Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carlos Boozer Rebounding Techniques

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Carlos Boozer Rebounding Techniques

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I'm ridiculous and we'll have to agree to disagree.

That is kool, but why is he not tough? I mean we are complaining about Boozer throwing 6'11" guys out of bounds. You and I sure as hell can't do that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    That is kool, but why is he not tough? I mean we are complaining about Boozer throwing 6'11" guys out of bounds. You and I sure as hell can't do that.
    When a guy is about to jump and you shove him in the small of the back I don't consider that tough. I consider that cheap and garbage. It's not like he's just getting position, he is blatantly taking two hands and shoving. A lot.

Of course, compared to you and I he's tough, but we aren't out there. They are all tough compared to us.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

Apparantly this is nothing new. Even the Zen Master got fired up about it before in 2008. If Phil couldn't get it stopped, then it's going to keep happening. The Pacers should adopt this same policy on their home court.

http://articles.ocregister.com/2008-...n-referee-guys

Phil Jackson says Carlos Boozer is still pushing guys

May 10, 2008|By Property of The OC RegisterSALT LAKE CITY -- Before heading up here, Phil Jackson was asked about getting fined by the NBA for criticizing referee performance at Utah Jazz home games, and he smiled and said: "I have amnesia about that situation."

Perhaps that moment in the final minutes of the game Friday night when Jackson saw Carlos Boozer shove Derek Fisher aside, accept the ball and hit a jumper gave Jackson more clarity of mind. Or maybe it was Jackson practically running after referee Monty McCutchen on the sideline after that play. (I say "practically," because Jackson's can't really run anymore, even though he's wearing those sneaker-style dress shoes again with his suits because his hips are hurting.)

Anyway, here's what Jackson said today when told Utah coach Jerry Sloan wasn't happy with some things Kobe Bryant might be getting away with: "He (Sloan) can't even open his mouth to speak about that the way Boozer pushes and shoves out there. I mean, he got away with all his pushes (Friday night) that he was getting called on in L.A., so in that regard you just let it go and say the stars get to play their games and the other guys have to keep their hands to themselves."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kraut N Beer For This Useful Post:

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

[QUOTE=15th parallel;1219003]I'm thinking that if Hans would try to "flop", meaning instead of resisting the force on his back, he'll just let himself fall after the push. Would the referees call a loose ball foul on Boozer? [QUOTE]

I have a hard time imagining Tyler flopping on the floor like a hooked trout...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

All I hope for is that the NBA realizes one day that a foul is a foul regardless of the superstar or bench player committing it

I think what it comes down to is that the officials think too much of themselves. Once a player is allowed to do something on a consistent basis, then the refs will not stop it. They think it will make them look too stupid and destroy any credibility. Because atleast now they can still say, well I didn't see that on that play, or well you were there right in front of the action. Think if they started consistently calling
    Boozer for the pushes, the league would oust them for being terrible refs.

What i hate most about Boozer is the head shaking tongue out lion roar he does just because he was able to get away with an offensive foul and make a basket.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

the pacers just need to get tough and grab the rebounds. the Pacers were pushing the Bulls around as well. i would like to see Paul George become much more agressive rebounding the ball. he has the hight and the jump to become an effective rebounder. he needs to embrace the role of defensive stopper.

Quote Originally Posted by IndySDExport View Post
    What's chiding me now about Booze:

Not only does he blatantly push our players out of position for rebounds,

but each defensive rebound he grabs is accompanied by a "Give me that ******!!!" scream. I've heard it several times during the live broadcasts. He's a whiner when he doesn't get calls and a a$$ when he grabs a board. I just want Tyler to posterize him (often) and scream "Should have stayed in Cleveland!" Each and every time.
    says something about the chicago crowd that we can hear him.

Suck it bulls

Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    the pacers just need to get tough and grab the rebounds. the Pacers were pushing the Bulls around as well. i would like to see Paul George become much more agressive rebounding the ball. he has the hight and the jump to become an effective rebounder. he needs to embrace the role of defensive stopper.
    I give up. I'm just saying that to me, "toughness" is not pushing someone from behind when they are about to go up.

I'm fine that people think that I am whining, but just do me the favor of keeping your eyes on Boozer down low when a shot goes up. Hopefully, that will change your mind.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    No, not really. Lakers, Heat and Celtics are better TV draws. The Bulls were only on ABC 2 times this year, while the lakers were on 6 times, Magic, Celtics and Heat were all on 5 times. No other teams were on more than twice.
    Fair point.

I guess what I was trying to say is that if given the option to either give the CHICAGO Bulls or the INDIANA Pacers an advantage via officiating, the NBA would obviously rather have Chicago advance for viewing number/$ reasons.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

I'm not sure what the debate is about on this thread.

Anyone playing sports for any length of time can tell you the difference between tough and dirty is really quite significant. Is Boozer tough? I imagine so. But then, I believe Hans is too.

Is Boozer dirty? Wow. You bet. But there is even a distinction to be made in dirty play, because there's lots of dirty moves that are just nauseating and meant to offend and distract the other player.

Then there is the kind of dirty that is illegal for a very good reason; it can hurt people. That is the kind of dirty Boozer is. Watch him play. It is obvious. I see even Phil Jackson mentioned it.

The way you stop is do the same thing. If the refs call you on it point out Boozers technique to them.
    Don't let the refs off the hook.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have noticed this since game 1.

TO me thing means two things:

1. NBA refs suck and are idiots (a possibility)

2. NBA refs have gotten used to his play and just accept it (a possibility)

3 The refs are crooked (oh no, we cannot talk about this.)

I would not be surprised to see it be a mixture of any of the above.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IndySDExport View Post
    What's chiding me now about Boozer
    No.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chide
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Hey.. They finally called the push in the back in Game 5. Took them long enough.

They've been calling it better than I expected. In all truthfulness, I think Boozer's presence hampers the Bulls, so I am okay with the occasional missed shove or elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Anything relevant to the -- you know -- basketball topic? Whoops, sorry, sentence fragment. Oh, damn, did it again.

Funny reading all the negatives about Boozer yelling or flopping or being dirty, when Hansbrough looks for the flop or over exaggerates every time down the floor on defense. Boozer is no more dirty than mcroberts(who just got thrown out).. he lost his cool becuase noah fed him some of the medicine that the pacers have been giving the bulls all series, except he wasnt mature or well coached enough to take it. series over pacers. have a good summer.