Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hansbrough!

Default Re: Hansbrough!

Aside from his improvements, did anybody expect him to win the matchup against Boozer? It's just 1 game, but still it's a major development since everybody is just saying how Boozer will kill Hans on both ends of the floor, but it didn't happen as expected. Chicago may be adjusting now to Tyler, and this will make things easier for the other guys, especially Roy, DC and Danny.

Kid M said......"We weren't supposed to be leading by 10 with 3 to go, but there's Hansbrough coming back from being almost knocked unconscious to steal the ball at the top of the key (how often do you see a PF do that?) and thunder down the court for a huge dunk and-1 that sent the Chicago fans reeling. That happened with 3 minutes to go in a playoff game against the best team in the league on their home court. Don't think this guy has a killer instinct or the heart of a champion?"

The foul on that play came very close to being dirty. Boozer pushed very hard on Tyler
    low and if he had not hung on the rim would have caused an ugly fall.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

3. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The foul on that play came very close to being dirty. Boozer pushed very hard on Tyler
    low and if he had not hung on the rim would have caused an ugly fall.
    Yeah, I was just talking about this with a guy from my office. I'm glad we got the And 1, but that almost a horribly dirty play. I had flashbacks of Bogut when that happened.

I had always hoped that Tyler would be a smaller version of Jeff Foster with offense. We are seeing more signs of this.

Outside of their intensity, I don't see any similarities between Jeff and Tyler.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Outside of their intensity, I don't see any similarities between Jeff and Tyler.
    I mean this as no disrespect to the great career that Foster has had but if Tyler does not have a signifacantly better career I will be dissapointed.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I mean this as no disrespect to the great career that Foster has had but if Tyler does not have a signifacantly better career I will be dissapointed.
    Agreed.

And even on the intensity front, I think Tyler is significantly more intense. Jeff definitely knows how to put in work, but Tyler is a man. Watching Deng try to shove him and then Tyler barely move as Deng sort of got this "Oh **** did I just pick a fight I definitely can't win?" face was priceless.

Vogel said it one way, "Nobody wants to play Tyler Hansbrough." I'll amend it, I think soon no one will want to even **** with Tyler Hansbrough.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Idk if this has been said somewhere yet, but the best moment of Saturday's game for me was seeing Tyler walk back out of the locker room. I don't think I was alone in thinking we could've seen the last of Pyscho T for a long time.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    Idk if this has been said somewhere yet, but the best moment of Saturday's game for me was seeing Tyler walk back out of the locker room. I don't think I was alone in thinking we could've seen the last of Pyscho T for a long time.
    I wanted to make that picture of the back of his jersey walking out my avatar, but I couldn't find the picture.

I thought it was cool the way the camera immediately zoomed back in on Tyler and even the announcers acknowledged it as a big moment. It was just nice to have that sort of feeling again. Tyler could have thrown on a superman cape at that point.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

i hope he plays much better tonight!!!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Considering their relative draft positions, I don't think anyone would disagree. I mean, man, we could have kept Vonteego Cummings...

However, I think it is no disrespect to Tyler to compare them in terms of intensity and work ethic, or to compare their dedication to doing what they have to do on the floor. The fact that Jeff's talent level is lower shouldn't make any difference when looking at those attributes.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Here's the dirty little secret about Hansbrough: he's actually plenty athletic. Seriously. He has really good lateral quickness, and is quicker than most other Power Forwards in the league. And while he's not the explosive guy in the league, he can certainly get up there when required. (See posterization of Stoudemire, Amare)

His problem is and forever will be his height. I'm pretty sure Paul George is taller than him at this point. If he were two inches taller, we would be talking about a franchise player, an All-Star year after year. He got used to destroying players in college that were either about his height or players that were taller, but much less skilled comparatively. Now he has to play against players who are not only taller, but more skilled than him. The reason I believe he still might be the answer at PF is his competitiveness. He will find a way to score, whether it be at the post or in on the top of the key. It may not work every night, but i still believe he can put up impressive numbers.
    I have high expectations for him next year. I expect him to work to get that jumper down pat. I'd like to see him take it to the hole faster against taller players, and work on finishing the contested layups he gets. (His really should have had that layup in the 4th qtr on Saturday) And that's just on the offensive end. Anyway if there is anyone who could make that jump, it's Hansbrough.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Considering their relative draft positions, I don't think anyone would disagree. I mean, man, we could have kept Vonteego Cummings...

However, I think it is no disrespect to Tyler to compare them in terms of intensity and work ethic, or to compare their dedication to doing what they have to do on the floor. The fact that Jeff's talent level is lower shouldn't make any difference when looking at those attributes.
    Thanks BillS. That's what I meant. But come on Trader Joe! Really, no similarities? Something else that is not to be discounted is offensive rebounding prowess, which Tyler has and should only get better. I have seen games where Tyler has led the team in that category in games where he's logged limited minutes, similar to Jeff.
    Last edited by joeyd; 04-18-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Thanks BillS. That's what I meant. But come on Trader Joe! Really, no similarities? Something else that is not to be discounted is offensive rebounding prowess, which Tyler has and should only get better. I have seen games where Tyler has led the team in that category in games where he's logged limited minutes, similar to Jeff.
    Bird even said after he drafted Tyler that he looked at him as a Jeff Foster with better offensive skills (or something like that).
    So, to me what you said was not a disrespect at all. I love Jeff because of the way he plays. I love Tyler because of the way he plays AND his skill set!

I will say one thing... I think Hansbrough might be the fastest 6'9 250 big man I have seen in a long time. Boozer had no shot at catching him after Tyler stole the ball.

Tyler is quickly making a name for himself. His intensity is intimidating to other, more laid back players. They don't know how to handle him. Tyler never stops. I thought his best play was the lose ball he chased down, and threw it off the Bulls player. Hansbrough wanted that ball more than anything. The debate has been settled. Tyler > Blair.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

At 6:23 pm on Monday night, I am really glad to see no threads talking about Tyler sitting out tonight's game or being diagnosed with some kind of head problem.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

25. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Was I the only one hoping that the last couple of possessions would go through Tyler's hands?
    Nope.

I'd like to see that change in tonight's game or future games.

If Hans can't make something happen at the end, give Danny another chance. But Danny blew it on Saturday.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown