Thread: A question about Chad Bratzke

Hybrid View

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default A question about Chad Bratzke

Did anyone see on Ch13's Sportslocker last Sunday that Chad was on the sidelines at the Jags game?He was in his shades and a Colts outfit.Heis a free agent and I bet he would gladly come back.So why is a decent veteran DE on the sidelines when we desperatley need him? (Yes,I know we would have had to have worked out a contract for him to have played last week.)
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Default Re: A question about Chad Bratzke

We need Defense bad.It would be nice to have a veteran also.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Colts need a quality veteran secondary badly at this time. Their front seven are servicable to good, depending upon the day. There's no room on the roster, nor need for a player like Bratzke.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Hes 36?I thought he was 35 well anyway he probably could still be productive.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Well I don't care as long as we get a SB this year.I am just trying to find some improvements to add to the D.We do all agree that it needs improvements to make it to the SB right?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've read a few times that most if not all of the starting secondary should be ready after the bye week. That would be a good sign. I'm becoming more confident the defense can be a solid bunch by the end of the year as long as they can stay relatively healthy.
    [edit=57=1097030967][/edit]
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

RA231

I think Mathis a very good pash rushing defensive end. If only he could help the run defense we would be more than set at DE. If we could get a bigger, stonger, more athletic DT to replace Tripplets/Williams spot that can stop the run, then I think we can use Mathis a little more. Only if... The linebackers are playing well right now, thats including Morris. I am surprised at his play so far. June has been improving since the season started, he just needs time to adjust to his new position. Hes no Thornton. secondary is the weak spot right now, and it is very weak. We have Bashir, Sanders, Doss, and Sanders out in the secondary and all of them are potenial starters. If the secondary can stay healthy then you all will be looking at a very different secondary by the seasons end. GO COLTS! On a side note, does anybody think Reagor has been playing well? I think he has.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Chad Bratzke NO Thanks

We came with what a few plays of the SB last year with this same defense , yes it's not stellar or overpowering but if we keep making the key plays and the offense stays up to par we can still goto the SB this year.

I think people are so spoiled because our offense is so powerful that it makes the defense look less , we just need to maintain the pattern til the bye week and then we should have most everyone back baring anymore injuries.

Let's not panic yet , we are 3-1 and have played 4 very good teams and we could have easily been 4-0 , if we were 1 -3 then we could all run around like chicken little claiming the sky is falling.