Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok, for those of you that watched every playoff game over the weekend

Default Re: Ok, for those of you that watched every playoff game over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The best one was when we were in the middle of just getting ROLLED on the boards and Vogel goes, "WE'RE A BETTER REBOUNDING TEAM THAN THEM! *Points at Roy* Look at how big you are! *points at Tyler* You should be getting boards too! *Points at Danny and Paul* And you guys you're the tallest people on the wing! *Points at DC* And, uh, you'll get some rebounds too!"

I would have laughed if when he got to Collison, he would have said, well you just do the best you can and cracked a smile.

Actually what impressed me more was his emphasis on continuing to work the offense for the full 24 seconds - epecially late in the shot clock.
    That is a huge key to scoring on the Bulls

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ok, for those of you that watched every playoff game over the weekend

He also made a great point during our surge, that we were defending well and then not bailing them out with fouls late in the shot clock.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

The best one was when we were in the middle of just getting ROLLED on the boards and Vogel goes, "WE'RE A BETTER REBOUNDING TEAM THAN THEM! *Points at Roy* Look at how big you are! *points at Tyler* You should be getting boards too! *Points at Danny and Paul* And you guys you're the tallest people on the wing! *Points at DC* And, uh, you'll get some rebounds too!"
    That was hilarious. Probably my favorite Vogel quote.

What was interesting to me, was..as much as they kept talking about the Bulls, it was the Pacers huddle that they were focusing on. And I think the commentators were very impressed with Vogel. The comment they made after he said this quote was "Does he know that the Bulls are the best rebounding team in the league?"

Vogel is so good for this young team. He may not be experienced "enough" but he's sure got these kids believing they can beat the Bulls.
    Last edited by Sookie; 04-18-2011 at 04:51 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I remember that, and when he got to DC he just kind said something along the lines of "You will earn some, kep crashign the boards"

Not sure if we will keep him, but man I really like him as a coach.

Kinda intrigues me how tried to JOB he is, an how tied NBA assistant coaches are to a NBA head coach

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    what was the best game?

What suprised you the most?

Who had the best individual day?

Who was worse than you thought?

What star player didn't shine?

Any other thoughts?

I'm looking at you Uncle Buck, Kstat, etc.
    Best game: Bulls-Pacers

Surprise: Hornets beating the Lakers

Best individual: Chris Paul

Worse than I thought: Carlos Boozer

Star player not shining: Pau Gasol

Other thoughts: Many surprise performances for me. How about Tyler Hansbrough, Thaddeus Young, Kirk Hinrich, Jason Kidd, Shane Battier, Aaron Gray, and Jermaine O'Neal.

Spurs may be in big trouble if Ginobili doesn't play.
    Thought the biggest difference in the Hawks - Magic game was the Hawks offense.
    Bulls need Boozer to step up, or they're basically the Cavs from the last 2 seasons.
    Knicks blew a big time opportunity.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    what was the best game?

What suprised you the most?

Who had the best individual day?

Who was worse than you thought?

What star player didn't shine?

Any other thoughts?
    1) Nuggets vs Thunder was best overall game from start to finish, unfortunately the goaltending non-call hurt the game.

2) I thought the playoff first round was going to be mostly blowout rounds (and still may be) but every game was competitive outside of the Hawks/Magic game, and 45 minutes of the Bulls/Pacers game, really if the Pacers had held on to win it would have been one of the boring games of the weekend.

3) Chris Paul would be the easy answer, but to me it was Randolph/Gasol combo of Memphis that surprised me the most, just how effective they were in the paint.

4) Who is worse, hmm there's a lot of answers but the supporting casts of the Bulls/Magic/Lakers were all very dissapointing.

5) Since most of the stars shined in the first game, I'll say Dwyane Wade, as again Kobe is the easy answer though he still had 35 points.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

The Mavericks and Trail Blazers was fun to watch.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Best Game: Hornets/Lakers (mostly bc I hate LA and my roommate is a Lakers fan)

Biggest surprise: Lakers playing like zombies. Honorable mention goes to Z Bo.

Best individual day: Kevin Durant

Worse than expected: San Antonio's defense

Star that didn't shine: Pau Gasol

Random thoughts: This weekend kind of had that first round NCAA tournament feel to it.

MarvelousMarvin

The only game I didn't watch was the first half of the Heat vs. 76ers because I was so upset about or game.

Best Game: Hornets/Lakers watching CP3 playing like that is sooooo fun.

Biggest surprise: Jason Kidd being able to shoot the ball.

Best individual day: CP3

Worse than expected: Hedo, J-Rich, Gilbert not showing up for game 1.

Star that didn't shine: Pau Gasol, wow he was bad.

Random thoughts: CP3 is still the best point guard, Kobe and Gasol need to hug each other or something it seems like they have a major love hate relationship.