Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official INDIANA FEVER 2011-2012 season thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official INDIANA FEVER 2011-2012 season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never saw her play in college, just saw her recently. She's fearless with her passing. Which is atypical with female players.

She didn't get the credit she deserved because WCBB is very "elitist" and Gonzaga is not an "elite" school. Between Maya and Griner..and then Diggins..it was going to be hard for her to get recognition anyway.
    She isn't putting up great numbers in Chicago which puzzles me she has a lot of talent to play with. Elizabeth Cambage she is the real deal might win rookie of the year over Maya.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    She isn't putting up great numbers in Chicago which puzzles me she has a lot of talent to play with. Elizabeth Cambage she is the real deal might win rookie of the year over Maya.
    She plays with Epiphany Prince, who is a very ball dominant two guard. She doesn't have the ball in her hands as much as she used to.

I think they'd be better if they split it up a bit, honestly.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

TIE BALL GAME BABY!
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love our girls.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was serious when I said Pohlen was quickly becoming a new fav for me.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    You mean diana taurasi and cappie pondexter?
    Honestly, that was like sticking Jordan and Kobe on the same team..and then add Penny Taylor...sheesh..(Actually, that was pretty much the WNBA equivalent of having Jordan, Kobe, and Manu on the same team...)

Great win for the Fever tonight, Catch and Douglas are a fantastic duo in their own right. I always think, no matter what league, you usually need three great players, and the Fever only have two. But they've been able to get some quality wins. Douglas has been awesome, good to see her back. With the Lynx, they are almost too talented, and I'm not sure they have a "killer." As much as every Uconn fan loved Moore, I was never sure she had that, and I'm still not sure. Plus, she's a rookie. The rest of the team are essentially incredibly talented players that haven't won in college or the pros. (Except Brunson) So as much talent as they have, I'm not sure that all the pieces fit, or that they'll end up winning the championship.
    Last edited by Sookie; 06-26-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Anyone know where I can find ESPN3 on DirecTV? I was looking at the Fever's schedule for nationally televised games and noticed they list several games to be broadcasted on ESPN3. I have DirecTV and was looking over both their Choice Packages and their Sports Package and couldn't find ESPN3 among them.

I was wondering if anyone else was having this same problem? I'd really like to see more Fever games this year, but if DirecTV doesn't carry ESPN3, I'm reduced to waiting until a game comes on NBA-TV, ESPN or ESPN2. (Frankly, I'd never heard of ESPN3; ESPN2, ESPN-U or ESPN-Classic, but not ESPN3. Typo perhaps?)

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    Anyone know where I can find ESPN3 on DirecTV? I was looking at the Fever's schedule for nationally televised games and noticed they list several games to be broadcasted on ESPN3. I have DirecTV and was looking over both their Choice Packages and their Sports Package and couldn't find ESPN3 among them.

I was wondering if anyone else was having this same problem? I'd really like to see more Fever games this year, but if DirecTV doesn't carry ESPN3, I'm reduced to waiting until a game comes on NBA-TV, ESPN or ESPN2. (Frankly, I'd never heard of ESPN3; ESPN2, ESPN-U or ESPN-Classic, but not ESPN3. Typo perhaps?)
    ESPN 3 is an online stream. Depending on your cable carrier you can get it for free. Just do a google search for it, and it'll come up. (It used to be ESPN 360)

Ah! Thanks, Sookie. Much appreciate it. Not sure if I want to sit in front of my computer screen to watch a game unless it's a good network feed, but I'll give it a shot atleast once.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    Ah! Thanks, Sookie. Much appreciate it. Not sure if I want to sit in front of my computer screen to watch a game unless it's a good network feed, but I'll give it a shot atleast once.
    http://espn.go.com/espn3/index

starts at 7pm

Mood

Davenport and Douglas had great games tonight.

I wouldn't call our offense fluid, but we sure do go on some great runs. That, combined with our defense, has keep us looking pretty good.

I love beating Phoenix!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Sports Logo

Hope January's injury isn't anything serious. It's good to at least have a week off before our next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    Hope January's injury isn't anything serious. It's good to at least have a week off before our next game.
    The way she held her knee..I didn't see it. Unfortunately, I've watched so much women's basketball I can usually tell if it's a torn ACL, but as I said..I missed it. But the way she held her knee..I hope it's just an MCL.

Damn at Parker and January in the same week..

Mood

Commentator did say she knocked knees with someone...hoping it's just a bruise.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

We'll know soon. MRI scheduled for today. I don't know what we'll do if we lose her for an extended period of time. Bobbit? Phillips? I'm against disrupting Katie's rhythm by placing more point duties on her. Kinda missing Tully a little bit right now...

Dreaded 3 letter word in women's basketball, poor thing, hope she has a healthy recovery

http://www.wnba.com/fever/news/brian..._for_2011.html

She didn't have one until she was older, so she's likely to not be a player who has another ACL injury, so long as she recovers well.

I'm hoping they figure out what causes this soon. (Lots of theories for why it's different with women than men, and what types of things cause it.)

Sports Logo

This is heartbreaking. She was on her way to a breakout season. I'll miss her, and I hope she recovers 100%.

Mood

Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

It did look like she was ready to take the next step this season.

We're probably going to see Katie handling a lot of point but I agree, that won't be good for her shooting rhythm. Bobbit is too small to take over starting duties and Phillips...I don't know, is she ready? I doubt it.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are the Fever catching the Pacers' PG curse? Really wish we wouldn't have let Tully go, now - while I really like Bobbit as a sparkplug I don't think she'll be good in extended minutes, and I don't think Erin is up to the task.

Good thoughts for Bri and hope she makes a full recovery!
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

Yeah this really sucks, any word on if we are trying to sign anyone... Wonder if Tamika can just play the point forward at times.
    Why so SERIOUS

I miss Tully even more now.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Mood

I'm not sure if Tully would help all that much in this situation. Seems to me that she is clearly at that point where veteran savvy can no longer make up for the fast deterioration in skill-set due to age. Would she be better than what we are left with now? Probably, unless Phillips surprises me. But is she head and shoulders above at this point? I'm not at all sure.

Mood

Well, it's only one game but Erin did surprise me - she ran the point quite a bit better than I expected her to. This should be interesting.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anybody know if the Fever are on the radio on game days?
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    Anybody know if the Fever are on the radio on game days?
    I watch the games online through the free league pass on the WNBA website. It's a pretty high quality feed if you're able to be online.

The ads say the game is on...I think it's 1070 The Fan.