Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 63 of 63

Thread: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

  1. #51
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. Why does he deserve a ring? He hasn't played on a championship team.
    A title is not something you 'deserve', imo... Does Reggie deserve a title? Or Karl Malone? No, I'm fine with the guys who took those titles from them.

    What Nash does deserve though, is an opportunity to compete. He deserves a team that wouldn't let Joe Johnson go, wouldn't let Amare go and replace him with Turkoglu, and wouldn't sell the draft picks.

  2. #52
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does this have to do with the discussion? They don't give rings to championship caliber teams, they give them to championship winning teams.

    I'm just confused more than anything why you think Steve Nash deserves a ring. Because he's fun to watch and you like him?
    It had everything to do with the discussion actually. You said If he plays on a championship team he'll win a ring. That's baby talk first of all. Let me ask the question this time. Does Reggie Miller deserve a ring?
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  3. #53

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It had everything to do with the discussion actually. You said If he plays on a championship team he'll win a ring. That's baby talk first of all. Let me ask the question this time. Does Reggie Miller deserve a ring?
    No. No one deserves a ring. You earn one if your team wins 16 games in the playoffs.

    Reggie Miller wasn't good enough to win a ring with the teams he had, neither was Nash. In fact, Nash is the only MVP in the history of the NBA to never play in a finals.

  4. #54
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. No one deserves a ring. You earn one if your team wins 16 games in the playoffs.
    Weak.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  5. #55

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What Nash does deserve though, is an opportunity to compete. He deserves a team that wouldn't let Joe Johnson go, wouldn't let Amare go and replace him with Turkoglu, and wouldn't sell the draft picks.
    Totally agree. I like Nash as a player (I just don't think he's as good as he's made out to be) and it's been a shame to watch the Suns continually trade away all their assets to cover costs when they should have been building a championship team.

  6. #56
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally agree. I like Nash as a player (I just don't think he's as good as he's made out to be) and it's been a shame to watch the Suns continually trade away all their assets to cover costs when they should have been building a championship team.
    I honestly have no interest in this debate with you if you think Reggie doesn't deserve a ring.

    Weak.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  7. #57
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly have no interest in this debate with you if you think Reggie doesn't deserve a ring.

    Weak.
    Doesn't everyone deserve a ring though? They are special because they are so hard to achieve.

    Just because you are a championship player doesn't mean you will win a championship. Teams win titles.

  8. #58
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't everyone deserve a ring though? They are special because they are so hard to achieve.

    Just because you are a championship player doesn't mean you will win a championship. Teams win titles.
    You will not ever convince me that all players deserve rings sarcastically. And I won't be convinced that certain players don't deserve them. When a player like Reggie dedicated his life to this team day in and day out, led Indiana to the finals, not to mention the sports peak of Indiana's history, doesn't deserve a ring. I'm done talking about this. Lol
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  9. #59
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You will not ever convince me that all players deserve rings sarcastically. And I won't be convinced that certain players don't deserve them. When a player like Reggie dedicated his life to this team day in and day out, led Indiana to the finals, not to mention the sports peak of Indiana's history, doesn't deserve a ring. I'm done talking about this. Lol
    I never said that Reggie doesn't deserve a ring. He is one of my favorite players.

    I would love to have seen him win a championship, but unfortunately he couldn't.

    I am just saying that there are many athletes like this. A player may deserve a ring, but one player can't win a championship.

  10. #60
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly have no interest in this debate with you if you think Reggie doesn't deserve a ring.

    Weak.
    Whose ring does he 'deserve'? One of Jordan's? Shaq's? Duncan's? Hakeem's?
    Or do you mean an anonymous ring? He can buy one of those in a jewelry shop.

    What Reggie deserves is a HOF induction. You can't 'deserve' a ring, unless maybe there's a legit case that a title was stolen from you by the refs (think 1972 Munich Olympics, USA-USSR).

  11. #61
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whose ring does he 'deserve'? One of Jordan's? Shaq's? Duncan's? Hakeem's?
    Or do you mean an anonymous ring? He can buy one of those in a jewelry shop.

    What Reggie deserves is a HOF induction. You can't 'deserve' a ring, unless maybe there's a legit case that a title was stolen from you by the refs (think 1972 Munich Olympics, USA-USSR).
    Very obnoxious comeback. He deserves a championship ring. He played in the era of Jordan and Kobe/Shaq. Too of the most highly big marketed teams. You can't tell me they weren't favored to win. But I won't blame that fully on favoring. I'm done on this topic. No need to argue about it. I'm gonna remain stubborn about this and go to sleep. Lol. Goodnight
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  12. #62
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    /facepalm

    I'm done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly have no interest in this debate
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm done talking about this. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very obnoxious comeback. He deserves a championship ring. He played in the era of Jordan and Kobe/Shaq. Too of the most highly big marketed teams. You can't tell me they weren't favored to win. But I won't blame that fully on favoring. I'm done on this topic. No need to argue about it. I'm gonna remain stubborn about this and go to sleep. Lol. Goodnight
    Heh ok, gn.

    I guess your point is then, if you replace Shaq or Jordan, or Hakeem, or Duncan with Reggie on one of those 92-03 title teams, Reggie wins a ring.
    I don't think so, but it doesn't matter. Noone deserves a ring for being a great player - ring is not an Oscar. You have Hall of Fame for that.

    Either way, this has gone too far off topic.
    I hope Nash rejoins the Mavs and has a few more contention runs with Dirk, Tyson Chandler, Butler and Marc Cuban.

  13. #63
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,588

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

    I still say that IF Nash was to be traded, he'd be going back to Dallas. A Kidd-for-Nash trade works straight up... though J-Kidd has looked pretty great so far in the playoffs for the Mavs after they gave him a few games' rest.

Similar Threads

  1. Insider 8/16/04
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 07:13 PM
  2. ESPN Insider 8/3/04
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:56 AM
  3. 8/2 - NBA Insider - Underachievers
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 02:34 PM
  4. Cuban on the Nash trade, inside in agents' ways
    By able in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 12:24 PM
  5. 3.4.2004
    By rushmore in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 04:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •