Thread: The last 6 or 7 minutes....of game 2

Default The last 6 or 7 minutes....of game 2

Prior to the last 6 or 7 minutes, mike dunleavy was playing great. Shooting and passing the ball. I think he got 4 assists from mid 3rd and 4th quarter. The offense was fluid when he was in the game.

I hope coach frank figures out who to finish the game. Its a dilemma who to sub because paul george needs to be there to guard rose. I also dont know if he can risk to sub granger.

Default Re: The last 6 or 7 minutes....of game 2

Honestly, Mike Dunleavy and Josh McRoberts run an offense together better than any point guard in this league. When they are on and connecting, it's really a fantastic thing to watch.

But here's the problem...you take Paul George out, and that means AJ guards Derrick Rose in the clutch. How about no. The other option is to take Granger out..also not going to happen.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Late in a game, you go with what brought you and last night Paul George's defense and Granger's offense had "brought" us.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

While I like the idea of keeping George out there for defense at crunch time, his in-experience kinda hurts because the Bulls will seize on that and take advantage of it if they can.

I think perhaps a better crunch-time trio would be Granger (2), Hans (4) and Dahntey Jones (3). This way, you retain the ability to post-up or dribble-drive from the 3 w/Dahntey, you get free Granger who can take Deng 1-on-1, and you still have Hans out there to run PnR plays off us. More to the point, you bring an experienced player off the bench to defend Rose just as good as George was able to do just in a shorter timeframe. And if you need someone to create spacing for himself and get to the line, Dahntey has shown he is capable of doing that while finishing at the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, Mike Dunleavy and Josh McRoberts run an offense together better than any point guard in this league. When they are on and connecting, it's really a fantastic thing to watch.

But here's the problem...you take Paul George out, and that means AJ guards Derrick Rose in the clutch. How about no. The other option is to take Granger out..also not going to happen.

Mike and Jeff are pretty good together as well.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

That's really a lot of the issue, it isn't so much individual skillsets as mixing them to field consistently solid lineups.

We're far better off than we were last year, when we essentially had a roster of one-dimensional players who could do one thing well apiece but couldn't make a well-rounded lineup.

Today, we have players with at least two dimensions but not enough with 3 to allow it to be easy to mix-and-match the rest.

Makes it very hard to play the best guy at doing X because then you can't play the best guy at doing Y.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I do think both Dunleavy and Rush should have received more minutes last night. George did seem to be getting tired towards the end, which might have been part of the reason for switching Granger onto Rose. Playing Rush (or Jones) more, and having him guard Rose may have allowed George to be more effective at the end. Also after Collison went down I thought our best line-up was when Hibbert and Granger were not on the court.