Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

  1. #1

    Default We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Heck, let's trade for Monta Ellis.

    We need a guy who can create off the dribble and score!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,799

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    OJ Mayo is not the answer. Ellis can score, but I'd be hesitant to add him if he's really as self-focused as has been suggested.

  4. #3
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,193

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    I don't think Mayo is that great creating of the dribble. I suppose he's an upgrade over who we have, but that's not saying much. But he would give us another good offensive option, which we obviously need. Not sure we need it more than some size and rebounding on the interior. Our bigs other than Jeff have been manhandled the last two games.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  5. #4
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    For the price it took to get Mayo, I wouldn't pass it up.

    I feel like in a new organization, he can probably play like he did in his rookie and sophomore years.

    He has a lot of talent and he's pretty clutch and can score or create a shot for himself when it's needed.

    He did a lot of that in his rookie year as pretty much the leader of that team.

  6. #5

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    LOL, we'd have to play Posey at PF, and Mayo vs Rose is going to come out the same as Granger vs. Rose.

  7. #6
    Member PacerFan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    27
    Posts
    684

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    If we had OJ we would be up at least 2-1 right now, guaranteed.

  8. #7
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,602
    Mood

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    I really see PG next year with this experience and a good offseason as being the answer.

  9. #8
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,189
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFan31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we had OJ we would be up at least 2-1 right now, guaranteed.
    Guaranteed you are wrong. Have you watched Mayo in the playoffs?

    You folks are ignorant of the NBA. Put down the NBA 2K11 and come to the real world.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  11. #9
    Member aaronb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Memphis Tenn
    Posts
    773

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Mayo and Randolph would make this a 50 win team in the east. The question is how do we find 2 guys better than anyone else on this roster? Shortcutting the rebuild was still a bad idea.

  12. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    OJ Mayo? right, like OJ Mayo was ever going to get the ball with DC as the point guard

  13. #11

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL, we'd have to play Posey at PF, and Mayo vs Rose is going to come out the same as Granger vs. Rose.
    Bird was trying to bring another PF along with the trade so probably not. But yeah, I'm not sure if it would make much of a difference, at least not in this game.

  14. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Have any of you been watching Spurs/Grizz?

    Because if you have you might have figured out that while OJ Mayo is good and is an upgrade over Rush, and has the talent to have more impact that Jones/Dunleavy, he hasn't yet and his impact on that series is not as significant as you guys who claim we would be winning would think.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flox For This Useful Post:


  16. #13
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OJ Mayo? right, like OJ Mayo was ever going to get the ball with DC as the point guard
    I'd rather have them playing together than OJ and AJ.

    DC passes the ball more than AJ does and I think a guard lineup of them wouldn't be bad.

    It would help DC out. He'll have a solid SG to pass it off to.

  17. #14
    Member PacerFan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    27
    Posts
    684

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guaranteed you are wrong. Have you watched Mayo in the playoffs?

    You folks are ignorant of the NBA. Put down the NBA 2K11 and come to the real world.
    Thank you for setting me straight great one, you've opened my "ignorant" eyes.

    Get out of here with that nba 2k11 stuff

  18. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFan31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for setting me straight great one, you've opened my "ignorant" eyes.

    Get out of here with that nba 2k11 stuff
    No seriously have you watched Spurs Grizz?

    He's like the fourth best wing for the Grizz in that series. Sam Young, Tony Allen, and Battier are outplaying him.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flox For This Useful Post:


  20. #16
    Member PacerFan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    27
    Posts
    684

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No seriously have you watched Spurs Grizz?

    He's like the fourth best wing for the Grizz in that series. Sam Young, Tony Allen, and Battier are outplaying him.
    Don't get me wrong that's an accurate statement, but I truly believe that he would've helped this team.

    Plus it's a little bit of emotion flowing after just getting home from the game and needing to do a little venting.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerFan31 For This Useful Post:


  22. #17
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Mayo just doesn't fit in with what Memphis is running anymore.

    He'd probably be better here mainly because we can use his 2 guard talent.

    I still do believe Bird will acquire him. I wouldn't think he'd let a deal he nearly got done go and because time to make the deal ran out.

  23. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFan31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get me wrong that's an accurate statement, but I truly believe that he would've helped this team.

    Plus it's a little bit of emotion flowing after just getting home from the game and needing to do a little venting.
    Fair enough fair enough.

    I don't think he wouldn't have helped, heck, I'd take a sack of potatoes over Rush, so in that sense, he is an upgrade.

    But then again Rush played 2 minutes tonight.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to flox For This Useful Post:


  25. #19
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,607
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No seriously have you watched Spurs Grizz?

    He's like the fourth best wing for the Grizz in that series. Sam Young, Tony Allen, and Battier are outplaying him.
    Yep, and if Rudy Gay was healthy Mayo would not be playing at all.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  27. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, and if Rudy Gay was healthy Mayo would not be playing at all.
    That's actually a scary thought. That we'd trade McRoberts for a player that, given full health for the Grizz, would not be playing for them at all.

    It's strange. It's still a good trade, but it's strange.

  28. #21
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    We are missing experience. Roy/Tyler/Paul just aren't consistent enough on the offensive end yet. They got shots and missed good looks right at the basket. If they all shot a combined 33% tonight, we win.

  29. #22
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,486

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    We overrate the hell out of OJ Mayo around here.

  30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  31. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We overrate the hell out of OJ Mayo around here.
    We?

  32. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    We are missing Roy Hibbert it reminds me of Space Jam...........................


    http://youtu.be/mWeII9xkTnw

  33. #25
    Member jcouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    434

    Default Re: We are missing OJ Mayo right now

    In my opinion, we don't really need a create-his-own-shot SG like Mayo or Ellis to replace Paul, because currently, and probably for the future, Paul is our best perimeter defender and has a MUCH higher ceiling than Danny.

    Danny, while he does a lot of great things and I like him, he isn't that good of a defender, and he isn't the closer we need. To me, he's the one I'd rather see replaced in the starting lineup via a trade. Our closer would be doing everything Danny is currently doing, playing at least the same level defense, and having the option as a closer. We would likely have to package one other guy in the trade, but I would be targeting that option.

    If we package Danny in a deal for that person, we have a much better chance of getting what we need to go alongside Paul for the future. If Paul does develop into a closer, then, well, shucks, we have two.
    Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team. -- Scottie Pippen

Similar Threads

  1. AfterThoughts About The Missed Trade at Deadline
    By MunciePacerBabe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 12:54 PM
  2. Replies: 130
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 06:25 PM
  3. OJ Mayo, Tony Allen fight on team plane
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 10:04 PM
  4. Lorenzen Wright RIP
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 11:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •