Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PTI Michael Wilborn says Pacers are a better team than Magic/Hawks

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default PTI Michael Wilborn says Pacers are a better team than Magic/Hawks

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6390975

I dont know how I missed this. Its just nice to hear us getting some spotlight and recognition. Nice video, and sorry if its been discussed already.

Default Re: PTI Michael Wilborn says Pacers are a better team than Magic/Hawks

This was discussed in another thread, but it was based upon an ESPN article that Wilbon wrote. have no idea which thread it is in. The article is probably still available on ESPN.com

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

As Unclebuck said, it's already been discussed.

It's also not true.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't say that. I agree with Wilbon --- right now, they are playing better than those two teams. Whether or not they have a better roster... they are playing better ball. Except in the final 2 minutes.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I think the Pacers have played better to this point than the magic and the hawks. Of course Magic were terrible in game #1. Regardless it is only through 3 games

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

As far as the way the Magic and Hawks are playing so far, we're definitely competing more and playing better.

I feel like the Bulls/Pacers series has been a lot more exciting than the Magic/Hawks.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

considering the amount of times we've choked against the Hawks...I guess we should hope for the Magic in the next round?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

What he wrote in his article was that the Pacers had a better roster than the Magic, which is patently false.

Even if you think we're equal 2-15, which is a stretch, the difference between Granger and Dwight is about as large as the Grand Canyon.

Have we played better than them the last two games? Sure. Are we a better team. Not by a mile.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

*Throws out ridiculous rumor of Dwight Howard joining the Pacers in the offseason*

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    *Throws out ridiculous rumor of Dwight Howard joining the Pacers in the offseason*
    Unnamed sources are saying Dwight Howard will demand a trade to the Pacers this offseason.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Thumbs down Re: PTI Michael Wilborn says Pacers are a better team than Magic/Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    As Unclebuck said, it's already been discussed.

It's also not true.
    Thanks Ryen "My opinions are factual and I will declare them as such" Russillo.

I don't strongly disagree (though I do somewhat), but opinions delivered as facts (particularly negative ones) can just annoy me. Maybe I'm alone.

Mood

What he wrote in his article was that the Pacers had a better roster than the Magic, which is patently false.

Even if you think we're equal 2-15, which is a stretch, the difference between Granger and Dwight is about as large as the Grand Canyon.

Have we played better than them the last two games? Sure. Are we a better team. Not by a mile.
    i'd say the Pacers do have a more well-rounded roster actually. Hawks, not so much.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Completely off-topic, but anyone ever notice is spelled wrong, lol...
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    i'd say the Pacers do have a more well-rounded roster actually. Hawks, not so much.
    Take away Horford, Josh Smith and Joe Johnson and you can make that case. However those 3 guys are better than any Pacer is right now.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to aaronb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Completely off-topic, but anyone ever notice is spelled wrong, lol...
    im literally

i noticed that too but didnt want to say anything because i thought it was just me
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aaronb View Post
    Take away Horford, Josh Smith and Joe Johnson and you can make that case. However those 3 guys are better than any Pacer is right now.
    Crawford might also be better.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Crawford might also be better.
    No.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Are you serious?

Granger, Hibbert, DC, Hansbrough...

I would just like to add that Tony Kornheiser said we had 35 wins when we really had 37. COME ON TONY! That is all

The Magics roster outside of Howard is an embarrassment. They suck.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

That's why the Hawks are so good right?

Danny Granger is literally better than Joe Johnson in nearly every facet of the game. He shoots, better, he scores better, he defends better, he rebounds better... He's not as good of a passer as Joe, but other than he's just a better player.

Joe Johnson has a much prettier game, so people assume he's better. But I've never cared for his game. He's just a chucker. That Hawks team would be much much better if those 3 players are all as good as everyone this board says they are.

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post

Danny Granger is literally better than Joe Johnson in nearly every facet of the game. He shoots, better, he scores better, he defends better, he rebounds better... He's not as good of a passer as Joe, but other than he's just a better player.

Joe Johnson has a much prettier game, so people assume he's better. But I've never cared for his game. He's just a chucker. That Hawks team would be much much better if those 3 players are all as good as everyone this board says they are.

Joe Johnson is a much better ball handler and passer. He is much better at creating his own shot than Danny Granger. Overall he is the superior player.

Granger is only superior to Johnson as an outside shooter.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aaronb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post

Yeah, none of those players are any better than Granger. If directly compared to their position Horford and Smith may be better, but not if compared to Granger.

Also there is a difference between having a better roster and a better team. You can have a bunch of superstars, but if you play better as a team you will beat them more times than not. See US national team for 2000 to 2008, all the talent in the world, but small countries with people no one has heard of were able to beat them.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 04-21-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Joe Johnson is a much better ball handler and passer. He is much better at creating his own shot than Danny Granger. Overall he is the superior player.

Granger is only superior to Johnson as an outside shooter.
    Exactly my point. Because his game is so much prettier, he's a better creator, the natural assumption is that he's a better player. Except he's not.

Danny is clearly a better defender, a MUCH more efficient scorer, a higher volume scorer resulting him being a much more valuable player.

But you'd be right if we judged a player on pure style points, Joe Johnson would be the better player.

If Joe Johnson lived up too his potential, got to the line, shot better percentage shots, he would be better. Unfortunately he doesn't do that. All he does is repeatedly chuck up bad shots, while avoiding the foul line at all costs.