Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People are talking Pacer Basketball again

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: People are talking Pacer Basketball again

There are a few people down here in Bloomington and I've seen someone in a Pacers shirt in Bedford this past week, too.

here is some news about the national ratings for Saturdays game #1

http://www.sportsmediawatch.net/2011...s-way-for.html

NBA Playoffs: Pacers/Bulls Leads the Way For ESPN Saturday

The 2011 NBA Playoffs got off to a strong start on ESPN, led by Game 1 of the Pacers/Bulls series.

ESPN drew a 2.4 U.S. rating and 3.567 million viewers for the Bulls' win over the Pacers Saturday afternoon, up 20% in ratings and 23% in viewership from 2009 (CHI/BOS G1: 2.0, 2.893M), and up 26% and 28%, respectively, from 2008 (WSH/CLE G1: 1.9, 2.798M).

There was no game in the comparable timeslot (1 PM ET) last year. The first game of last year's tripleheader (MIL/ATL G1: 5:30 PM ET) drew a 1.5 and 2.160 million viewers.

Pacers/Bulls Game 1 ranks as ESPN's highest rated opening weekend NBA Playoff game since Rockets/Lakers Game 1 in 2004 (2.7).

Later Saturday, the Hawks' Game 1 win over the Magic drew a 2.1 and 3.328 million viewers, down 16% in ratings and 13% in viewership from last year (MIA/BOS G1: 2.5, 3.821M), but up 24% and 38%, respectively, from 2009 (DAL/SA G1: 1.7, 2.416M).

Excluding games on ABC (ratings for those telecasts are not yet available), Hawks/Magic was the only playoff game of the weekend to have a decline in ratings or viewership versus last year's comparable window.

In the nightcap, the Trail Blazers' Game 1 loss to the Mavericks drew a 2.1 and 3.456 million viewers, up 11% in ratings and 18% in viewership from last year (UTA/DEN G1: 1.9, 2.921M), and flat in ratings and up 12% in viewership from 2009 (HOU/POR G1: 2.1, 3.091M).

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know I should be happy about this, but the same people who gave me crap all season long about the "Pacers sucking" are wearing Pacers gear in my office today. Sometimes I truly hate this city.

Good for the Pacers, though.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

Lets pray we see about 18,000 pacers shirts tonight.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

I live 3 states down and some coworker friends of mine and a few of my neighbors know I'm a "Yankee living in the south" and that I'm a Pacers/Colts/Notre Dame fan. When they started asking me about the Pacers/Bulls series...

I'll say that again...

...the "Pacers"/Bulls series, not Bulls/Pacers...

...I knew this team had started to raise eyebrows again in a positive way. Most people I've talked to clearly acknowledge that the Bulls are lucky to be up 2-0. Many even complained about the poor officiating that favored the Bulls both games.

So, yeah. It's not just locally; the Pacers have gained the attention of people far outside Naptown. I just wish I could spare the time and get a few tickets to the home games.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NuffSaid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I should be happy about this, but the same people who gave me crap all season long about the "Pacers sucking" are wearing Pacers gear in my office today. Sometimes I truly hate this city.

Good for the Pacers, though.
    That's fickled fandom for you.

I think all Pacers fans wanted was for this team to stay out of trouble and just compete every game. It's also clear they hated Jim O'Brien and didn't think he could take this team to the next level and put them back on path to the post-season despite all the assurances he made to get their.

The fans have jump behind the team because the team has jumped behind Vogel. He made the difference! He has us all believing again.

In 49 states it's just basketball...

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Hoosiers cannot resist basketball when it is good basketball.
    I think this is absolutely true. I know the kind of basketball I want to watch my team play, and this is it.

It's not Obie-ball.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Yeah cause if I was a casual fan I would love staying up late on a work night to watch Chicago instead of Miami. :eyeroll:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It'll be nice to watch crowds next season like the ones back from the Reggie days.

Makes everyone watching the game pumped up when it's filled and everyone is up cheering for the home team.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm sorry to admit that I was one of the guys who lost interest after Reggie retired. I still tried to have the same passion for them as I did before but it just wasn't the same. But now after watching several games this season and the the first two games of this series I am fully behind the Pacers once again. I haven't seen a Pacer team hustle and dive on the floor as much as this team did in the first two games for a very long time. By the way, here at UE I saw a couple of Pacer jerseys yesterday!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoUEAces For This Useful Post:

BEFORE (2007-2011)

AFTER (2011-present)

...crowd looks like it did back before 2006
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

I am definetly noticing the bandwagon fans coming out of the woodwork.... but that's a GOOD sign for the Pacers.... You don't think OKC would be selling out every game if their team wasn't making the playoffs do you? Bandwagon fans are part of a teams success too....

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

I wish we'd get a new floor. I've ever much liked this one. Hell, maybe even just making the out of bounds yellow instead of sickly wood would do the trick.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I agree with Hicks about the floor. I wish we would just go back to the old design with the yellow instead of the blue. Although I guess just adding some blue around the out of bounds area would be ok.

Minutia, I know, but it's always bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    I am definetly noticing the bandwagon fans coming out of the woodwork.... but that's a GOOD sign for the Pacers.... You don't think OKC would be selling out every game if their team wasn't making the playoffs do you? Bandwagon fans are part of a teams success too....
    Agreed. It's definitely got out of hand, but hey, welcome to Indiana

I've had more people at my work come up and talk Pacers with me in the last week than I have in 5 years.

Indianapolis = Bandwagon city.

But it's good for the team and the city, just slightly annoying.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

I love the bandwagoners. Or I think as others have accurately pointed out, the returners. I'm guessing Herb Simon does even more.

Fills up the fieldhouse, brings in a ton more revenue, and stops foreign invasion/gives us homecourt advantage. Some of the games I went to this year I felt like almost no one was there. Much more important than what people think their merits as a fan is.

If you were here through all the losing, then you know who you are. The winning at the end is just more sweet to you than it is to them. Its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    BEFORE (2007-2011)

AFTER (2011-present)

...crowd looks like it did back before 2006
    Not quite.

If you look close enough at the first pic, you can the empty seats in the middle and upper decks compared to the second pic where it appears most seats are full. Regardless, it's good to see in the more recent pic the fans returning. (Of course, that could've been one of those nights the fans came out for the "other" team. Hard to say; the court is empty of players so you don't know who the visiting team was. Still, I'd rather hold to the belief that the Fieldhouse was full of Pacers fans that day.:mrgreen

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    Not quite.

If you look close enough at the first pic, you can the empty seats in the middle and upper decks compared to the second pic where it appears most seats are full. Regardless, it's good to see in the more recent pic the fans returning. (Of course, that could've been one of those nights the fans came out for the "other" team. Hard to say; the court is empty of players so you don't know who the visiting team was. Still, I'd rather hold to the belief that the Fieldhouse was full of Pacers fans that day.:mrgreen
    My avatar shows a packed house that's pretty recent.

I was doing a quick search of a small crowd vs. a large crowd at the Fieldhouse.

The second picture, I feel we'll see more of next season and into the future than the upper one.

The one above looks like there were maybe 10,000 and the one below a near sellout.

This is probably what we'll see rougly most nights. Pretty much most Friday and Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I wish we'd get a new floor. I've ever much liked this one. Hell, maybe even just making the out of bounds yellow instead of sickly wood would do the trick.
    I like our current floor.

I did like the MSA paint that had the small logo as the key.

Mood

My avatar shows a packed house that's pretty recent.

I was doing a quick search of a small crowd vs. a large crowd at the Fieldhouse.

The second picture, I feel we'll see more of next season and into the future than the upper one.

The one above looks like there were maybe 10,000 and the one below a near sellout.

This is probably what we'll see rougly most nights. Pretty much most Friday and Saturdays.

We will sell out vs the top tierd teams and thats abut all. Most of them will be wearing the other teams gear also.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 04-21-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    We will sell at vs the top tierd teams and thats abut all. Most of them will be wearing the other teams gear also.
    I don't think we will average sellouts every game, but more than this season and in the past 4 years. More on Fridays and Saturdays most likely.

What I am saying here is that we will average 16,000+ people per game next season to see the Pacers.

Yeah bandwagon fans will still come out like they do for every team, but I still think the Pacers fans will pack the Fieldhouse most nights.

Have they ever considered using a curtain on the upper deck for poorly attended games?

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    Have they ever considered using a curtain on the upper deck for poorly attended games?
    I always sit down low and I looked up during the season and it looks pretty scary up there because of how dark and dead silent it is.

When the place is packed, every section and deck is fun to be in.

Mood

I always sit down low and I looked up during the season and it looks pretty scary up there because of how dark and dead silent it is.

When the place is packed, every section and deck is fun to be in.
    you think the fieldhouse is dark go to the bradley center