Thread: why take out paul george?

Default why take out paul george?

can someone explain why vogel took PG off Rose on the final play? and why granger was AFRAID to jump in the lane and take a charge on rose? then on the final play what happens? we put in dunleavy! WHY!~? you can't tell me you felt better about him taking that final look after granger had he passed it up. I am so pissed at granger for forcing that last shot...can't wait til we trade him...that is all. Now let's just not get swept...
    Keep believing...

Default Re: why take out paul george?

I thought it was the right move. DJ was guarding him better off of picks. Plus Korver has killed us.

George on Rose, Rush on Korver is your best bet in my opinion (in that specific situation).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GizzyStardust For This Useful Post:

LOL, you gonna have Granger leave the outside shooter? Plain and simple DJ got out of position on that last play just slightly and gave up too much of an angle to drive. Rose took advantage and Hibbert couldn't get back to challenge the shot at the rim.

You say Danny Granger took a terrible shot, but in my opinion he earned the right to take that shot because he tied it up for us on the previous 2 possessions, he made really tough shots there. Granger certainly stepped it up for us in the final minute, just didn't get the best look to win the game.

Your ire should be directed at Hibbert and Hansbrough who gave us nothing for most of the second half.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is this thread serious? While I agree that George should have been on Rose, I really thought Hibbert was gonna get the block on Rose. But I think Georges length bothered Rose more than Jones did.

And on the last shot you definitely want Dun in. He is one of the best shooters on the team and he is one of the best offensive players we have. He makes great passes and works off screens well. He has to be in there.

What did you want Granger to do? We had to shoot.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

George should've been on Rose. I don't know what happened, age or a knee injury, but Jones doesn't have the lateral quickness he once had...and that was as plain as day even before this game.

go to the basket maybe???? then if the d collapses kick for an open 3? nah. He just had to just run over picks til he got a look...great team ball...
    Keep believing...

Quote Originally Posted by WhatCouldHaveBeen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    go to the basket maybe???? then if the d collapses kick for an open 3? nah. He just had to just run over picks til he got a look...great team ball...
    How do you go to the basket when you are double and triple teamed (and you teammates don't really bail you out)? Just wondering?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am so pissed at granger for forcing that last shot...can't wait til we trade him...that is all. Now let's just not get swept...
    You do understand, the only reason we stayed in this game in the last 5 mins is because of Granger right?

He shot 4-5 in the last 5 mins. Just saying. In the words of NBA JAM, "He was on fire!"
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Mood

can someone explain why vogel took PG off Rose on the final play? and why granger was AFRAID to jump in the lane and take a charge on rose? then on the final play what happens? we put in dunleavy! WHY!~? you can't tell me you felt better about him taking that final look after granger had he passed it up. I am so pissed at granger for forcing that last shot...can't wait til we trade him...that is all. Now let's just not get swept...
    You do relize that was a designed play at the end. If it is anyones falut it would be DC's for not starting the play in time to let Granger drive once he got the rock.

Sports Logo

You're pissed at Danny for getting the ball with 3 seconds to go, and pull up for a shot?
    That's bad basketball logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Undefeated

I was more upset with the play design than with Danny's shot. He basically had to take it at that point. But why put in Dunleavy as another shooter if we're not going to run a play that allowed for any other options? We didn't try and create a shot, and that wasn't Danny's fault.
    Danger Zone

We needed to get to the rim. Jones was playing well. Jones should of been in and should of been option 2. Jones can get to the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    How do you go to the basket when you are double and triple teamed (and you teammates don't really bail you out)? Just wondering?
    Granger should just have magically split the defenders and drove to the basket. Who cares if he is double and tripled team because nobody else was going to step up there.

The criticism of Granger on this is insane. Without him in that fourth quarter we are not even close to worry about a last second shot.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Danny earned the right to that last shot, but even so he HAD to shoot the shot when he got the ball, to say otherwise is ludicrous. It was bad execution BEFORE he got the ball that led to the tough shot, and even so the rest of our team played like garbage offensively. Without danny stepping up big time in the fourth we lose by 10 plus.