Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thoughts about the crowd, not game thoughts...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Thoughts about the crowd, not game thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdHardTruth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys need some thicker skin, seriously.
    Completely wrong. Just because this is a sporting event where beer is sold, that doesn't give anyone the right to check their manners at the door. Home fans, away fans, it doesn't matter. You are still in public, act like human beings. Would you walk down the street and tell people something they like sucks, or their city sucks, or tell them to go f*** themselves? No, so why do people think it's acceptable once they're inside?

It's so rare to find decency anymore, and this idiot mob mentality is a huge problem.

I wore a Cubs jersey to a SF Giants game last season, and the fans were totally classy and treated me really well. I got a couple jabs about how they haven't won in 100 years or whatever, but it was always with a smile so I knew they were just messing around. I never felt unwanted and I will go back and spend my money at AT&T Park as often as I can because the fans treat people with respect, it's a great place to watch a game, and I don't have to sit and listen to drunk douchebags tell me that the Cubs are this or that.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli View Post
    Peck I actually agree with you about Knicks fans as a whole and probably shouldn't have included them with TRULY AWFUL Pistons fans. I think my memory is tainted by a certain group of fans that we sat around during one of the infamous clashes of the 90's. They spent the whole series riding Reggie about the fire at his house and the drunker they got the worse the comments got.....up to the point of wishing Reggie and his Mom, amongst others, had died in the fire. It wasn't just 2 guys either...it was a group of probably 12-15. But you are right.....having spent time in New York, I can vouch for the fact that New Yorkers know their ****.
    I can't really speak about Knicks fans since I have never been to a game, but I've been to NYC a bunch of times, both to sporting events and just to hang out and see the city, and have never met anyone in the city who was anything less than kind and helpful. I have had so many New Yorkers go out of their way to help me out in any way they could that I would feel bad propagating the rumor that New Yorkers are bad people.

The NBA, it's FANtastic !
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Knucklehead Warrior For This Useful Post:

After the game 3, i was leaving thru the Pennsylvania St exit and waved my pacers foam finger in front of a RTV6 camera. The news guy stopped me and asked if i could answer some questions which i said of course! I was on camera answering what i felt about the game and surely not even 5 seconds into me speaking, Chicago fans bullrushed the interview, started pushing from behind chanting bulls, and got in between me and the camera...Lets just say i don't think they used the interview. Once the bulls fans hijacked it, the camera man put his camera down lol

F U bulls fans! i coulda been on the news!! :P

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    After the game 3, i was leaving thru the Pennsylvania St exit and waved my pacers foam finger in front of a RTV6 camera. The news guy stopped me and asked if i could answer some questions which i said of course! I was on camera answering what i felt about the game and surely not even 5 seconds into me speaking, Chicago fans bullrushed the interview, started pushing from behind chanting bulls, and got in between me and the camera...Lets just say i don't think they used the interview. Once the bulls fans hijacked it, the camera man put his camera down lol

F U bulls fans! i coulda been on the news!! :P
    Bulls fans just suck. They are class-less and make me hate the Bulls even more than I thought was possible lol. I wanted so bad to win Thursday to give Pacers fans something to talk about.

I am completely embarrassed watching this game from Ohio finishing up school and seeing the amount of red in the fieldhouse. Come on Indiana you have to represent this team better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdHardTruth View Post
    You guys need some thicker skin, seriously.
    Really?

Does my 11 year old son need thicker skin too when a bunch of drunk idiot Bulls fans are dropping F bombs in front of him the whole game?

I have been a Pacers season ticket holder for over 18 years and not once did I feel like I was about to get into a fist fight at a game like I did today.

Never have I seen or heard more obnoxious, classless and clueless people in my life. Go back to Chicago creeps, and stay there.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geistC6 For This Useful Post:

Welcome to PD.....geistC6
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....