Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PTI Michael Wilborn says Pacers are a better team than Magic/Hawks

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PTI Michael Wilborn says Pacers are a better team than Magic/Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Joe Johnson lived up too his potential, got to the line, shot better percentage shots, he would be better. Unfortunately he doesn't do that. All he does is repeatedly chuck up bad shots, while avoiding the foul line at all costs.
    ur guys homerism to the pacers is laughable.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Joe Johnson isn't better than Danny Granger... He's a very overrated player.

I realize, you think because you're openly willing to admit just about any player from opposing teams are superior to the Pacers players that must mean you're right. Except you blindly state that one player after another must be better, in this example, than Danny Granger.

I appreciate the attempt to think open minded about the Pacers. But seriously think about what you're trying to argue- You're trying to say Joe Johnson is better than Danny Granger, when Granger is literally better in every statistical category. None of your supposed theories add up either. I mean if Joe Johnson is really the all-star everyone thinks he is, how come the Hawks don't win more games?

I'm a huge homer, but it's weird the homer has all the statistics backing up everything he is saying.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Hawks and Magic are both clearly better than the Pacers right now. As for the next two years, I'm not so sure.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Thanks Ryen "My opinions are factual and I will declare them as such" Russillo.

I don't strongly disagree (though I do somewhat), but opinions delivered as facts (particularly negative ones) can just annoy me. Maybe I'm alone.
    As much as that might be the case, Russillo covers the NBA better than anyone else at ESPN. Seriously, he watches almost every team throughout the season and I value his opinion much more than Michael Wilbon.

I just so happened to be driving in the car when Wilbon was on and I can see where he was going but no, I don't agree with him either - especially about the Hawks. The Hawks lack focus but they have a very talented team with Smith, Horford, and Joe Johnson. Their defense is better than the Pacers but offensively they have some terrible schemes and look to freelance and run ISOs way too often. Still, I think they're better than the Pacers right now and maybe even next year.

Maybe you can make that argument about the Hawks if you take away Dwight. Orlando has a bunch of talented players but other than Dwight, no one plays defense at higher than an average level. Arenas, Turkoglu, and Nelson are all poor defenders. Riddick is the only guy I think is better than average on their team and he's been hurt most of the season. They would be no better than Toronto without Dwight.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

I posted it in the "Twice in a row, I'm so proud of this team" thread now on page 2

Barkley said this on TNT as well, and I believe for Wilbon.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Overrated, no. Overpaid, yes.

If he was on our team we wouldn't be talking about finding a closer.
    Last edited by LA_Confidential; 04-22-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Banned

Now this is crazy talk.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Your comments towards people however, are not.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Now this is crazy talk.
    I don't know what is so crazy about it. Joe Johnson isn't some unshakeable superstar. He's about where I'd put Granger, who is averaging 21 points in the playoffs on 50% shooting while being double teamed constantly.

It is hilarious how much you guys hate on Granger. Outside of him and Collison the entire starting line up shot a TERRIBLE percentage. Danny showed up tonight I'm afraid no one else in the starting line up did besides George.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Now this is crazy talk.
    Ok, he's just overrated instead of very overrated.

I don't think that is true I just think Granger has become underrated amongst Pacer fans on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I don't think that is true I just think Granger has become underrated amongst Pacer fans on this board.
    Well I don't underrate Granger, hell I probably overrate him. But I just think Johnson is rather overrated. Especially for what he gets paid.

Well I don't underrate Granger, hell I probably overrate him. But I just think Johnson is rather overrated. Especially for what he gets paid.
    Defiantly Johnson is overpaid. Hell half that team is overpaid, especially all of their main pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    Your comments towards people however, are not.
    I'm more of a reader than a poster here at PD. It's been sad to see how since the beginning of the season P4E has gone from a very emotional but dedicated (and yes, sub-par grammar) into an over the top pessimist. I know he's an Area 55er and that makes it even sadder. Not sure if he thinks it makes him more "legit" to talk like that or what. I want us to win the old P4E back.