Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about the crowd, not game thoughts...

Banned

Default Re: Thoughts about the crowd, not game thoughts...

You guys need some thicker skin, seriously.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the ushers are unwilling to enforce the rules, it lies on the fans to get the opposing team fans to shut up or leave.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Just how are you going to do that? Ultimately it will not only make the situation worse, it will hurt everyone when the crackdowns on the fans start flying.

If the ushers won't do something, go to the next level up. Ask the usher if uyou can speak with theur supervisor, and keep going if needed.

The answer is to be MORE well-behaved than the asshats.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I am happy to chill out with and engage with the fans of an opposing team, but I also expect them to respect that they are in our building. Just like you would respect someone's home if you were invited to dinner.
    This is important as well, I don't want anyone to think I advocate letting visiting fans do whatever they want. Respect is a two-way street.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdHardTruth View Post
    Bull****. This isn't about hurt feelings or oversensitivity. It's about being disrespected in our house, it's about not being able to enjoy the game we paid to come see, and in some cases there are idiots who are a physical threat. Let alone if you come with a spouse or children.

Do you think Gnome, Seth, or their wives acted like this in OKC, Dallas, or Houston? No. Why? Because the know how to act like adults.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    While I understand what you are saying I am going to disagree about N.Y. fans.

For the most part all of the ones I have dealt with over the years were great fans and knew the game.

In fact one of the best playoff game I have ever been to I sat next to a Knicks fan and he & I talked about basektball and players the entire game sharing our opinions. It was a blast, well we won that game so that helped.

This guy was a gentleman 100% through & through. Never once talked trash, never once cursed. When his team lost he said "Hopefully next time" and we parted ways.

As I'm leaving MSA I decide to stop in the bathroom. Much to my horror there is this N.Y. fan laying on the floor with this idiot drunken Pacer fan standing over him. For wearing his N.Y. shirt the drunkard decided that he should hit him from behind. I did what I could to get him out of there but it took several security people & eventually Police to clear the bathroom.

Idiots come in all shapes and sizes.

However Bulls fans do hold a special place in the rankings of idiots. In some way's they almost can't help themselves because as a team they have a really weird history.

They usually are nothing, often times less than nothing, then all of a sudden they have one of the best players of all time. Greatness for slightly over a decade and then nothingness again. Then they get another of the the great players and they are back up again.

Their fans only really know greatness & sucking, it's almost like there is never a building phase for them.

Pacer fans have never had a great player, we have always had to build and frankly have never been to the top.

Our fans are a little more used to humility than what they are.

I used to have a test back in the day to determine who was a real Bulls fan and who was a front running Jordan Jock sniffer. If they couldn't tell me who the "A-train" was then I knew they were just followers of his airness.

I need to come up with something new for them. Maybe something about Bill Winnington.
    Agreed with Knicks fans. I was really young when that rivalry was going on, but I remember going to one of the playoff games with my Dad and sitting by this guy from NYC that had come to the game. He knew the game and generally a good guy to be around. There was also plenty of good natured ribbing going around. Some drunk idiot tried to approach the guy and bother him and my Dad, an avowed Knicks hater and Pacers fan, quickly alerted the usher and got the guy thrown out.

Again, if you give respect you will get respect.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thibodeau View Post
    I was the bulls fan who "threw" the shirt. Actually I didn't do anything, rather I was singled out by a bunch of unhappy, trashy drunk Pacers fans. I have never been to any sporting events that was so unprofessional as the game was tonight. The security was a complete joke. I was forced to miss the end of a Bulls win, yet again, because a crowd decided I should go. They ran out of beer on the balcony and I was forced to wait for the entire 2nd quarter to get one. I will never go to another Indianapolis sporting event in fear that they may be as terrible as this. The Pacers fans were complete idiots and instigated all the Bulls fans near me. Sorry that you live in a small market and your team is irrelevant. Also, to all those who are unhappy about the trash talk between the fans, my advice would be to not go to any more games, especially not any playoff games. Terrible experience and Conseco was a joke.

The crowd was OK, not great. Unfortunately, even a few amount of Chicago fans can ruin a good experience. And there waaaaaaaaaay too many last night.

Chicago fans just have a certain amount of annoyance that is unmatched by any other fanbase in the country. Give me Boston or New York fans any day.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 04-22-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Just how are you going to do that? Ultimately it will not only make the situation worse, it will hurt everyone when the crackdowns on the fans start flying.

If the ushers won't do something, go to the next level up. Ask the usher if uyou can speak with theur supervisor, and keep going if needed.
    I agree with that in theory, but there are times where the situation is too fluid and if the usher immediately there won't do anything, you have no time to talk to the supervisor. I don't agree with collectively kicking a guy's *** or anything like that, but situations will arise where a bunch of fans, hopefully fans of both teams, will drag some drunk moron out of his seat and bring him to the nearest cop unless the ushers start doing their jobs. It is not a foolproof system and shouldn't even be needed but in many cases it is better than letting a fluid situation escalate.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdHardTruth View Post
    There's a difference between some smack talk, which I don't mind, and I think actually can be fun in a close game and the Very different case of drunken simpletons simply looking to cause trouble, who patrol the halls uttering and chanting profanity over and over, where children and the elderly are trying to leave, and are disrupting the experience. More unexcusable even is the amount of leeway given to them by the pacers staff. Troublemaking fans of the opponent shouldn't be given preferential treatment over the hometown fans that the team is trying to win back. I don't give a **** how far you drove to get to the game, show some common sense if you don't want to drive back to chicago listening to the game on the radio. Our security should make bouncing troublemaking bulls fans from conseco a top priority saturday. The last thing we need is bad word of mouth from locals who had their experienced ruined by classless chicagoeans.

The NBA is a family experience, and people shouldn't feel uncomfortable bringing their wives and children because hometown security won't do their jobs bouncing the opposing riff-raff.
    Last edited by daschysta; 04-22-2011 at 12:58 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Bull****. This isn't about hurt feelings. Its about being disrespected in our house, it's about not being able to enjoy the game we paid to come see, and in some cases there are idiots who are a physical threat. Let alone if you come with a spouse or children.
    We may not see eye to eye on many things, but on this we totally agree.

I go to the Cowboys - Redskins game every year, and trash talking is just part of the fun. However, a few games ago a guy (who was with his 11 year old daughter) was taunting the Dallas kicker (who was warming up on the sidelines in front of us" and calling him a "pussy *** *****" and a "**** mother****er". The usher asked him to "please stop, come on man, you even have a young lady with you", and he replied "It is OK. She hears me talk like this all the time." This set the usher off, and he responded "Just because you do it at home does not mean I will let you do it here"

Fans pay money to enjoy the games. Heckling is OK. When you make an *** out out yourself, be is by swearing at every little things, throwing a shirt back on the court, or simply trying to be the biggest jerk in the world, you ruin that experience for people who paid to have a good time.

Sure, some people may be fanatics and want to see the team win (and even get super bummed when they lose) but no one should ever be so invested in a game that a usher or security need to be called due to aggressive behavior or a fight (or worse a fan getting beat up, outside of a stadium)

Lastly, it is a 100% joke a Bulls fan was allowed to work the game. For most Redskins games, the staff are 100% not allowed to be Redskins fans. We actually have a large number of Dallas and non-NFL fans, as it ensures that the ushers and staff will not be sitting around watching the game.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

I was the bulls fan who "threw" the shirt. Actually I didn't do anything, rather I was singled out by a bunch of unhappy, trashy drunk Pacers fans.

So which is it, did you throw the shirt or not? So bascially you're asking us to ignore your post since you can't tell the truth.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    While I understand what you are saying I am going to disagree about N.Y. fans.

For the most part all of the ones I have dealt with over the years were great fans and knew the game.

In fact one of the best playoff game I have ever been to I sat next to a Knicks fan and he & I talked about basektball and players the entire game sharing our opinions. It was a blast, well we won that game so that helped.

This guy was a gentleman 100% through & through. Never once talked trash, never once cursed. When his team lost he said "Hopefully next time" and we parted ways.

As I'm leaving MSA I decide to stop in the bathroom. Much to my horror there is this N.Y. fan laying on the floor with this idiot drunken Pacer fan standing over him. For wearing his N.Y. shirt the drunkard decided that he should hit him from behind. I did what I could to get him out of there but it took several security people & eventually Police to clear the bathroom.

Idiots come in all shapes and sizes.

Peck I actually agree with you about Knicks fans as a whole and probably shouldn't have included them with TRULY AWFUL Pistons fans. I think my memory is tainted by a certain group of fans that we sat around during one of the infamous clashes of the 90's. They spent the whole series riding Reggie about the fire at his house and the drunker they got the worse the comments got.....up to the point of wishing Reggie and his Mom, amongst others, had died in the fire. It wasn't just 2 guys either...it was a group of probably 12-15. But you are right.....having spent time in New York, I can vouch for the fact that New Yorkers know their ****.

I was the bulls fan who "threw" the shirt. Actually I didn't do anything, rather I was singled out by a bunch of unhappy, trashy drunk Pacers fans. I have never been to any sporting events that was so unprofessional as the game was tonight. The security was a complete joke. I was forced to miss the end of a Bulls win, yet again, because a crowd decided I should go. They ran out of beer on the balcony and I was forced to wait for the entire 2nd quarter to get one. I will never go to another Indianapolis sporting event in fear that they may be as terrible as this. The Pacers fans were complete idiots and instigated all the Bulls fans near me. Sorry that you live in a small market and your team is irrelevant. Also, to all those who are unhappy about the trash talk between the fans, my advice would be to not go to any more games, especially not any playoff games. Terrible experience and Conseco was a joke.

Troll... See ya later
    Does this post make anyone else happy? This guys said he will never go to another Indianapolis sporting event!! Thanks for coming on here and letting us know we don't have to worry about one less moron attending our high quality sporting events. Keep the trash in Chicago.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Thanks for sharing the stories everyone. We were sitting in the lower level and the Bulls fans near us were all pretty well behaved. People who could afford good seats were there to enjoy the game and their seats, not to talk trash and act a damn fool. So you have the Bulls fans in the balcony who were most likely a much younger crowd than the ones in the lower sections. Those fans probably planned their entire trip to Indy around getting **** faced and talking crap to Pacers fans and not actually paying attention to the game. They probably budgeted their money so that they could afford the cheap balcony seat and still have just enough money left to get hammered on whatever their alcohol of choice was. With those type of people, it typically doesn't matter where they're at, they're always douchebags. They also are most likely the "fans" who weren't around during the years between when Jordan left and Rose arrived.
    I talk to a few Chicago fans and they were as nice as could be. To bad the others spoiled the good Bulls fans rep per say.

Troll... See ya later
    United Center is a dump you ****head bandwagon fan.

Go back there.

You're jealous the Fieldhouse is as nice as it is and jealous "your" team doesn't play in something that nice.

Yeah and pretty much the majority of this league contains small markets.

Good thing an admin banned you.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Does this post make anyone else happy? This guys said he will never go to another Indianapolis sporting event!! Thanks for coming on here and letting us know we don't have to worry about one less moron attending our high quality sporting events. Keep the trash in Chicago.
    Makes me even more grateful the Pacers play in Indy and at the Fieldhouse.

True basketball right there.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Both fan bases could've showed more class. There was plenty of pacer fans where I was sitting talking **** to bulls fans. I did sit in the upper balcony so I expected to see this.

Did anyone else feel the security getting into the game wasn't very good last night?

I took the skywalk from the parking garage to get in, and the security guards barely even checked me. I took all the items I had out of my pockets and they let me walk through.

They didn't use the wand on me or make me go through the metal detectors. Nothing. Did anyone else experience this?

I just wish that security would be tighter for a sellout playoff game when the crowd is about 70/30(especially considering how Bulls fans act).

Once again I think the hosts were trying to show a fan friendly atmosphere. Wrong decision, bad judgement. When your average fan knew there was going to be a ton of Chicago fans in attendance I would think they would have had a better plan.

Once again, before you even step a foot inside and everyone becomes liquored up, you put that fear of God into the folk by seeing the folks with badges. 4 or 5 cops standing in the stairway as you enter would get my attention that crap is not going to be tolerated.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Troll... See ya later

Good riddance. Take your crack dealing ghetto butt back to where it belongs; the Chicago wasteland.

Indianapolis neither needs nor wants you and your uneducated ilk.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 04-22-2011 at 07:40 PM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Dear thibodeau this is PacersDigest, not BullsDigest. Get the **** out of here you ****!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    We'll miss you. Oh please, please reconsider. We so want you back!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

woman without a team

Back in the day I didn't think there were any worse fans that Pistons fans. Sounds like the Bulls fans proved me wrong.

Sorry that you live in a small market and your team is irrelevant.
    Wait a minute guys I think I know who this is... Coaches name as his SN...use of the word irrelevant. Jim O'Brien is that you?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

A little off topic, but anyone else think its time we follow suit with the other teams in the nba such as the thunder, hawks, heat, and hornets and pass out shirts and have everyone wear the same color. I think it would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by itscaleb View Post
    A little off topic, but anyone else think its time we follow suit with the other teams in the nba such as the thunder, hawks, heat, and hornets and pass out shirts and have everyone wear the same color. I think it would be pretty cool.
    Too many Bulls fans for it to work.

Maybe next year.