Things to be positive about:
1. Tyler Hansbrough is making a name for himself. There's regular basketball and there's big time basketball. Tyler is showing up for the big time, and we really shouldn't be surprised. He is a proven commodity on this account, and this is precisely why Bird drafted him. (On this same note, AJ Price has also shown up in big games in college. I'd like to see him play down the stretch.)
2. Tyler's media star power gives us a little something to compete with regarding the Rose love fest. (I watched the game at a sports bar in Maryland. Some guy said, "Indiana who?" He wasn't familiar with the Pacers. Then he saw Tyler's face on the screen. "Oh, there's that Hansbrough kid.")
3. The Bulls may get lulled to sleep. The next time we get a lead in the 4th quarter, they may assume they will simply pull it out down the stretch. But maybe not.
4. Frank Vogel seems like a pretty darn good coach.
5. We just gave the best team in the league their money's worth. We belong in the playoffs.
6. Paul George and several other young players are getting bona fide playoff experience.
7. We are not backing down. Tyler resurrected from the head wound. Vogel got a tech for a good reason. Tyler smashmouthed a Rose drive and did not back down from Luol Deng's pitiful push and technical foul. They will not win simply from intimidation and reputation.
8. This near win was ON THE ROAD. We have another chance Monday, then two chances at home. Go Pacers.