Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Boozer Rebounding Techniques

Default Carlos Boozer Rebounding Techniques

I am not hear to complaing about the refs, just merely want to share an observation from the last couple games.

I have noticed Boozer on multiple plays just putting both forearms or hands on our player's back and just pushing them way out of position. I haven't really noticed it before. Or, when players have been driving to the bucket he will push our players out of position with that same technique.

can't really find highlights of a player rebounding but here is one example from game 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZedIJ3TJjc

watch as rose finishes the play and gets fouled

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wseward For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Carlos Boozer Rebounding Techniques

He and Noah both are constantly just shoving people in the back. If you don't think it's happening, start watching for it. It's ridiculous.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Is that legal?

In regards to Boozer...I noticed that there is some tension building between Hansbrough and Boozer....as Webber noted...maybe more of a Duke/UNC rivalry there. My impression is that Hansbrough is getting under Boozer's skin as he and Foster are the only 2 Players in the Frontcourt that won't get pushed around in the paint due to their strength.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry it's so fuzzy, but I took a screen shot of Boozer shoving Hans. It's ridiculous how blatant it is. It's not incidental at all. You would think someone would notice this.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No, its not legal at all. Your not allowed to shove the guy off his spot. He and Noah have been doing it all series. This is something I have noticed and definitely goes into why I think they allow Chicago to play more physical than the Pacers. Hans and Hibbert get called for a foul if the do that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Sorry it's so fuzzy, but I took a screen shot of Boozer shoving Hans. It's ridiculous how blatant it is. It's not incidental at all. You would think someone would notice this.
    Oh everyone notices it, they just don't care.

Remember, the Bulls are NBA darlings this year.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

What's chiding me now about Booze:

Not only does he blatantly push our players out of position for rebounds,

but each defensive rebound he grabs is accompanied by a "Give me that ******!!!" scream. I've heard it several times during the live broadcasts. He's a whiner when he doesn't get calls and a a$$ when he grabs a board. I just want Tyler to posterize him (often) and scream "Should have stayed in Cleveland!" Each and every time.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndySDExport For This Useful Post:

Anyone have the replays of when Hansbrough ( GM 1 ) and Foster ( GM 2 ) were both shoved out of bounds?

I mentioned in another thread about this being the reason why the Bulls are getting so many offensive rebounds.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by IndySDExport View Post
    What's chiding me now about Booze:

Not only does he blatantly push our players out of position for rebounds,

but each defensive rebound he grabs is accompanied by a "Give me that ******!!!" scream. I've heard it several times during the live broadcasts. He's a whiner when he doesn't get calls and a a$$ when he grabs a board. I just want Tyler to posterize him (often) and scream "Should have stayed in Cleveland!" Each and every time.
    Have you ever seen Hansbrough grab...no RIP...a rebound away from a defender when going for the ball inside the paint?

Hansbrough has the same exact attitude when it comes to grabbing a rebound...it's his ball and no one will take it away from him without getting a razor sharp elbow to the face. When you see Hansbrough grab a rebound....you'll know what I'm talking about.

Personally, I'm waiting for Hansbrough to really mix it up with Boozer and lay him out when he sharply swing those elbows of his at eye level. They already have been doing it in the 1st 2 games. What I love about Hansbrough is that he don't care who you are....he's going to be physical with you inside the paint.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Have you ever seen Hansbrough grab...no RIP...a rebound away from a defender when going for the ball inside the paint?

Hansbrough has the same exact attitude when it comes to grabbing a rebound...it's his ball and no one will take it away from him without getting a razor sharp elbow to the face. When you see Hansbrough grab a rebound....you'll know what I'm talking about.

Personally, I'm waiting for Hansbrough to really mix it up with Boozer and lay him out when he sharply swing those elbows of his at eye level. They already have been doing it in the 1st 2 games. What I love about Hansbrough is that he don't care who you are....he's going to be physical with you inside the paint.
    Well thats not the problem, the problem is Boozer feels the need to yell "Gimmie that ****!" on all his rebounds. It can be heard clearly on tv and is pretty damn annoying to listen to.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Well thats not the problem, the problem is Boozer feels the need to yell "Gimmie that ****!" on all his rebounds. It can be heard clearly on tv and is pretty damn annoying to listen to.
    I'm telling you..one day, Hansbrough and Boozer are going to mix it up while going for a rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm telling you..one day, Hansbrough and Boozer are going to mix it up while going for a rebound.
    I hope they do and I think Tyler will come out on the better end. UNC vs Duke, Pacer vs Bull, the story line is there already.

I thought Boozer was pretty cheap the way he shoved Tyler from behind in Game 1 when Tyler had the breakaway dunk.

Boozer = fake tough.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Boozer is fake tough and while he can catch you on a bad night, you rarely see him go toe to toe with someone, especially in the playoffs. I hope he doesn't let his mouth get the best of him and **** of Hansbrough, who is certifiably crazy.

this is playoff basketball. of course there is going to be pushing. the idea is to get the guys on your team that are the best pushers. watch jeff some time, he does the same thing. tyler and roy have to become the pusher instead of the pushee. the sin here is not the push, but getting pushed out of position.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I never really watched Boozer all that close, until this series... I've been losing respect for him with each game as I watch how he conducts himself as a person and a player. It takes a lot for me to say that... I generally like everyone lol. He's damn near "putz" status with me.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    this is playoff basketball. of course there is going to be pushing. the idea is to get the guys on your team that are the best pushers. watch jeff some time, he does the same thing. tyler and roy have to become the pusher instead of the pushee. the sin here is not the push, but getting pushed out of position.
    No, the push is not a sin. It's a foul. That's what it should be called as. Regular season, playoffs, whatever the blatant shove from behind is a foul.

I'm all for physical play, but that ***** is garbage.
    Last edited by BPump33; 04-19-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    It is one thing to try and move the player into a bad position with your body, another to just push him out of the way. You are talking about the former, and everyone else is talking about the latter.

I'm thinking that if Hans would try to "flop", meaning instead of resisting the force on his back, he'll just let himself fall after the push. Would the referees call a loose ball foul on Boozer?

The problem in this series is, if Hans, Foster, or anybody on the Pacers will do that, it's a foul. That is why it's hard for them to do that, because when they do the same they'll be in foul trouble.

Mood

Boozer makes Bosh look like Dale Davis when it comes to toughness.

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Plain and simple: Boozer is a punk B*tch. He screams like a b*tch every time he goes through the paint. Tries to act tough with his "gimme that s***" talk, and uses the entire Punk Move book and I hope Tyler exposes this fools lack of integrity to play a man's sport.

/endrant
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

The push is clearly a foul, and Boozer does it all the time.

What is worse is when Boozer punches Tyler in the small of the back. I've seen him do it a number of times. You can injure someone like that.

What Tyler can not do is allow him to manhandle him. It is an alpha male thing pure and simple. If someone gets hurt, the refs are going to take a shellacking.

If I was Vogel or Bird, I'd be all over this to the NBA. Boozer is going to hurt someone unless Hans punches him in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Oh everyone notices it, they just don't care.

Remember, the Bulls are NBA darlings this year.

No, not really. Lakers, Heat and Celtics are better TV draws. The Bulls were only on ABC 2 times this year, while the lakers were on 6 times, Magic, Celtics and Heat were all on 5 times. No other teams were on more than twice.

Mood

Yeah the TV thing is because nobody expected the Bulls to be as good as they have been. It is not an indication of the NBA's love for Michael Jordan bandwagon fans.

As for Boozer. This is the playoffs. You bring it every single time. You do what the refs let you get away with. I don't blame Boozer. Boozer is as tough as it gets. Period. I know this is one of those Pacer homer threads. I get that. I am rooting for the Pacers too, but to say that Boozer isn't tough is beyond ridiculous. He is one of the best rebounders in the game. He is one of the nicest guys there is off the court, from what I hear. I would take him on the Pacers any day. He is actually the player that I correlated to being Tyler's upside. I hope Tyler is as good in the pick and roll some day. I hope he is as good of a rebounder. Tyler is already showing the same leadership and lack of vertical that Boozer has displayed over his career.

Guys, its the playoffs. The game is more physical. Either sack up or go home. Hansborough isn't complaining and that is why I really like the kid. Foster will ***** but its because he is a 12 year veteran with a little pull from the officials. They both have done a great job being physical with Boozer. It isn't too often a couple of young kids and a wiley vet play up to the level of toughness of a guy like Boozer. I like what I am seeing from our front court, regardless of officiating.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    Yeah the TV thing is because nobody expected the Bulls to be as good as they have been. It is not an indication of the NBA's love for Michael Jordan bandwagon fans.

As for Boozer. This is the playoffs. You bring it every single time. You do what the refs let you get away with. I don't blame Boozer. Boozer is as tough as it gets. Period. I know this is one of those Pacer homer threads. I get that. I am rooting for the Pacers too, but to say that Boozer isn't tough is beyond ridiculous. He is one of the best rebounders in the game. He is one of the nicest guys there is off the court, from what I hear. I would take him on the Pacers any day. He is actually the player that I correlated to being Tyler's upside. I hope Tyler is as good in the pick and roll some day. I hope he is as good of a rebounder. Tyler is already showing the same leadership and lack of vertical that Boozer has displayed over his career.

Guys, its the playoffs. The game is more physical. Either sack up or go home. Hansborough isn't complaining and that is why I really like the kid. Foster will ***** but its because he is a 12 year veteran with a little pull from the officials. They both have done a great job being physical with Boozer. It isn't too often a couple of young kids and a wiley vet play up to the level of toughness of a guy like Boozer. I like what I am seeing from our front court, regardless of officiating.
    Bolded parts:

That's what I'm complaining about, that the refs are letting him do it.

I guess I'm ridiculous and we'll have to agree to disagree.

I agree and I'm glad Tyler isn't complaining. We are fans, we can't get him back on the court. Sadly, this is our court.

But I do understand your points.
    Last edited by BPump33; 04-20-2011 at 09:36 AM.