Thread: Yahoo Sports: Peyton Hillis or Michael Vick will be on the cover of Madden 12

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Yahoo Sports: Peyton Hillis or Michael Vick will be on the cover of Madden 12

By Chris Chase

Letting people vote for things is how America ended up with Jimmy Carter, purple M&Ms and Taylor Hicks. It's also why EA Sports will be stuck with either Michael Vick(notes) or Peyton Hillis(notes) (yes, Peyton Hillis) on the cover of Madden '12.

The two players are in the finals of the Madden '12 cover vote, having made it through four rounds of a 32-player bracket on ESPN.com. From now until April 27, fans can vote for either the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback or the Cleveland Browns running back as the new cover athlete for the biggest video game in sports. The winner will be announced that afternoon on "SportsNation."

Vick was a No. 3 seed in his 16-player bracket and easily outpaced DeMarcus Ware(notes), Andre Johnson(notes), Patrick Willis(notes) and Adrian Peterson to reach the final. The 10th-seeded Hillis had a Butler-like run through his bracket, squeaking through an early matchup against Matt Ryan(notes) and then upsetting top-seeded Aaron Rodgers(notes) to reach the final.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-8318469

Default Re: Yahoo Sports: Peyton Hillis or Michael Vick will be on the cover of Madden 12

NO PLEASE NOT MICHAEL VICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was going to be Jamaal Charles of KC.

With a lockout, why are they making the game now?
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Default Re: Yahoo Sports: Peyton Hillis or Michael Vick will be on the cover of Madden 12

I'm rooting for Hillis - It'd be something that Cleveland can honestly say that they won.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

If the Madden Curse is alive and well I say Michael Vick I rather have him cursed than Peyton Hillis

As long as a Colt isn't on there I don't care either way

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO PLEASE NOT MICHAEL VICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was going to be Jamaal Charles of KC.

With a lockout, why are they making the game now?
    why would they not make the game they still have the rights to all the rookies and player . The game dosent come out till August 30th. If they didnt make the game EA would go broke and woud be a stupid move.

EA is in no danger of going broke if they didn't put out a new Madden game.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quite a turnaround for Mike Vick. Goes from one of the most hated into one of the most popular. He did his time and I'm glad that people have given him this second chance. He lead in pro bowl votes too didnt he?

Also he would be the first to be on the cover twice. I just hope there is no curse the second time.

If they do choose Michael Vick, there's going to be a ton of controversy about it.

Peyton Hillis wouldn't be a bad pick. He had a nice season, but the Browns still sucked.

I'd love if Matt Ryan would be on the cover.

The most underrated QB in the NFL.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

I already voted for Hilis. Here's where you can vote:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Dawg Pound vs. The Dog Killer.

......Too soon?

Mike Vick already has a cover, so I would like to see it go to Hillis.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

My best friend is a diehard Browns fan and they, as a collective, desperately want Hillis to get on the cover. I'm behind it, too. Watching my buddy be miserable throughout the football season makes me feel lucky to be a Colts fan. Browns fans deserve something random and awesome like Hillis on the cover. Vick's been on the cover before and let's be honest - Hillis is more inspiring as a character guy than Vick. I hope "the other Peyton" can pull it out.