Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: The Colts 2011 Schedule

  1. #1

    Default The Colts 2011 Schedule

    http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=schedule

    2011 PRESEASON
    Radio Broadcast on Vectren Radio Network / 97.1 Hank FM / 1070 AM The Fan

    WK DATE OPPONENT TV Coverage
    1 8/13 @ St. Louis Rams 8:00 PM WNDY
    2 8/19 WASHINGTON REDSKINS 7:00 PM WNDY
    3 8/26 GREEN BAY PACKERS 8:00 PM CBS
    4 9/1 @ Cincinnati Bengals 7:00 PM WNDY




    2011 REGULAR SEASON
    Radio Broadcast on Vectren Radio Network / 97.1 Hank FM / 1070 AM The Fan

    WK DATE OPPONENT TV Coverage
    1 9/11 @ Houston Texans 1:00 PM CBS
    2 9/18 CLEVELAND BROWNS 1:00 PM CBS
    3 9/25 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 8:20 PM NBC
    4 10/3 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8:30 PM ESPN
    5 10/9 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 1:00 PM CBS
    6 10/16 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 PM CBS
    7 10/23 @ New Orleans Saints 8:20 PM NBC
    8 10/30 @ Tennessee Titans 1:00 PM CBS
    9 11/6 ATLANTA FALCONS 1:00 PM FOX
    10 11/13 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 1:00 PM CBS
    11 11/20 BYE - none
    12 11/27 CAROLINA PANTHERS 1:00 PM FOX
    13 12/4 @ New England Patriots 8:20 PM NBC
    14 12/11 @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 PM CBS
    15 12/18 TENNESSEE TITANS 1:00 PM CBS
    16 12/22 HOUSTON TEXANS 8:20 PM NFL Network
    17 1/1 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 PM CBS

    All times local to Indianapolis. Kickoff Times may change after Week 11 due to Flex Scheduling.
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 04-19-2011 at 08:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,542

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    Look like a pretty tough schedule. Not really any stretch of "easy" games.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  3. #3
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,276

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about this schedule. Hope we can pull off 11 wins somehow.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    The last 5 games are a tough stretch. What a great schedule. It will be a huge dissappointment if there is no football this season.

  5. #5
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The South Side
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,305
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    We're at home through the entire month of November. That's huge.

  6. #6
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,927

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    I heard Chappell on Dakich yesterday, and I agree with him that the schedule's not as bad as it's made out to be. Supposedly it's the fifth toughest, but I'm not scared of our division at all. Tennessee is in shambles, and Houston and Jacksonville are just waiting to get rid of their coaches. If we're the least bit healthy I don't see any of them being a problem.

    As for outside of the division, we get Pittsburgh, KC, and Atlanta at home. Tampa Bay took advantage of an easy schedule last year, they'll fall back to earth. That leaves New Orleans, New England, and Baltimore on the road. Not easy by any means, but the first two are at night, and as SportsGuy repeatedly says, don't bet against Peyton in a night game.

    Personally, I love the schedule, if for no other reason than we don't have any damn 4pm games. Of course, who knows if we'll get to play it.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  7. #7

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard Chappell on Dakich yesterday, and I agree with him that the schedule's not as bad as it's made out to be. Supposedly it's the fifth toughest, but I'm not scared of our division at all. Tennessee is in shambles, and Houston and Jacksonville are just waiting to get rid of their coaches. If we're the least bit healthy I don't see any of them being a problem.

    As for outside of the division, we get Pittsburgh, KC, and Atlanta at home. Tampa Bay took advantage of an easy schedule last year, they'll fall back to earth. That leaves New Orleans, New England, and Baltimore on the road. Not easy by any means, but the first two are at night, and as SportsGuy repeatedly says, don't bet against Peyton in a night game.

    Personally, I love the schedule, if for no other reason than we don't have any damn 4pm games. Of course, who knows if we'll get to play it.


    Yep I hate 4 PM games not only do the Colts not play as well in them but I hate having to plan around them. I tend to go work out after the 1 PM games. I rather not work out before the 4PM games too early for me.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    I was listening to Mark Patrick on Sports and he was interviewing Phillip B Wilson (Colts beat writer) Mark brought up an interesting point: The first week of the season has a lot of intriguing match-ups league wide. Is that set up to force the issue of hurrying up the CBA? I don't want to miss the Colts vs Pitt game.

  9. #9
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    The Colts are going to need to go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division if they want to make the playoffs because that schedule is BRUTAL.

    Pittsburgh, New England, New Orleans, and Baltimore are all losses while Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and Kansas City could go either way.

  10. #10
    the goat Haywoode Workman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Colts are going to need to go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division if they want to make the playoffs because that schedule is BRUTAL.

    Pittsburgh, New England, New Orleans, and Baltimore are all losses while Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and Kansas City could go either way.
    what?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:


  12. #11
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,493

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    No TV network carrying the bye week... I'm glad they included that info. Who woulda guessed that?

    For those that are going ahead and marking up wins and losses.... Sounds like the lockout won't be as bad as feared- We can just go ahead and mark those wins and losses without taking the field.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  13. #12
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Haywoode Workman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what?
    All of those teams are better than the Colts and 3 out of 4 are on the road.

    The game against the Steelers will be like Game 4 of the Pacers/Bulls playoff series this year.

  14. #13
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,179

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All of those teams are better than the Colts and 3 out of 4 are on the road.

    The game against the Steelers will be like Game 4 of the Pacers/Bulls playoff series this year.
    So we'll win it, you mean?

  15. #14
    the goat Haywoode Workman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All of those teams are better than the Colts and 3 out of 4 are on the road.

    The game against the Steelers will be like Game 4 of the Pacers/Bulls playoff series this year.
    in regards to the fans? i disagree, indianapolis loves the colts.

    and i also don't feel like those teams are especially better than the colts. you do remember we almost went 16-0 just a season ago right? we basically have the same team, if not better.

  16. #15
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,485

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    Wow that is a tough schedule. Hopefully the Colts don't have the injury bug this season, but even if they do, I cannot see them coming out with 12 wins any possible way... I'd see 10 at the most, which would be fine if they can get that much.

  17. #16
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Colts are going to need to go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division if they want to make the playoffs because that schedule is BRUTAL.

    Pittsburgh, New England, New Orleans, and Baltimore are all losses while Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and Kansas City could go either way.
    I'm not worried.

    I mean if you have Peyton Manning on your team, you have the chance to win every game.

    We managed to get 10 wins last year with half the team on the IR.

  18. #17
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,088

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    NFL schedule is pretty easy to predict. You play each team in your division twice. Which is 6 games.

    However you finish in your division, you play the 3 teams in your conference that finished the same place in their division which is 3 games and 9 games total

    You then play a rotation of divisions in the NFC, which this year is the NFC South (last year was East, year before was West, so in 2012 we'll get the NFC North) this is 4 games which takes us to 13.

    The other 3 games is a rotation of the AFC conference minus the team you're already playing due to them finishing 1st in their division like the Colts. AFC North.

  19. #18
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,088

    Default Re: The Colts 2011 Schedule

    So next year the schedule will look like this.

    Texans twice
    Jags twice
    Titans twice
    Bears
    Packers
    Lions
    Vikings
    Patriots
    Jets
    Dolphins
    Bills

    And then 1 team from both the AFC North, and AFC West that finish in the same divisional position as the Colts do in the South

Similar Threads

  1. Trey Mock aka "Blue" will lead the Colts on the field on Sunday
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 12:31 AM
  2. Summer 2011
    By PacerPride33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 07:51 PM
  3. The Pacers: Moving or Staying?
    By 1984 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 10:36 AM
  4. Colts quietly stockpile talent in draft
    By McClintic Sphere in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 05:14 PM
  5. Colts not expecting draft day trade for James
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 12:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •