Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

The invasion of Bulls fans and acting like animals at CFH is like that Family Guy episode when the New Yorkers invaded Quahog.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I didn't really care for this quote from Herb Simon:

"We'll live with this," Pacers owner Herb Simon said. "At least they paid full price for the tickets."

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...yssey=nav|head
    That's the lone brightside of it all. Their money went to Simon and PS&E.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's what I really don't understand at all.

I really don't get that concept that "it takes time" for fans to come back. I just don't. The truth is that the Pacers have been playing very well in the playoffs and they played fairly well over the last half of the season after JOB was fired. You don't have to not be living under a rock to understand that.

Exciting playoff basketball is right in front of you. Wouldn't you, intuitively, want to see that? Surely no regular human being thinks, "well, this is an exciting opportunity, but you know what, it is going to take time for me to actually take advantage of this opportunity."

I don't get it at all. If good playoff basketball is in front of me, I'm there.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

"We'll live with this," Pacers owner Herb Simon said. "At least they paid full price for the tickets."

The Washington National GM said the exact same thing after one of of the millions of Phillies invasions into Nationals Park. The local fanbase really skewered him over it, although the local media, who doesn't care about the team, said nothing.

I just hope as a Pacers fan, I will never have to see a home crowd that filled with opposing fans.

It was nothing, but a disgusting sight.

That is embarrassing for a whole city and I can't believe it would be Indy and it's Pacers playoff basketball.
    Last edited by Trophy; 04-24-2011 at 11:16 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Part of the problem with fan attendance has been media, especially local, representation. When a majority of the articles published in the Star reflect on the mediocrity and stumbling blocks of the team it turns people off.

I'm not saying that the articles are correct nor are they always negative, but it's fair to say that the Pacers have not gotten extremely positive representation from the media.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eric1516 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eric1516 View Post
    Part of the problem with fan attendance has been media, especially local, representation. When a majority of the articles published in the Star reflect on the mediocrity and stumbling blocks of the team it turns people off.

I'm not saying that the articles are correct nor are they always negative, but it's fair to say that the Pacers have not gotten extremely positive representation from the media.
    That is certainly true. And people will inevitably respond that it's not the job of the local media to act as a PR machine for the team. But that is exactly what they do with the Colts, so it's definitely a double standard.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    That is certainly true. And people will inevitably respond that it's not the job of the local media to act as a PR machine for the team. But that is exactly what they do with the Colts, so it's definitely a double standard.
    That is exactly what they do with the Colts. It makes me mad to see more stories posted on the Sports page about the Colts than the Pacers in the playoffs.

That said, I have enjoyed Kravitiz's articles as of late. He's been spot on with the assessment of the playoffs.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to eric1516 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post

Can we name three BCS conference football programs worse than IU? Big LEast doesn't count.

Duke is one. What else we got?
    And this would accomplish what exactly? Start a thread in the appropriate forum if you want to bash IU football.

Vanderbilt is another.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 04-24-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Here's what I really don't understand at all.

I really don't get that concept that "it takes time" for fans to come back. I just don't. The truth is that the Pacers have been playing very well in the playoffs and they played fairly well over the last half of the season after JOB was fired. You don't have to not be living under a rock to understand that.

Exciting playoff basketball is right in front of you. Wouldn't you, intuitively, want to see that? Surely no regular human being thinks, "well, this is an exciting opportunity, but you know what, it is going to take time for me to actually take advantage of this opportunity."

I don't get it at all. If good playoff basketball is in front of me, I'm there.
    The Pacers were basically a .500 team after being certifiably terrible under JOB for the first half of the season. They weren't THAT much better down the stretch and Game 3 had far more Pacers fans than Game 4.

As I have said repeatedly, playing .500 ball for two months and squeaking into the playoffs with a losing record isn't going to excite many people.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    The Pacers were basically a .500 team after being certifiably terrible under JOB for the first half of the season. They weren't THAT much better down the stretch and Game 3 had far more Pacers fans than Game 4.

As I have said repeatedly, playing .500 ball for two months and squeaking into the playoffs with a losing record isn't going to excite many people.
    They were 17-27 under JOB and finished 2 games over .500 under Vogel. It is incorrect to say they weren't "much better" down the stretch.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I really think it was only about a 2-1 ratio of Bulls fans to Pacer fans, but that still was overwhelming. It's the old "look to your left, look to your right, only one of you is a Pacer fan" thing. When you consider there were clumps of Pacer fans and (larger) clumps of Bulls fans, it looked like we were outnumbered by more than that.

Even at that, if it wasn't "let's go Bulls" during a timeout/pregame (or the National Anthem ), or noise during the last part of the 4th quarter, the Bulls fans as a whole got knocked back on their heels pretty early and didn't make the kind of noise they could have done. Pacer fans couldn't drown then out when they were all cheering (and face it, we don't have a "Let's Go <insert one syllable team name here> chant that we learn from birth), but I think they did more cheering. I certainly blew my own voice out.

Bulls fans near us were very polite for the most part (though the ones above the drum corps who started cursing them out were, shall we say, stupid), and I think were surprised to hear some of us commenting on calls that went our way and should not have (like a missed travel or two) and calls that were bad for the Pacers but were good calls (like the goaltend).

I also think the reason it was so overwhelming today was that from the beginning most of the Bulls fans coming to Indy pegged the Saturday game. I would imagine by the time a lot of Indy fans decided to try to come to the game it was already sold out. That's why I think we'd have seen this even if we'd won on Thursday, because the tickets were already in the hands of Bulls fans.

I'm not sure why you'd say this is bad. For one, we don't have the context, so it could have been in terms of a longer interview where this was more of a "look at the bright side" than a "we don't care as long as we get the $$$" statement.

For another thing, Pacer fans don't bother coming out unless/until they get deep discounts, so why wouldn't Herb be happy to see someone buying full price tickets?
    Last edited by BillS; 04-24-2011 at 12:03 PM.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

People are exaggerating the ratio. It was probably 60 percent home crowd pacers fans in attendance. The thing was that a lot of pacers fans didn't have any pacers gear to wear to you couldn't really compare that to the sea of red when you scanned the arena. Some areas were almost all pacers fans, especially around me.

You could tell as all the red left when the game was sealed for us that the arena was still mostly full but people just weren't wearing pacers colors. The bulls fans that left early were all walking down the stairs chanting 'pacers suck' as the indiana fans stood around and waited to walk down the stairs.

Its also evidenced that we had more fans in the fact that we were equally as loud when their fans were a lot more verbal.

They were seriously annoying though. Very immature. It was kind of funny when they booed the half time show because it was pretty dumb. I overall found it to be a fun an exciting atmosphere. I've never been to a sporting event divided like that, it was fun

Really? Pistons fans were that bad?

Well I take it you blocked out the entire brawl of 2004 because even the Bulls fans didn't cause that.

Fans from anywhere can be bad, but Chicago fans are in a league of their own when it comes to obnoxiousness and downright annoying behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Well I take it you blocked out the entire brawl of 2004 because even the Bulls fans didn't cause that.
    That was in Detroit, not Conseco. I thought the discussion was pertaining to how fans of opposing teams behaved in Conseco, not in their own arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Fans from anywhere can be bad, but Chicago fans are in a league of their own when it comes to obnoxiousness and downright annoying behavior.
    If you have ever been to a reds game in cincy even cubs fans can be annoying. That has changed some with the reds winning but for the cubs to never win anything they are horrible.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Peck does Grandma McRob sit to the section right of you and up? Cause if so, then yeah we go showered by them. My nephew got some beer on him.

Chicago: Where it's always 1985-1995.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    I'm gonna disagree with you on this. I'll go on record as saying the average Pacers fan is a better person than the average Bulls fan. I have no qualms with asserting that.
    Well that's a very strange, and obviously incorrect statement.

Needless firebomb removed

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Chicago: Where it's always 1985-1995.
    hahaha that comment is so true... all the kids i encounter at school all wear old school bulls jerseys and shirts... only a handful with "updated" fan gear wear rose... there fans suck and are obnoxious.

Kid in my auditing class was talking with his chicago buddy about game 3,

"Hey bro, have you been to conseco, where should I park?"

his friend said "ya there are parking lots for like 10 bucks across the street, conseco like isn't a real stadium dude, its horrible."

... i politely leaned over (wearing my 94-95 reggie throwback) and said "you guys really don't know what your talking about do you"

30. The Following User Says Thank You to wseward For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wseward View Post
    hahaha that comment is so true... all the kids i encounter at school all wear old school bulls jerseys and shirts... only a handful with "updated" fan gear wear rose... there fans suck and are obnoxious.

Kid in my auditing class was talking with his chicago buddy about game 3,

"Hey bro, have you been to conseco, where should I park?"

his friend said "ya there are parking lots for like 10 bucks across the street, conseco like isn't a real stadium dude, its horrible."

... i politely leaned over (wearing my 94-95 reggie throwback) and said "you guys really don't know what your talking about do you"
    Not a real stadium? What the hell does that even mean? And more importantly, how did that crotchsniffer get into college?

And this would accomplish what exactly? Start a thread in the appropriate forum if you want to bash IU football.

Vanderbilt is another.
    Oh hush up. It was a lighthearted comment. I love IU just as much as you but I think we can all admit that we have a horrendous football program.

And Vanderbilt has a better football program than IU..

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Oh hush up. It was a lighthearted comment. I love IU just as much as you but I think we can all admit that we have a horrendous football program.

And Vanderbilt has a better football program than IU..
    Wrong on Vanderbilt. They went 25 seasons between bowl appearances.

No need to trash IU with all of these Purdue *** holes on here.

Not a real stadium? What the hell does that even mean? And more importantly, how did that crotchsniffer get into college?
    Don't be so shocked at some of the people in college. Some of the least intelligent people I've ever met went to college.

A lot college education just means you had the time and money to spend memorizing and regurgitating information. Not really much of a sign of intelligence to me. Of course I'm not saying only stupid people go to college, either. Just that unintelligent people are everywhere, including college.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post: