Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IT TAKES CONSTANT WINNING IN INDY!

The Colts sellout every game because they've been going to the playoffs every year for the past, I don't know.

We've had 90%-100% of the Fieldhouse filled when we were going to the playoffs year after year.

We'll probably see 85%-90% filled next season.

Pretty much everyone loves basketball here in Indiana especially from the Pacers, but this is all new for everyone here and everyone is getting back onto the Pacers bandwagon. Next season will be much different from an attendance stand point.
    I love your optimism, this is your main claim about next year, is that attendance will be better. I'm with you, I hope you are right, that would be great. However, it's going to take more than what we've seen in this series against Chicago. Milwaukee thought the same thing last year about their team, they had attendance starting to shoot through the roof, but now... things have changed.

I'm with your guarantee, but ONLY if the Pacers start the season winning and keep winning. If we start out 9-11 next year, attendance will be the same and this series will be a distant, not so great, memory.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post

I dont' get it personally, I thought we Hoosiers love basketball. I certainly grew up loving basketball. I get that football is the popular game now. I've been to my fair share of Colts games and my gosh nothing in a football game compares to playoff game in the NBA. Infact I'm about done with football, I just doesn't hold my interested like basketball.
    Well, here's how it happened. The Pacers filled their team with "thugs" and many loyal fans were disgusted and vowed to never watch them again. This team is slowly drawing them back, but there are many that haven't watched them in 5 or 6 years, and have no idea that it's a young exciting team. As far as they know, it is still a team of "thugs." Does that help you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    Well, here's how it happened. The Pacers filled their team with "thugs" and many loyal fans were disgusted and vowed to never watch them again. This team is slowly drawing them back, but there are many that haven't watched them in 5 or 6 years, and have no idea that it's a young exciting team. As far as they know, it is still a team of "thugs." Does that help you get it?
    Yeah, get it. However, it's still a pretty stupid viewpoint by them if that's the case.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

i sat at the last row in the lower level and was surrounded by Bulls fans. The ones i were around were families with little kids so they were really respectful. I started feeling bad because i was crazy yelling (not @ them but i'm sure it was annoying to them :P) and cheering on the Pacers...but realized...I'm at Conseco Fieldhouse. Home of the Pacers. Imma yell and root for my home team as loud as i want to. If they wanna come here, they better tolerate my yelling. (but of course i kept my language appropriate to the youngins)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Yeah, get it. However, it's still a pretty stupid viewpoint by them if that's the case.
    I think it's more a lack of education or awareness. This is what I've seen when bringing up the Pacers with co-workers this season (and last season even). I think these playoffs will help greatly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolHand For This Useful Post:

I really don't want to call all Chicago fans bad fans since I'm a White Sox fan.

For the most part, they're pretty good these days.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    IT TAKES CONSTANT WINNING IN INDY!

The Colts sellout every game because they've been going to the playoffs every year for the past, I don't know.

We've had 90%-100% of the Fieldhouse filled when we were going to the playoffs year after year.

We'll probably see 85%-90% filled next season.

Pretty much everyone loves basketball here in Indiana especially from the Pacers, but this is all new for everyone here and everyone is getting back onto the Pacers bandwagon. Next season will be much different from an attendance stand point.
    I'm not sure everyone loves the Pacers. There's a ton of high school and college fans in the state, but many of those people HATE the NBA.

I've always thought Indianapolis was a terrible pro sports town. The Colts didn't start selling out consistently until they became Super Bowl contenders. When Peyton Manning retires, well, good luck seeing a Colts game if you live in the Indy area.

I think your first sentence is completely accurate. It's going to take consistent winning before you'll see the Pacers selling out consistently. Although I'm sure it won't be as bad as today.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    I'm not sure everyone loves the Pacers. There's a ton of high school and college fans in the state, but many of those people HATE the NBA.

I've always thought Indianapolis was a terrible pro sports town. The Colts didn't start selling out consistently until they became Super Bowl contenders. When Peyton Manning retires, well, good luck seeing a Colts game if you live in the Indy area.

I think your first sentence is completely accurate. It's going to take consistent winning before you'll see the Pacers selling out consistently. Although I'm sure it won't be as bad as today.
    i think it'll take a legitimate star to get the fans back. I mean, the fans do come out every once in awhile...but its when the star is on the other team...
    either that or some serious consistent winning

It just takes a winning tradition. A couple banners don't hurt. Look at IU basketball: terrible team for three years now, but Assembly Hall was absolutely rocking for quite a few games last year.

IU football on the other hand...

So, yes. Winning tradition. Banners.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Mood

I agree with Reggie, shame on them. As for the Pacers, everyone in the state of Indiana should be extremely proud of what they have accomplished. The Bulls have come in and done pretty much what everyone expected them to do in getting us down 3-0. Our Pacers have done what nobody thought they could in competing every night with the best team in the league. It may just be a moral victory, but I'll take it! This also goes to prove that it really isn't worth tanking as opposed to getting into the playoffs. Look at the intensity these young guys are playing with. What a great learning experience.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

I'm probably as mild-mannered as Uncle Buck, but I had a run-in with a Bulls fan myself in the lower level. The guy delivered a foul-laced diatribe while taking exception to the signs that my daughter and I were periodically holding up (yup, pro-Foster signs). This dork was several rows back. This was at the end of the first half. There were several kids in the area. I decided to go right up to this punk, who was sitting with 6 of his friends. I told him that I was going to see to it that he was thrown out of the building if he kept doing his thing. He asked why I thought security was going to throw him out. At that point I got fed up, and I told him "because you're a (insert nickname for Richard)" and made my way down the steps to a security guard. Before I could take two steps down, a guy on his way back up tells me he's already notified the usher. So, I go back to my seat, giving the guy the stinkeye, which provoked him even more, and made him an easy target for the security guard, who must have set him straight b/c i didn't hear a peep out of him or his friends after this.

Unfortunately we also had a bad pre-game experience. We went to Circle Center Mall for lunch and hung out there doing some window shopping before Conseco opened. There were tons of Bulls fans milling about there, and a throng approached us and when they passed, made a big deal of laughing about how they had finally bumped into some Pacers fans. I just looked back at them, and said "Really? Come on?" I wasn't in the mindset to confront anyone at the mall but wish I would have said something smart.

Anyway, my daughter had her Foster jersey on, and later on before we left the mall, some dorks behind her started talking some smack. No profanity, but it really upset her. She dished a little out, but not enough. I ended up pulling one of the guys aside, and they really weren't that bad. In fact, we sat in front of 2 of the nicest Bulls fans you'd want to meet, a dad and his pre-teen son. He had only nice things to say about the Pacers and Conseco.

I was also embarrassed by the crowd today. I mean it even sucked seeing the guys walk back to the locker room after winning in a sea of red.

Idk if anyone else noticed it, but you could see Danny motioning towards Pacers fans in the crowd in celebration, but Foster immediately motioned for the guys to get back to the locker room. He was pissed.

I guess I just feel all around ****ty about the whole thing. I'm glad we kept the series alive, but it still doesn't feel good being a Pacers fan today.

Alright, here's my story for the day.

Went to circle center before the game like usual just to look around and get some reasonably priced food (as opposed to Conseco) before the game. Was with the whole family including grandparents parents daughters cousins etc.

My niece had to use the restroom and the women had left her with us guys who were just eating lunch. I took her to the restroom and on the way bumped into some bulls fans. I had on just a Pacer sweatshirt and my niece had on a Danny Granger jersey.

The Bulls fans began some playful jabbing with me which I have no problem with. It's all part of the fun. But next the begin to literally berate my niece (who's 5 f***ing years old) about how bad Danny Granger was and, here's the best part, this is a quote "she would grow up to be a loser" for liking him.

Absolutely dirt trash human beings. These were 30 something year old grown men. I don't know if they were liquored up or what (still not an excuse) but to me that is intolerable. Say anything you want to me, but you do not ever say something to a 5 year old girl who did absolutely nothing to them. It was honestly a point where I felt threatened and that her safety was possibly at risk, so I simply picked her up, told them to f**k off, and continued on our way.

I'm beyond pissed off about that. Beyond belief. I won't try and generalize Bulls fans because I'm sure some were great. But to me that is an absolute dirtball of a human being. You came here to watch a basketball game, not berate other people, especially a 5 year old for wanting to support their team.

Good riddance Chicago. You disgust me.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

It takes a big man to berate a 5 year old girls. That's honestly the most pissed off I've been about the damn Bulls fans all day. You should have yelled out, "Don't you try to molest my niece you perverts!" as loud as you could.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

One more thing I want to add is that the Bulls were number one in attendance this year and The Pacers were last. The Bulls draw almost 9,000 more fans per game. I have Bulls fan friends who drove down for the game and I guarantee you that they were nothing but respectful. Sure they cheered for their team, but you won't read any stories about the thousands of Bulls fans who came down and weren't jerks. The combination of alcohol and sports fans is going to produce a certain amount of ********, and when there are that many of them rooting against the home team, it is going to get ugly. Let's just not pretend that Pacers fans are better people than Bulls fans.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    It just takes a winning tradition. A couple banners don't hurt. Look at IU basketball: terrible team for three years now, but Assembly Hall was absolutely rocking for quite a few games last year.

IU football on the other hand...

So, yes. Winning tradition. Banners.

Can we name three BCS conference football programs worse than IU? Big LEast doesn't count.

Duke is one. What else we got?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Shame some bad fans were ********.

No such thing as good fans and bad fan bases. I'm a Sox and Hawks fan and a Colts and Pacers fan. Am I an ******* half of the time and nice the other half? Are Bulls fans who are Sox fans only ******** while being Bulls fans? Or maybe I'm an *******? Bulls fans have called me ******* before while I've been decked out in Pacers gear at the UC, but if I'm an ******* to Bulls fans and they think I'm obnoxious are all Pacers fans obnoxious?
    People have a right to cheer for whatever team they choose. They weren't because they were Bulls fans. In fact, some of the Bulls fans near us were pretty cool. But there were some there, who just happened to be Bulls fans. There was one bad moment, to me, regarding some of our fans. I want to beat Chicago as much as anyone. That said, I hate, hate, hate whenever fans cheer someone getting hurt. Some cheered when Rose was injured, which never feels right to me. I understand it helping our chances to win, but being a fan shouldn't mean celebrating something like that, IMHO.

And I didn't really care for this quote from Herb Simon:

"We'll live with this," Pacers owner Herb Simon said. "At least they paid full price for the tickets."

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...yssey=nav|head

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    People have a right to cheer for whatever team they choose. They weren't because they were Bulls fans. In fact, some of the Bulls fans near us were pretty cool. But there were some there, who just happened to be Bulls fans. There was one bad moment, to me, regarding some of our fans. I want to beat Chicago as much as anyone. That said, I hate, hate, hate whenever fans cheer someone getting hurt. Some cheered when Rose was injured, which never feels right to me. I understand it helping our chances to win, but being a fan shouldn't mean celebrating something like that, IMHO.
    When Rose went down with the ankle sprain, I didn't cheer, although some around me did. But I understood the inclination to cheer. After all the Pacers effort and still being 0-3, I felt like the Pacers hadn't really gotten any breaks -- 21 foul shots for Rose in Game 1, the two close games in Chicago, Collison going down with his sprain, Foster retroactively assessed the flagrants, Conseco a sea of red -- all that. I felt like the Goddess Fortuna was conspiring against us.

I didn't feel like cheering because Rose was hurt. I felt more like, "At last, at last, some of the breaks are evening out. Hallelujah!" I felt like applauding for a more even playing field. I have to believe some of the others around me may have applauded for this reason too.

Like you, I never wish to see anyone hurt. Really, when you think about it, there's no glory in beating a team with its star down.
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 04-24-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Per a retweet from the usually conciliatory El Pacero:

"Grandma McRoberts got beer tossed on her by Bulls bums. ugly."

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

The Bulls fans sitting near us were all well behaved, and I actually enjoyed going back and forth with them about the game and series. In our section, everything was in good fun.

I'd prefer it to be all Pacers fans, but considering the circumstances, hoping for that is just not realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    The Bulls fans sitting near us were all well behaved, and I actually enjoyed going back and forth with them about the game and series. In our section, everything was in good fun.

I'd prefer it to be all Pacers fans, but considering the circumstances, hoping for that is just not realistic.

I am a former resident of Indy and a Pacer fan. I now live in Chicago. I watched the game on TV and I am embarrassed that so many Pacer fans must have sold their tickets to Bulls fans. On TV, it just looked like a sea of Red. It may as well have been at the UC. What is wrong with the fans back in Indy? Why would they betray their team and their city. My friends in Chicago laughed and laughed and I was embarrassed about my home town. This would not happen in most cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    One more thing I want to add is that the Bulls were number one in attendance this year and The Pacers were last. The Bulls draw almost 9,000 more fans per game. I have Bulls fan friends who drove down for the game and I guarantee you that they were nothing but respectful. Sure they cheered for their team, but you won't read any stories about the thousands of Bulls fans who came down and weren't jerks. The combination of alcohol and sports fans is going to produce a certain amount of ********, and when there are that many of them rooting against the home team, it is going to get ugly. Let's just not pretend that Pacers fans are better people than Bulls fans.
    I'm gonna disagree with you on this. I'll go on record as saying the average Pacers fan is a better person than the average Bulls fan. I have no qualms with asserting that.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Banta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoya View Post
    Per a retweet from the usually conciliatory El Pacero:

"Grandma McRoberts got beer tossed on her by Bulls bums. ugly."
    Yikes, good McBob (I assume) didn't see it when it happened. If it were me and I saw it, I would have pulled an Antonio Davis and would have been in the stands confronting that guy.