Thread: Interesting perspective on Rose and his play in this series

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Interesting perspective on Rose and his play in this series

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1586

BULLS FAN in CHI TOWN:
    Why is DRose getting a pass for playing so terrible these first 3 games? I get he's been clutch but we wouldnt be in the predicament if he would shoot better then 38% from the field. Love his game but he needs to step it up or were done.

Alex Kennedy:On Tuesday, I wrote about how the Bulls have been underwhelming and I got blasted by fans in Chicago because they're winning. While I've been impressed with the way they've handled adversity, I completely agree with you and I'm glad at least one fan is able to take off the Rose colored glasses (see what I did there?). Chicago shouldn't be struggling this much against an eighth seeded Pacers team that struggled for much of the year. Even if they get swept, they've somewhat exposed the Bulls. They have successfully rattled Carlos Boozer, contained Derrick Rose by putting a long, athletic defender on him and are providing plenty of film for other teams in the East. Derrick is an excellent player, but as you mentioned, he needs to step up in more than just the final minutes if the Bulls want to have a shot in later rounds.
    More on PG

Cain in New Zealand:Paul George isn't hitting his shots but looks like an absolute stud, can he be the next Pacers All-Star? When do you think he will break-out offensively?

Alex Kennedy:I've always been a big Paul George fan. When I first met him during the Orlando Summer League, I wrote in one of these chats that the athleticism and potential were there, and he just needed time to develop. In this series, he has emerged as a stud and he's making plays on the defensive end. I don't think anyone would have predicted that he would just about lead all players in blocks this postseason. He's able to impact games with his athleticism and length and he has a very high ceiling. As you said, his jumper still needs work, but he's only 20 years old so he has plenty of time to improve that aspect of his game. I'm not ready to predict that he'll be an All-Star, but he's certainly a talented player who should round out his game in the next few years.
    Last edited by 90'sNBARocked; 04-22-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    Sittin on top of the world!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Interesting perspective on Rose and his play in this series

Wow, didn't even notice that. George is averaging 2.67 blocks per game from the SG position. Nuts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Yeah, but as the commentator mentions if George isn't knocking down his shot (or passing up shots which he did alot in Game 3). Love his on-the-ball defense, but he has to get his confidence back in his overall game. And them means putting the ball in the basket as well as playing strong defense.

Overall, a definite keeper!

It's hard to see the Bulls winning the title with Rose shooting these percentages against an average defensive team like the Pacers. Once they play the Heat, Celtics, Lakers or Thunder I can't imagine the "Clear out for Rose every time" offense will work.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, didn't even notice that. George is averaging 2.67 blocks per game from the SG position. Nuts.
    yeah, he's been doing a real nice job of secondary shotblocking. especially getting back on the break. both paul and danny have done a lot of helping out with the job of protecting the rim.

nice to be young with hops.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Its funny because Thibbs said Rose had 34 and 36 in games 1 and 2 but failed tom mention his turnovers and putrid shoting percentage
    Sittin on top of the world!

I think George has been outstanding defensively. When you see Rose in person you realize how quick and strong he is, almost impossible to guard.

It is a matter of time before his offense catches up to his defense. I mean another year or two

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I think George has been outstanding defensively. When you see Rose in person you realize how quick and strong he is, almost impossible to guard.

It is a matter of time before his offense catches up to his defense. I mean another year or two
    It's really really exciting to watch this kid play right now. You just get the sense that he's going to be special.

The kid has an overabundance of talent and athleticism, a fantastic work ethic, seems to be pretty bright, and has a willingness to take the last shot of the game.

Right now he's just raw.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Agreed. I'm not really worried about his offense. We can see is there. He just needs to put it all together. Nothing is wrong with his form. He needs to clean up his ball handling, but I feel that it really is just a matter of time before it all clicks.

Sports Logo

I guess we have the luxury of waiting for a year or two....but do you think that having Granger could hinder his development on the offensive end?

Think the way that having Artest in the lineup with Granger developing a few years back.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I guess we have the luxury of waiting for a year or two....but do you think that having Granger could hinder his development on the offensive end?

Think the way that having Artest in the lineup with Granger developing a few years back.
    Not really. Despite what some people think, Danny isn't a selfish, ego based player. Artest was playing ahead of Granger, George will be playing with Granger.

When you see Rose in person you realize how quick and strong he is, almost impossible to guard.
    it comes through pretty good on tv too

George also pulled 12 boards down last game. I think hes averaging 2 or 3 steals a game also. He's probably been the best defensive player in the playoffs so far

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    George also pulled 12 boards down last game. I think hes averaging 2 or 3 steals a game also. He's probably been the best defensive player in the playoffs so far
    Probably? I doubt there is even a debate.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Derrick Rose looks like a pinhead.

Sorry I had to say something mean about him because he's mean to us.

I said enough already about their stupid fans who are mean to us fans.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    It's hard to see the Bulls winning the title with Rose shooting these percentages against an average defensive team like the Pacers. Once they play the Heat, Celtics, Lakers or Thunder I can't imagine the "Clear out for Rose every time" offense will work.
    Thing is, the Pacers have played great defense, especially in Game 3 (other than getting out to the hot shooters). We've given the other high seeds the formula for stopping Rose and the Bulls (Granted, other teams trapped Rose during the regular season.). I think we've played as good a defense as those other teams will. However, I can't wait to see what Lebron guarding Rose at the end of a playoff game looks like.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Thing is, the Pacers have played great defense, especially in Game 3 (other than getting out to the hot shooters). We've given the other high seeds the formula for stopping Rose and the Bulls (Granted, other teams trapped Rose during the regular season.). I think we've played as good a defense as those other teams will. However, I can't wait to see what Lebron guarding Rose at the end of a playoff game looks like.
    We've played far better defense on Rose than I thought we could. I'm more curious to see how he plays against a team with a strong second defensive line like the Celtics, Heat and Lakers with shot blockers who can rotate over and keep position. As much as I like Roy and Tyler, they're not great weak side shot blockers like KG, LeBron or Bynum.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post: