Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bulls playoffs postgame thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Bulls playoffs postgame thread

That was easily one of the toughest defeats I have ever watched.

I am very proud of our guys, and they proved that they can keep up with the Bulls.

I am as upset as any Pacer fan about the 16-1 run at the end of the game, but like we have always said, we are still a very young team.

Of course we made mistakes, but the team has nothing to be disappointed about.

Most of the people on here thought we were going to be blown out by 20-30 points, but we held the lead for 47 minutes.

Again, very tough loss, but at least we were competitive for a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 5 years against the #1 seed.

This is going to be a good series.
    Last edited by KingGeorge; 04-16-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah. Rose played a spectacular game and some of their other key pieces played well including Noah, Korver and Deng. The Pacers played one of their better games of the year IMO. I expect them to get spanked next game but it's not because the Bulls played poorly tonight. Fact is, Boozer had a tough time dealing with Hans. The rest of their players played pretty good and Rose was his usual excellent.
    Yea, both teams played well. Hans got the better end of Boozer, but it wouldn't surprise me if that'll happen throughout the playoffs.

We were disorganized down the stretch. Vogel made some mistakes (no timeout, probably playing George instead of Rush) But this is all stuff to learn from.

This team proved they can compete.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

post game presser

http://www.nba.com/live1/

sorry if it was already posted

Danny is on right now

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Phenomenal game and effort. Danny, TYLER, Darren, and Roy all had great moments, and we had the game. We looked like the Pacers from the 90's.

Don't pinpoint this on Danny's three, Darren's turnover, or Paul's defense. It starts with Rose and ends with Rose.

We are still growing as a team. I expected us to get beat by 25 or so, but hell no. They gave their all and they showed some real raw talent. The announcers kept saying over and over just how young we are.

What about DC's defense? Not too shabby. I thought he played good defense. That's growth.

What about Tyler manhandling Carlos Boozer?

Danny exploding in the third?

I can't wait until they come home on Thursday.

I want us to win 50 games next year. I think that that is a good and reasonable expectation.

This is how a new era for Pacer basketball starts. While we have much better players than we did a few years ago, in a few more years this team is going to be much better than it is today. I'm very pleased with our performance but consider this playoff series merely experience. Rose & Co. will probably challenge for the east if not win it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

That was one hell of a basketball game. I think it stings a bit more to have lead the ENTIRE FREAKING GAME and then lose it in that fashion, but it's still a step in the right direction. This team is going to get noticed if they keep playing like that, and I don't think there's any reason they can't. It's not as though either team played insanely above or below their usual standards.

I'm hoping this can be a fun, competitive series to watch, much like the Bulls/Celtics series a couple years ago. If this team can just turn a few heads on this stage, it'll go a long way towards bringing back the casual fans to the franchise.

Either way, it looks like this team is prepared to give the Bulls everything they've got.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    He didn't do that today?
    Nah, the haters would like to see him doing this for at least 10 playoffs games before deciding that Tyler is good.

With a game 1 like this, I am just excited for Game 2! Wow! You guys should appreciate the fact we came out and played hard, didn't get to our usual 10 point deficit into the 2nd half.

Not upset. Young guys battled hard. This is a team with a future. Maybe the ESPNs of the world will start to notice that (but probably not.)

That said, Granger is the least clutch clutch player I have ever seen.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

"Derrick Rose is like a crazy stalker ex girlfriend. Once you don't want them to come back, they come knocking at your door," - Danny Granger

Truest words ever spoken.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

the haters hate. danny, darren, mike.

pacers started working the clock the last 4 min. that allowed the bulls to set the defense. plus the pacers just missed some shots. it is silly to start blaming anything other than the pacers inability to make shots. and contain derrick rose. pacers gave up 33 pts in the last quarter.

lots of real reasons for the loss. no need blaming your favorite scapegoat for the loss.

pacers have a good idea of just how hard they will have to play to win. it is up to the players to come back monday and play harder. and play better. pacers are not a good team in the half-court. the coaching staff and players need to figure a way to play better in the half-court. it seems the players stand around too much when the game slows down. earlier in the game, the pacers were playing at a faster pace and guys moved and cut and got open. late in the game, the pacers slowed down and it seemed the guys stopped moving. instead waiting for the clock to run down before starting the offense. that leaves the guys with the ball no one to pass to.

jmo, but i think pacers tightened up down the stretch. young team, things happen. part of the learning process. all in all, a much better effort than i expected.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Wow...so proud of our guys. Great effort and game. Showed we can and will play with the Bulls...Remember this game was on the Bulls home court with an amped up crowd. I live in Chicago, this city is going nuts about the Bulls right now. For our guys to come out like we did...excellent, just excellent! I expect our guys to play just as well on Monday with a definate win within the next 2 games. I don't expect us to win the series, but this series will help us win many series in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Not upset. Young guys battled hard. This is a team with a future. Maybe the ESPNs of the world will start to notice that (but probably not.)

That said, Granger is the least clutch clutch player I have ever seen.
    dude, danny carried the pacers the 2nd half. lighten up. please.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

OT: The next game is scheduled to be on TNT, does anyone know if you can watch it online like you could today on espn3 ? Is there a TNT stream as well ?

As a side note, I REALLY hope that the announcers do a MUCH BETTER job of calling the game for both teams. Barry probably had a cigerette and went to sleep when the Bulls finally took the lead.
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 04-16-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Danny was the man today. He's going to make a name for himself over the next three years. For God's sake, do not point the fingers at him. He carried us in the second half.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

We outplayed the Bulls for 46 minutes.

For many of these guys, this was their first playoff game. It shouldn't be a surprise that they didn't know how to finish. But this is tremendous growth. Just think about where this team was a year ago, two years ago. Think about where Tyler was a year ago. We were even doubting if he would ever play again. Boy, look at him now.

I know this one hurts, it hurts like hell. But these are growing pains. They're supposed to hurt. So be patient, stick with these guys and enjoy watching them mature. They're only going to get better.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

OK re-watching from the time Hansbrough steal and dunk.

1) tried to go to Tyler could not get him the ball.

2) Tried again ran two pick and rolls tYLER AND Collison - finally got Ty the ball and he missed a driving layup

3) next possession. ran double pick an rolls with DG and roy, end on a Roy post up and he ws fouled

4) ran another pick and roll Ty and darren, collison shot the ball

5) iso for danny

just wanted to document that they tried to go to Tyler in the last 2.5 minutes

6) out of bounds play down thre, nice play to get danny a good dhot
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 04-16-2011 at 04:29 PM.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    As a side note, I REALLY hope that the announcers do a MUCH BETTER job of calling the game for both teams.
    0% chance of this happening.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    Very proud of this team, but worried about the rest of the series. Hans on the P&P and Granger from 3 carried the offense in the second half. It is unrealistic to expect that kind of shooting every night.
    Agreed. The Bulls will come to play in game 2.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I cannot wait for the next game.

I cannot believe how well we played this game.

They didn't lead until the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Agreed. The Bulls will come to play in game 2.
    I would argue that they came to play tonight.

Our defense (aside from a few gaping holes leading to dunks in the first half) was quite good. I think if we apply more pressure on Rose and continue to lock down his supporting cast to the best of our ability, we will give ourselves a chance to win every night.

It's a matter of whether or not we mentally rise to the challenge or wilt. That's the true test.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

33. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Wow, so you are telling us the Bulls are the better team?

OH MY GOD THANK YOU for providing us with this bombshell!!!

troll.
    fixed.

One thing I know about the playoffs, is you only get so many chances to win a road game. This might have been our best chance to win a road game. We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by samiuam View Post
    Wow...so proud of our guys. Great effort and game. Showed we can and will play with the Bulls...Remember this game was on the Bulls home court with an amped up crowd. I live in Chicago, this city is going nuts about the Bulls right now.
    I don't know of any city with more obnoxious, bandwagon, booger eating fans than Chicago. Boston is right up there as is New York.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post: