Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: here at conseco

Default Re: here at conseco

I felt the Bulls made up maybe 20% of the crowd at best but sounded like a solid 30-35%. Thet stood out more with their red.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would say about 30% of the crowd was Bulls fans, but my section was made up of about 80% Bulls fans.

Each corner of the balcony was filled with Bulls fans.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

I think after being in the crowd tonight that I have developed a life-long hatred toward Bulls fans.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingGeorge For This Useful Post:

I thought the Pacer fans did a good job of quelling the Bull's fans chants tonight. Everytime the MVP chant started going it seemed as though Pacer fans would start to Boo and drown out the chants quickly. At least that's how it worked in my section. Once they started chanting mvp, Pacer fans would just start booing loudly and their chants died out. (which is a good strategy) The bulls fans were most noticable when a shot would drop for chicago and the pacer fans went silent. It seemed as though the crowd sounded pretty pro-pacer? Did it come across like that on TV? I wont be going to game 4, I wonder if a lot of Pacer fans won't either. Makes me worried about it being and overwhelmingly pro bulls crowd. hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . Makes me worried about it being and overwhelmingly pro bulls crowd. hope not.
    I have a feeling it is.

The only reason I say this is because there were more tickets available for game 3 than game 4 at one point.

I'm guessing more Bulls fans bought tickets for game 4 in case the series would end that game (which is now a possibility).

I hope I'm wrong though.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    I have a feeling it is.

The only reason I say this is because there were more tickets available for game 3 than game 4 at one point.

I'm guessing more Bulls fans bought tickets for game 4 in case the series would end that game (which is now a possibility).

I hope I'm wrong though.
    Plus it is on the weekend

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Although a ton of bandwagons came, it sure as hell seemed like a pro-Pacers crowd on TV tonight.

I don't even remember hearing an S-A-T chant, I mean M-V-P chant for Rose.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

So that 70% estimate was WAY off. Pacers fans had a distinct advantage at the game last night. First time in a few years that we could say that when the Bulls came to town. Very proud of Pacers fans at Conseco last night.
    Grown Man Ball

I hope Pacers fans at least make a respectful showing on Saturday and are able to drone out the Bulls fans again.

If Conseco turns into UC South, it will be tough to watch. Again, there are plenty of areanas in the United States where opposing teams fans are afraid to wear their teams' colors. It needs to be that way in Conseco.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    As I've mentioned in another thread, I thought overal the crowd was avrage as far as being into the game.

Fred Jones was a few seats to my right
    Damn UB, you must have been sitting in a dull section. I can say section 2 (which did have several Bulls fans) rocked very well. As others have pointed out anytime the Bullshirters would start a chant they would get stomped with Pacer boos. Of course we were sitting a section over from A55 so maybe that helped.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

First, the Pacer fans were present and loud last night. The Bulls chants were drowned out except when the Pacer fans got quiet at a momentum shift. There were Pacer fans in the lower bowl below us standing for the entire 4th quarter.

Second, back in the 94 2nd-round against Atlanta, Pacer fans came to the Omni in droves, glomming onto tickets that were not selling in Atlanta. I remember a whole balcony section being solid Pacer fans, especially when ATA had a special charter flight package for folks to come for the game and then go home afterwards. It was almost MSA south, so at least in the history of the franchise there HAVE been times Pacer fans invaded other arenas.

Third, I absolutely abhor the idea of making opposing fans feel uncomfortable rather than being good hosts. You want to keep opposing fans out of your arena, buy the tickets, don't drive them away and leave yourself with empty seats and a bad reputation. Sports are meant to be fun and a way to connect with other people, even if they are fans of other teams. Let's be the good guys and make Conseco the place to be for anyone who buys a ticket.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    First, the Pacer fans were present and loud last night. The Bulls chants were drowned out except when the Pacer fans got quiet at a momentum shift. There were Pacer fans in the lower bowl below us standing for the entire 4th quarter.

Second, back in the 94 2nd-round against Atlanta, Pacer fans came to the Omni in droves, glomming onto tickets that were not selling in Atlanta. I remember a whole balcony section being solid Pacer fans, especially when ATA had a special charter flight package for folks to come for the game and then go home afterwards. It was almost MSA south, so at least in the history of the franchise there HAVE been times Pacer fans invaded other arenas.

Third, I absolutely abhor the idea of making opposing fans feel uncomfortable rather than being good hosts. You want to keep opposing fans out of your arena, buy the tickets, don't drive them away and leave yourself with empty seats and a bad reputation. Sports are meant to be fun and a way to connect with other people, even if they are fans of other teams. Let's be the good guys and make Conseco the place to be for anyone who buys a ticket.
    I was in section 4, row 19 with my girlfriend and a buddy of ours and we didn't sit the entire 4th quarter. Not sure how anyone could say that the crowd was average because Conseco was rocking last night, and it was mostly Pacers fans doing the deed.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post

I have no problem with being a good host in theory. But I also agree that people need to be good guests. Chicago fans calling Pacers fans rednecks, threatening to beat them up for cheering for the home team, and just plain getting drunk and obnoxious should not be acceptable behavior in Conseco. If the ushers are unwilling to enforce the rules, it lies on the fans to get the opposing team fans to shut up or leave.

I have had mostly a good experience being a Pacers fan at Wizards games wearing a Pacers jersey, but then again I keep my mouth shut, chill out with the Wizards fans around me, and never insult them unless it is obvious good natured joking around. If Chicago fans are going to be disrespectful, then they don't deserve our respect or good graces.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

I tip my hat off to this city and its Pacers fans.

I feel like this crowd is ready and excited for the present and future.

I was there and there were definitely more Pacers fans and the Pacers fans were louder.

The Bulls fans were a bunch of pigs and slobs I'll say.

The most immature people to be "guests" at the Fieldhouse.

SATURDAY IS SOLDOUT ALREADY! Looking forward to a crowd just like the one last night. The home crowd really was super loud.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Mood

My good friend is a Colts STH, and (I think) year before last during the preseason game against the Bears, he was talking about how he was amazed at:

a.) the number of drunk Bears fans getting arresting inside and outside the Oilcan, and

b.) the number of fights between drunk Colts and drunk Bears fans...

maybe it's on them (Chicago fan), but it seems that proximity breeds contempt.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

I think Saturday will be a good indication of things to come in terms of fan support. Let's face it, very few of us saw the Pacers being competitive in all the games so far; most were happy with winning one game, and the way things are going, that probably won't happen. But if the crowd is like the one that was at Conseco yesterday (most of whom were probably well aware that the Pacers were not going to win the series), and they know darned well that the writing ultimately is on the wall even if they did think the Pacers would win the series (e.g., that is, no one has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit, let alone an 8 vs. 1 seed), and the crowd gives it all they've got, then I think this bodes really well for next season.

Hi Bill S.,
    I was going to point that out also, about the Pacers fans at the Pacers-Hawks playoff games at the Omni in 94. I lived in NC then and remember Bob Neal (tbs) saying that "Pacers fans are everywhere". Also remember driving up to Indy for two games in that series and two games in the following series against the Knicks...
    btw Bill, I still live in the ATL area..