Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: why they stop passing to tyler....trade granger pls nx yr....

Default Re: why they stop passing to tyler....trade granger pls nx yr....

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually no I know exactly who I want to trade him for, and I never said anything about trading him just to trade him. I wouldn't want to trade him for equal I want to trade him for something better otherwise there is absolutely no reason to trade him.
    And who do you have in mind?

And why would the other team want to acquire a player that's not as good as what they have?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Monta is actually one of the toughest players in the NBA, he gets fouled hard almost every game and doesn't stop attacking the rim.
    No doubt, Monta can score the rock.

But do you really see a team threatening to win it all with him as the best player? Cause I don't. And if you don't either, then why is it a step forward?

I can see Danny doing well as a second option. Monta seems like a guy that needs to be a first option.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    No doubt, Monta can score the rock.

But do you really see a team threatening to win it all with him as the best player? Cause I don't. And if you don't either, then why is it a step forward?

I can see Danny doing well as a second option. Monta seems like a guy that needs to be a first option.
    My point is to someway somehow we try to get Monta to play with Danny, a line up of DC,Monta,Danny,Hans,Roy could be nice.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My point is to someway somehow we try to get Monta to play with Danny, a line up of DC,Monta,Danny,Hans,Roy could be nice.
    I'd prefer to let Paul George mature.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I'd prefer to let Paul George mature.
    I like PG but if you have a chance to get a guy that scores close to 25ppg you do it, Monta and Rose are similar players and I don't know about you but I would trade anybody for Rose, if we are able to keep Danny,DC,Roy and Tyler you make that deal happen.

I wouldn't trade PG for Monta. PG will end up better, and much more of a team player.

I like PG but if you have a chance to get a guy that scores close to 25ppg you do it, Monta and Rose are similar players and I don't know about you but I would trade anybody for Rose, if we are able to keep Danny,DC,Roy and Tyler you make that deal happen.

Wait are we talking about Rose or Monta here? Rose, I would trade anyone on our roster for. Monta, not so much

Last edited by judicata; 04-17-2011 at 02:03 AM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to judicata For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    Because the best defensive team in the league eventually adjusts. . .

I don't know why people can't see this. The fact is they DId try to go to Tyler.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Monta can score the ball but I think he's kinda overshooting, and is undersized. If we have a DC/Monta/Granger/Tyler/Hibbert lineup we will not be that good. Firstly you'll have 4 players who are a lot more offensive minded than defensive minded (DC/Monta/Granger/Tyler - Granger is the best defender among these, and we all know Granger's defense comes and goes).
    The thing about Monta is that he's sort of "fearless" and can close out games, which is something we lack, but if we're gonna pick a shooting guard, I'd say we need an all around guy - someone who can help run our offense, support the scoring, and support the defense. Like Iggy.
    I'm OK with Granger taking clutch shots really, the problem is that he's the only consistent threat, which makes him easier to defend. I hope Tyler can keep playing like this and we'll have 2 real options on offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    we don't need this thread
    I agree at least not at this time.

But I did cull something positive from this thread. It helped me to make my final decision.... two more posters on IGNORE.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Wait are we talking about Rose or Monta here? Rose, I would trade anyone on our roster for. Monta, not so much
    I was trying to compare them because to a lot of people here Monta is a shocker and Rose is a beast when in reality both players are pretty similar, just look at their numbers:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ellismo01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../rosede01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...westbru01.html

I added, Russell Westbrook's numbers also, because I think that those three guys are similar with Rose been the top dog, Russell the second best and Monta 3rd.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    we don't need this thread
    Let a new poster post a thread without criticism.

The Pacers just choked down the stretch. Derrick Rose is a superstar who leads his team to big victories. Danny Granger was doing a great job taking the ball to the basket. He looked good both o ends early. Collison was on fire early as well. He sat and got cold. I don't know if was a lack of cardio or the rotation. This team is very young, inexperienced, and hopefully will learn how to close out games.

Very difficult loss, but if you keep trading and trading you never have a core group of players that have experience playing together with defined roles. I think that is what wins in the playoffs. Collison is still on a rookie contract and Danny Granger probably will be traded but be careful what you wish for. What do you think we should trade DG33 for.

I was trying to compare them because to a lot of people here Monta is a shocker and Rose is a beast when in reality both players are pretty similar, just look at their numbers:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ellismo01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../rosede01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...westbru01.html

I added, Russell Westbrook's numbers also, because I think that those three guys are similar with Rose been the top dog, Russell the second best and Monta 3rd.
    Sure they are similar, but Rose is doing it on maybe the best team in the league while Ellis is doing it on a non playoff team. That certainly factors in there.

Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    I'm only thanking you on the condition you didn't learn ragecomics from Digg. You better be a Redditor.

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I agree! Instead of commending a great effort from a young team, posters want to point fingers and place blame. Shame on them!
    I agree and disagree. If it had been close I would have agreed, but I also had to watch a pathetic last 4 minutes by Granger as we choked away a ten point lead. He got burnt by Deng and couldn't hit a shot. Shame, he played fantastic basketball in the second and third quarters (though his shot selection all game was crap, he was hitting them) but his bad decisions caught up to him in the end, and he chucked up bad shots, fouled Noah for no reason, and got burnt by Deng. All in all and absolute stinking 4 minutes by our "closer." After the season he has had the only thing he could do to redeem himself was show up in the playoffs and be a "playoff" guy. So far he's been a choker and fans are sick of it.
    Danger Zone

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    I agree and disagree. If it had been close I would have agreed, but I also had to watch a pathetic last 4 minutes by Granger as we choked away a ten point lead. He got burnt by Deng and couldn't hit a shot. Shame, he played fantastic basketball in the second and third quarters (though his shot selection all game was crap, he was hitting them) but his bad decisions caught up to him in the end, and he chucked up bad shots, fouled Noah for no reason, and got burnt by Deng. All in all and absolute stinking 4 minutes by our "closer." After the season he has had the only thing he could do to redeem himself was show up in the playoffs and be a "playoff" guy. So far he's been a choker and fans are sick of it.
    Jeesh, everybody needs to get a grip.

Try doing an honest evaluation/analysis of each of our players. We DO NOT have a single "killer" on the entire team. Not one "closer" and not a single real "leader".

So, don't hang Granger out to dry with a term that you are attempting to force onto him.

Granger is a nice player, just like a few others on the roster, that can provide scoring and decent defense when he is so inclined. It is unfortunate that he is the best we have and that we do attempt to go to him more than other players as games close out. Instead, we are one of a few teams in the league that should probably just continue playing the way we have the entire game, rather than begin going to our best player, as end game situations arrive.

But instead of taking exception with Granger for not being what he is not, accept what he is and realize that this summer we absolutely must go out and find a player that does have "killer" abilities. That does not mean that Granger should be traded to acquire such a player. It probably does mean that it would be great to have such a player play next to Granger in the starting lineup.