Thread: Support for Vogel

Default Support for Vogel

A few days ago, I suggested chanting "Bring Frank Back" during Game 4 to show support for bringing Vogel back next year. I think I'm going to make a sign to bring along to the game that also echoes those sentiments. I think the guy has done a fantastic job during the season and in this playoff series. I look at it this way: I'd rather play 4 closely contested games and lose them all, than win 1 game and lose the others by blowouts. The 4 close games are all baby steps toward a bigger goal. But this is about Vogel.

One of the marks of a great coach is the ability to make the most out of what you have to work with. Is there any reason to believe that Frank has not done this? Frank has kept us in every game this series against a #1 seed. He has learned a lot on the fly and has played an excellent chess game, making adjustments and readjustments, against a viable COY candidate coaching across from him with superior talent at his disposal. Think of what he could do with a full training camp and some more talent.

I would encourage those who feel similarly to figure out a way to get your point across in Game 4, since it's likely that there will not be a Game 6.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Support for Vogel

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few days ago, I suggested chanting "Bring Frank Back" during Game 4 to show support for bringing Vogel back next year. I think I'm going to make a sign to bring along to the game that also echoes those sentiments. I think the guy has done a fantastic job during the season and in this playoff series. I look at it this way: I'd rather play 4 closely contested games and lose them all, than win 1 game and lose the others by blowouts. The 4 close games are all baby steps toward a bigger goal. But this is about Vogel.

One of the marks of a great coach is the ability to make the most out of what you have to work with. Is there any reason to believe that Frank has not done this? Frank has kept us in every game this series against a #1 seed. He has learned a lot on the fly and has played an excellent chess game, making adjustments and readjustments, against a viable COY candidate coaching across from him with superior talent at his disposal. Think of what he could do with a full training camp and some more talent.

I would encourage those who feel similarly to figure out a way to get your point across in Game 4, since it's likely that there will not be a Game 6.
    I have been saying this as well.

Frank is only going to get better with time, and he is the man for the job.

If we don't make him the coach, I think we will extremely regret it someday.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KingGeorge For This Useful Post:

appears to be a good, great, administrative presence. with the correct supporting-coaching staff-cast it could work.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bring Frank Back
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

I would like him back, unless a top 10 proven coach is out there knocking down our door.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MTM For This Useful Post:

Well, we have Adelman available.... a successful guy with a great track record, but he is 65. I was hoping for a coach we could grow with and grow old with, preferably avoiding the coaching hiring carousel every 3 years as we have grown accustomed to.

Of course there is Mike Brown, who had a superstar with at least a half way decent supporting cast around him. Did he get the most out of what he had? I guess I can't say one way or the other. But in my mind, Frank has indeed gotten the most out of the players he's had, without a lot of the things this season that other coaches have taken for granted.

Frank is not likely to demand a big dollar, long-term contract. Don't see any problem with a 3 year deal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we don't bring Frank Vogel back, I will be extremely upset with our front office. The way I see it, if Bird comes back then he'll offer Frank the job full-time. If someone else comes in and takes Bird's spot, then it's up in the air if Frank will be brought back.
    Grown Man Ball

That will be a big mistake if he's not back.

He's the perfect coach for a young team like this and he understands and seems like a great person you talk with and of course a great coach.

He seems pretty close with the assistants, but he might go another way that with what the idiot went with. Hopefully he brings in a former head coach like Eddie Jordan, Bob Hill, etc.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

I'm on the fence. I don't care if I get bashed about it. I think there are just as many good things as there are bad. But right now. I support him 100%. I just feel like this team needs a vet coach who can mold the young guys into something special. I don't know if Frank is that guy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

RWB

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    I'm on the fence. I don't care if I get bashed about it. I think there are just as many good things as there are bad. But right now. I support him 100%. I just feel like this team needs a vet coach who can mold the young guys into something special. I don't know if Frank is that guy.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry I still have it in my mind from last night.

I feel he's the right guy for this team.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    I'm not going to bash you for having a contrasting point of view, but it's not like you have mentioned the many bad things that you imply. And if you support him 100% now, doesn't that mean anything? Who else is out there that doesn't represent a gamble in some way? Adelman is old, and Brown is unproven without a superstar, and it can be argued that as a head coach, he did little in terms of helping anyone grow with the Cavs. What would make you come off the fence?

I don't see a problem with at least weighing the other options that may be available.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

RWB

I would love for there to be many signs and a chant for Frank tomorrow.. for those going (i live in georgia and was HOPING to make it up for game 6)...Make it happen!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to threein73 For This Useful Post:

I'm not sold on Frank like some of you. Just because he's above JOB, doesn't mean their aren't better options. Granted, I've really only been able to see the playoffs, but I still see some errors. Not calling timely TOs, leaving the second unit in for too long, end of game execution (do they not practice this stuff??).

edit: and not just end of the game, just the end of quarters. I always see an ISO, and it typically ended in a not shot, TO, or a bad shot.

I have no clue if he's a defensive coach or offensive. I'm leaning towards defense cause our team still looks completely lost on offense half the time.

Whoever the next coach is, I do hope they match the defense and offense to the players that we have instead of force feeding *****.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 04-22-2011 at 02:25 PM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd still interview other candidates, but most likely give the job to Vogel.

Ohh this is gonna be good PacerPassion55's Avatar
    Mood

i would love to have vogel back. kind of like what joeyd said, to have a young coach for our young players to grow with. i believe it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPassion55 View Post
    i would love to have vogel back. kind of like what joeyd said, to have a young coach for our young players to grow with. i believe it will work.
    Not only do I agree with what you said, think about how this team could grwo together with the samw system for years to come. There really is not a coaching candidate who thrills me at all. Who knows if Mike Brown can coach? Adelman is old enough to only count on him for maybe 3 years or so. Frank could be the Pacer coach for the next 10+ years. Not only that, he will come cheaper than the other guys will. Lock him up!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post: