Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

Default One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

The title of this thread was a quote on the Pacers' facebook page. Sorry I don't have a link, I assume it was a quote from a local news source.

I was not at the game today, though if we somehow force a Game 6 I'm going to try like hell to fly out on Thursday.

But seeing the Bulls fans on TV... fandom is one thing, coming down for the game is fine if tix are available, cheering and even a bit of smack talk is all fair game. But even on TV I saw some Bulls fan behavior that I would have taken issue with had I been standing nearby in the stands.

Curious to hear from those of you lucky to attend the game. We can't have this type of disrespect on our home court. Next time we play Chicago in Conseco, whether on Thursday or next season, we need to make a statement as fans

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

You stay classy Chi-town.

But look at the bright side: we can put the ones who brought brooms with them to work! And save the taxpayers some money!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The title of this thread was a quote on the Pacers' facebook page. Sorry I don't have a link, I assume it was a quote from a local news source.

I was not at the game today, though if we somehow force a Game 6 I'm going to try like hell to fly out on Thursday.

But seeing the Bulls fans on TV... fandom is one thing, coming down for the game is fine if tix are available, cheering and even a bit of smack talk is all fair game. But even on TV I saw some Bulls fan behavior that I would have taken issue with had I been standing nearby in the stands.

Curious to hear from those of you lucky to attend the game. We can't have this type of disrespect on our home court. Next time we play Chicago in Conseco, whether on Thursday or next season, we need to make a statement as fans
    I was in Area 55, perched over the exit in 101. One Bulls guy looked up at me and yelled "Pacers suck!" I replied: "You're a real class act." He was giving me the finger and at that point an usher swept in and swept him away. No brooms were employed.

By and large I enjoyed the banter with the Bulls fans. There were a couple of exceptions (like the guy I mentioned), but most near Area 55 were just sitting in their seats watching. There were lots of warnings about what they'll do to us next game as they were leaving, but I just wished them a safe trip home.
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 04-23-2011 at 07:18 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

In other words, the sky is blue and grass is green.

Sickening, yes. But what do you expect from a pig but a grunt?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Story coming in from Rabjohns and retweeted by Wells on Twitter btw.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

I just don't get the arrogance. Up 3-1, sure, but the Bulls have been outplayed 13 out of 16 quarters in this series by a 37-win team. Nothing to brag about, is it really?

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

I just don't get the arrogance. Up 3-1, sure, but the Bulls have been outplayed 13 out of 16 quarters in this series by a 37-win team. Nothing to brag about, is it really?
    Bandwagoners. What can you expect?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I wish we could get some Pacer fans to invade the United Center on Tuesday. Respectably, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoya View Post
    I was in Area 55, perched over the exit in 101. One Bulls guy looked up at me and yelled "Pacers suck!" I replied: "You're a real class act." He was giving me the finger and at that point an usher swept in and swept him away. No brooms were employed.

By and large I enjoyed the banter with the Bulls fans. There were a couple of exceptions (like the guy I mentioned), but most near Area 55 were just sitting in their seats watching. There were lots of warnings about what they'll do to us next game as they were leaving, but I just wished them a safe trip home.
    lol. Maybe the Pacers do suck, but the sucky Pacers sure took it to the Bulls today

If I'm a Bulls fan, I'm really, really worried. Their idols certainly have feet of clay. Boozer's a loud, stupid, disappearing act. Noah's pretty one-dimensional and Rose can be managed. Koerver's scary, but aside from him and Rose, where's their scoring?

In this series, they haven't looked very awesome to me. And hey, it ain't quite over yet either.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

A little to the left of my seat in area 55 was a bunch of bulls fans. A LOT of playful banter was going on and it was all good and fun. I loved it.
    DG for 3

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If I'm a Bulls fan, I'm really, really worried. Their idols certainly have feet of clay. Boozer's a loud, stupid, disappearing act. Noah's pretty one-dimensional and Rose can be managed. Koerver's scary, but aside from him and Rose, where's their scoring?

In this series, they haven't looked very awesome to me. And hey, it ain't quite over yet either.
    I've said this before but I guess it bears repeating:

Even if we can't do it ourselves, we've shown the NBA the blueprint on how to sweep them. Not just take the series, but sweep them.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

WOW.. that's just crazyness.
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    I've said this before but I guess it bears repeating:

Even if we can't do it ourselves, we've shown the NBA the blueprint on how to sweep them. Not just take the series, but sweep them.
    I have my doubts that they would be able to beat Orlando in under 6 should both teams advance to the next round.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

26. The Following User Says Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

I know I don't live in Indiana, but this is unbelievably sad as a Pacers fan.

These pigs can destroy the United Center and make it look like a dump and just call it an arena, but Conseco Fieldhouse is home for us fans who attend games either the whole season or a few times out of the season.

The Fieldhouse is a great place and it's not really even like an arena.

See people who don't understand and do something like this is like going to a friend's friend's house who you really don't know and destroying it.

I'm officially convinced that Chicago fans are the worst fans out there.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

It is sad that these d-bags that call themselves "fans" only come to games for great players like Rose/Jordan. I guess it is just the natural bi-product of superstars.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonHunter1105 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I know I don't live in Indiana, but this is unbelievably sad as a Pacers fan.

These pigs can destroy the United Center and make it look like a dump and just call it an arena, but Conseco Fieldhouse is home for us fans who attend games either the whole season or a few times out of the season.

The Fieldhouse is a great place and it's not really even like an arena.

See people who don't understand and do something like this is like going to a friend's friend's house who you really don't know and destroying it.

I'm officially convinced that Chicago fans are the worst fans out there.
    I wouldn't say they destroyed Conseco (not the United Center) and the analogy doesn't work but their behavior is disgusting regardless. I hope more than one fan ends up being arrested but they have probably all scurried back to Chicago like cockroaches.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 04-23-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is the front runners that are unbearable. The bulls fans were much less numerous and arrogant just a few years ago.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter1105 View Post
    It is sad that these d-bags that call themselves "fans" only come to games for great players like Rose/Jordan. I guess it is just the natural bi-product of superstars.
    Rose wasn't so great today. 6-22 1-9 3pts 2-4 FTs. Had 10 assists and 4 steals but also had 3 turnovers. We did a very good job on the second coming of Michael Jordan.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    I wouldn't say they destroyed Conseco (not the United Center) but their behavior is disgusting regardless. I hope more than one fan ends up being arrested but they have probably all scurried back to Chicago like cockroaches.
    I don't know why it was this many people to cause this much havac in another team's arena.

I'm sure if we'd play Miami or Boston, their bandwagon fans would come out, but I'm sure they're from Indy and probably Pacers fans at one point and wouldn't act like animals.

There probably wouldn't even be as many of them.

Bulls fans have only returned to the bandwagon since D Rose has taken over. They need something to keep their minds off of the Cubs......again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I don't know why it was this many people to cause this much havac in another team's arena.

I'm sure if we'd play Miami or Boston, their bandwagon fans would come out, but I'm sure they're from Indy and probably Pacers fans at one point and wouldn't act like animals.

There probably wouldn't even be as many of them.
    Actually, hat's off to the well-behaved fans from Chicago (and most of them were). I can't fault the loyalty in driving 3 hours to see their team. In the Parking Lot where we PTO the cars mostly had plates from Illinois and the Region. I think their ride home will be less fun than their ride down though.

I wish I could afford a United Center ticket. Our ticket affordability probably enabled a lot of Bulls people their only opportunity to see a playoff game.

Indy's gotta start getting behind the Pacers more. What's not to love? I don't get our local apathy.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

On the subject of Bulls fans in Conseco, I really enjoyed this tweet from Reggie.

Actually, hat's off to the well-behaved fans from Chicago (and most of them were). I can't fault the loyalty in driving 3 hours to see their team. In the Parking Lot where we PTO the cars mostly had plates from Illinois and the Region. I think their ride home will be less fun than their ride down though.

I wish I could afford a United Center ticket. Our ticket affordability probably enabled a lot of Bulls people their only opportunity to see a playoff game.

Indy's gotta start getting behind the Pacers more. What's not to love?
    I definitely think ticket prices played a huge role in it. 200 and 300 level tickets for the United Center were coming with $200+ asking prices. For our games the highest asking prices I was seeing were in the $130 range. For a family of four that's about a $300 difference, even with 2 people it's still sizable.

Can't fault the loyalty either. What everyone has to keep in mind is that the idiot Bulls fans are the vocal minority, and I think any franchise that's winning is going to have that sort of riff raff come out. 20 bulls fans get thrown out, but there probably a minimum of 4,000 in that building. Most of them probably kept it classy, but the rest can die in a fire.
    Last edited by smj887; 04-23-2011 at 07:59 PM.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to smj887 For This Useful Post: