans the bird, chanting F-YOU, telling underage Pacer fans to F-off...it was a travesty.

Not to mention that Chicago sports fans have a reputation as being like this. They rival Philly for classless fans.

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I would say that the fans Bulls fans that were at Conseco were a different breeed than those that go to the United Center. Obviously I am talking in general terms
    I would same they were the same breed, called Bulls fan breed. (There's good and bad at every game.)

I've been to Wizards games and a Bucks game, and Games 1 & 2 in Chicago had the worst fans I've ever experienced by a long shot. (They were bad in the Fieldhouse, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Well, I'm shocked you had such a good experience at United Center.
    Up here, there are only Bulls fans if the team are contending. Classic traits of front-running fans. I told a couple of them that I could guarantee I was at a game they weren't at - the Pacers-Bulls preseason game at The UC that was the same night that poor Bartman kid messed up the playoff game for the Cubs. There were less than 1,000 of us in the building (it was preseason, and the Bulls really sucked back then), and about 850 of those people were in the suites watching the Cubs game on television. (Literally, one of the secuirty guards and I took attendance at the game using tally marks - we almost could do it with fingers and toes.)

So based on that datapoint, I figure that the Bulls really have about 149 serious, hardcore fans. We've got a higher quantity of legit fans than that on PD that would not even miss a preseason game. So you've got to take that into consideration.

Honestly, I never had an experience with a Pistons, Sixers, Nets, or Knicks fan like I had with multiple Bulls fans in this series. Giving Pacer fans the bird, chanting F-YOU, telling underage Pacer fans to F-off...it was a travesty.
    Very Pistons-fans like. That's miserable. I didn't experience any of that this year, but I have.

Not to mention that Chicago sports fans have a reputation as being like this. They rival Philly for classless fans.
    No. They're unabashed homers. They are happy to leave their brains turned off, and most of them also drop off their brains at the coat check and forget to pick them back up. I've been told the 2002 Bears "were the best 4-12 team in football". I was also told that Kordell Stewart would be the guy to lead them to a Super Bowl and when I reminded the guy I was a Steelers fan he said, "He'll change, just you wait and see."

Really.

These are the same fans that still have hope that every August that the last-place Cubs are going to turn it around and win the pennant, and if not, the Bears are definitely the NFC favorite to reach the Super Bowl every August, too.

Classless is not one of the adjectives I think of. Illogical homers, yes. These are the same people that were telling me in 1988 (yes, '88, when he'd been in the league for 4 seasons) that Jordan was already the greatest player of all time. (Yawn.) So that's part of the reason that Jordan will never be at the top of my list of best NBA players ever (and Wilt and Oscar will remain at the top).

The main reason I won't ever like the Bulls is because of their fans. But not because of concerns about class, I just can't stand listening to their homerism while I know for a fact that they're just bandwagon fans, aren't really basketball fans, don't follow the rest of the NBA (except for Phil Jackson & the Lakers), etc. They don't switch to another team when the Bulls are down, they just talk about how much they hate the NBA until the Bulls come back.

Games 1 & 2 in Chicago had the worst fans I've ever experienced by a long shot.
    I could be wrong about this, but aren't you the guy in the blue-and-gold star wars costume/helmet? I saw you at Game #2. Love your enthusiasm for the team, but if you're going into someone's arena dressed like that you've got to expect that you're going to hear from them.

The McDonald's IncreiBulls guys spotted me and my Hibbert jersey at Game #5, and the one guy yelled out to the section, "We've got a Pacers fan here, what do we think of that?" And they boo'ed me. And that was fine. Nobody swore at me, flipped me off, threw anything at me. Nobody tried to ruin my evening (except for the dozen or so guys in yellow tanktops and shorts that looked like a #8 seed on the court.)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post: