Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Postgame: Ugh.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Postgame: Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdHardTruth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vogel really seems like a whiner. You like this guy??
    If your coach isnt working the officals he isnt doing his job every good coach in the NBA is a whiner/ complainer to the refs.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 04-22-2011 at 02:26 PM.

I think Bogans made 3 3 point shots yesterday.. That hurt.

And having 2 chances to take the lead and failing to convert really hurt especially the second attempt because it wasnt a good look at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    There were several crowds in 2004 - I know you hated that team, but come on they got to the ECF. Plus Peck, where were you siting at the time. The crowd sounds a lot louder the lower you sit. I have always sat in the lower level and I thought it was an average for a playoff game crowd.

I guess we disagree.
    In 2004 I think I still had my section 1 seats. So I would have been section 1 row 14. So yea that is in the lower bowl.

I moved to the club level in 05 I think. Man I hated those seats so bad.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    If your coach isnt working the officals he isnt doing his jon every good coach in the NBA is a whiner/ complainer to the refs.
    Yup, even the late great John Wooden. He said that's the reason he held on to that rolled up program, because he could use it to shield what he was saying to them.

He also had a rule, that he would wait three trips down the floor before he would complain about a particular call.

There's a reason why Phil Jackson gets fined so much.

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    I think Bogans made 3 3 point shots yesterday.. That hurt.

And having 2 chances to take the lead and failing to convert really hurt especially the second attempt because it wasnt a good look at all.
    The Bulls just capitalized on just about every open 3. Even unguarded, 3's are still hard to make, but they were on. Our guys played great, but our best just doesn't seem to be enough. We don't have that X factor on our team.

Why wouldn't the Pacers attack the basket in the 3rd quarter when the Bulls were a foul away from the penalty at the 8 min mark is beyond me. You just have to find a way to draw a foul. Instead, our jump shots bailed them out. It comes down to the smaller details is why we lost. I'm sorry, but the Bulls didn't win this game, we lost it. Bulls didn't simply win the first two games either, we let the games slip away.

Still, even though I feel those games should have been ours, I'm truly am proud at how well our guys have been playing. Not there yet, but it's encouraging.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Two things from Conseco last night:

1) The building was FREEZING.

2) Did anyone else notice how they always played music immediately after a Bulls made shot? I'm guessing this was done to drown out the cheers from the Bulls fans.
    Last edited by Doddage; 04-22-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I don't think Collison ran the right play when they had the ball tied at 84. Danny was irate in the huddle after that play and I think it was a major mistake on DC's part.

It looked like the play was designed to go to Danny off a staggered screen. Danny ran the play and popped open about 17 feet from the basket but Darren put his head down and shot a forced jumper instead of hitting the open man.

Lack of execution was the problem. I think Frank was drawing up the right plays but the players just couldn't execute them on the offensive end in the last minute and a half.
    There's no question Danny came open on the play you refer to. DC has already started his move down the opposite side of the lane where Danny emerged. I don't know if there was a delay or if DC just broke it off early and tried to take it himself. I'd guess the latter based on Granger's reaction.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Two things from Conseco last night:

1) The building was FREEZING.

2) Did anyone else notice how they always played music immediately after a Bulls made shot? I'm guessing this was done to drown out the cheers from the Bulls fans.
    Yes I did & it was a great idea.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    That should be the first, second, and third priority for the off-season.
    You mean after resigning Josh McRoberts (the only player you actually like on the team) and trading Danny Granger?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ndcoltsnpacers View Post
    In the parking garage, probably not going to get out of here for another 3 hours. I really don't want to be around all these ****ers. Someone help me.
    Never, ever, ever, park in the parking garage. I made that mistake twice and I vowed I'd never do it again.

Getting out of the parking lot on South and Delaware Street is a breeze by comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Never, ever, ever, park in the parking garage. I made that mistake twice and I vowed I'd never do it again.

Getting out of the parking lot on South and Delaware Street is a breeze by comparison.
    Unfortunately they are in the process of demolishing the two $5 lots on the NE corner of South and Delaware. Really irks me......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Yeah, you know it's been so long since I've been to a game like that one that I'd forgotten it even mattered. I'm very used to sticking my car in a garage and being able to get right out. And I'll usually get something to eat down by the Fieldhouse (usually hooters) before going home, but I saw a lot of bulls fans had the same idea and I was ready to get out. Fortunately I wasn't in the garage 3 hours like I said, but half an hour, and by the time I was out the roads had cleared out.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Despite the huge disappointment with being down 3-0, I just can't wait to watch the next game. I hope we win just so there's another.

I completely understand homers from Chicago talking about dirty play and homers from Indiana claiming it's good hard basketball. That's what fans do, that's our job.

However, there's a reason Foster's fouls got upgraded to flagrants. He's playing like a child. I don't care how close these games have been, it's clear that the Pacers have NO shot at doing anything in this series aside from not being able to close out a single game and resorting to terrible defensive play in order to keep them from getting torched all game long. McRoberts is the ONLY Indiana big man doing anything productive in this series. Hibbert is still playing like he's 6'2 instead of 7 and Hansbrough is by far the most awkward tool on the planet. He whines about everything, he's flopping worse than anybody in the league. THE GUY IS 250 pounds and he's falling down with the slightest of contact. Is this really the brand of basketball you're proud to stand behind? If you can possibly look at these fouls in the lane and say that they resemble anything other than blacktop physicality, you seriously need to have your head examined. This is the NBA. Play with some dignity. If you're going to lose, lose with honor, because NOBODY is going to look at this Pacer team's defensive tactics and say that this is the way basketball should be. This is why they limped into the playoffs and this is why they haven't won a game.