Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bulls playoffs postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Bulls playoffs postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In my opinion the only mistake Vogel made was playing George at the end instead of Rush, he was doing fine but just didn't look comfortable especially on the offensive end.

How about calling a timeout in the midst of that 16-1 run to diagram a play?

The final 5-6 possessions where Collison and Granger dominated the ball, shut out their teammates, and took bad shots were inexcusable. Vogel should not have let that happen.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shabazz For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Bulls are awfully sensitive big babies. You'd think they've never heard of a good hard foul.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Disappointed? Sure.

You know what though? Every young team starts somewhere. I don't care what happens the rest of the series, our boys KNOW they can play with the best of best and they need to keep that in mind.

As Pacer fans, we need to remember that too. Championships aren't won over night, nor are playoff series. No team has gone from nothing to something in no time flat. All teams have had their letdowns and the contenders come back hungrier the next year. Let's support our team as they continue to grow and get better.

I still expect the series to be 4-1 Bulls. Honestly, if it were 4-2, I would be ecstatic.

But, boys, we're heading in the right direction!

Go Pacers!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sothenrobbiesaid For This Useful Post:

That loss stung, but:

Tyler Hansbrough. I officially love him. I seriously hope he's ok and that wasn't adrenaline.

I think we outcoached the Bulls. We outcoached them.

It took an amazing game from Rose, on their homecourt, to beat us.

What a great first experience for these young guys. How they respond in game 2, when Chicago fires on all cylinders, will tell us a ton.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, I am pretty numb after that one.

Our boys played their hearts out for 46 minutes and looked poised to make the entire dynamic of this series change course, but they have the MVP and his 3 striped-amigo's.

I still can't believe what just happened, but I guess all we can do is move on and remember that we can STILL claim homecourt advantage on Monday. Hopefully after today the Bulls will have to stop a think a bit. They will see that we aren't a pushover and that they NEED A+ performances every night to beat us.

I still maintain that Rose cannot do that 7 straight games. He is going to have a couple games this series in which he falls to earth a bit and we will have an opportunity to exploit them and win some games.

The fact that we had a legitimate chance at winning today when Rose had another superstar performance just goes to show you that we have as good of a chance at pushing the Bulls to the brink as anyone.

Obviously, a devastating loss. But I am so proud of our guys, who hustled and gave their all today. It's a shame we couldn't close it out, but we can't hang our heads. Monday is a new day and a new chance to prove ourselves.

Don't think Rose ever made a jump shot, and he still killed us. I think we played about as well as we are capable of. I also think after todays game, we need to try and pressure/trap Rose.

So Proud of those guys..

Our second year PGs were very very good. DC was energetic and all over the place, and Price brings a calm confidence that is extremely mature for a second year player.

Tyler..wow Tyler. He keeps making those shots we'll win some games this series.

Danny was on fire and carried us through the third.

I thought PG played really good defense on Rose for a short period of time. That's a tough task for him though.

It was a great game, unfortunately I saw the ending coming a mile away..but they tricked me when Tyler got the and one. :P

This was probably a lesson that they have to learn.

And here's how to fix it.
    First, Vogel has to call a timeout when the Bulls make a burst like that. Call the timeout before we're tied.

End of the game baskets...we seriously need something more than the Danny Iso. I think we should be trying to set up Hans and Roy. Notice those were the only two that converted on anything in the last 3 minutes. If Danny's open, give him the shot obviously..but we need some set plays in the post.

Boxing Out. We competed hard for rebound, but we also didn't do some simple fundamental things (boxing out) that would help getting rebounds. We lost this game on the glass and at the free throw line. We need to focus on getting Roy the ball and Hans the ball (to get to the line) and all of our posts need to box out.

btw: Best quote of the game, was when Vogel was telling the Players one by one why they were going to get the rebounds. He looks at Roy and tells him he's the biggest guy on the court. Looks at Tyler and tells him he'll out work his man, looks at Brandon and Danny and says they are bigger than the guys they are playing..and then looks at DC and goes.."...well..you'll get a big rebound or two too" Cracked me up.
    Last edited by Sookie; 04-16-2011 at 04:07 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I do want to go back and re-watch the last few minutes to see if they just went away from Tyler or if the Bulls defense didn't allow

Granger and Collison weren't looking to pass to anyone but each other. It had nothing to do with the Bulls defense.

I distinctly remember one possession where Granger caught the ball with Deng on his right hip, completely out of position. The smart move would be to immediately attack, draw a defender, and dish for the easy bucket to one of the bigs. Granger instead faced up and held the ball while Deng recovered defensively. He was more interested in hitting a shot in a defender's face than making the sound fundamental play.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shabazz For This Useful Post:

Danny is pretty much a veteran NBA basketball player now. He is what he is now. Still a good player, but he's not capable of stepping it up ala Reggie Miller when a playoff game is on the line. I still like Danny, but it's now time to find someone else to fill the role of franchise player...if this squad wants to advance past a first round exit.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Banned

I do want to go back and re-watch the last few minutes to see if they just went away from Tyler or if the Bulls defense didn't allow
    Tyler was open but Danny decided to shoot that jumper with the defender on his face and DC went back to dribble and shoot instead of doing what was working.(pick and roll)

same **** happend in newyork game which we lost 8 point lead lead in last 2min..

ball movement stop. granger eat 10 second dribling. bad shot leads easy fastbreak.

vogel, i m dissapointed.
    collison, man up and demand ball.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Well, I am pretty numb after that one.

Our boys played their hearts out for 46 minutes and looked poised to make the entire dynamic of this series change course, but they have the MVP and his 3 striped-amigo's.

I still can't believe what just happened, but I guess all we can do is move on and remember that we can STILL claim homecourt advantage on Monday. Hopefully after today the Bulls will have to stop a think a bit. They will see that we aren't a pushover and that they NEED A+ performances every night to beat us.

I still maintain that Rose cannot do that 7 straight games. He is going to have a couple games this series in which he falls to earth a bit and we will have an opportunity to exploit them and win some games.

The fact that we had a legitimate chance at winning today when Rose had another superstar performance just goes to show you that we have as good of a chance at pushing the Bulls to the brink as anyone.

Obviously, a devastating loss. But I am so proud of our guys, who hustled and gave their all today. It's a shame we couldn't close it out, but we can't hang our heads. Monday is a new day and a new chance to prove ourselves.
    Well Rose didn't play a very good game. His shot was totally off. All he has to do to get 30-plus point against the Pacers is drive into the lane and get fouled. There's no reason to believe he can't do it every game this series.

Really the thing the Pacers should be concerned about is there's no way the rest of the Bulls team will play as poorly as they did for the remainder of the series.

Pacers caught the Bulls off guard once, it won't happen twice.

I haven't been this mad, proud, and adrenaline filled since we were beating down the Piston fans.
    I have no idea why Price stayed in so long. It's like we forgot Collison was playing better than Rose the first half and I thought was also faster than him. I swear D. Rose travels/pushes off 89 percent of the time. The guy is not MJ yet and I hate how the refs just anticipate giving him the benefit of the doubt. JoKimberly Noah is not very good. If I was 7ft tall I would embarrass him so bad his ponytail would beg for mercy.

Great, great game. How can anyone be upset. The pacers played great, didn't show any nerves the whole game. Outstanding job by the pacers coaching staff

I enjoyed the games as much as the next man...but you can't say the Pacers didn't show nerves at all. They completely folded the last 3 minutes.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacertron For This Useful Post:

I seriously can't even talk about this any more. It is just making me more ticked off.

To beat the Bulls, the Pacers must play TEAM BASKETBALL. They did that for 45 minutes. The final couple of minutes was ugly, selfish basketball by a couple players and it gave the Bulls the win. Such an absolute waste of a great opportunity to steal home court advantage.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shabazz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm proud as hell of our boys... played hard the whole game and really could have taken the game had they not rushed a couple of possessions in the 4th. The Bulls are a better team and were obviously playing at home, so to push them to the limit today is extremely exciting to me as a Pacers fan.

My only gripe overall with the officiating is that I hate to see one player (Rose) get more FTAs than the entire opponent. I suppose a lot of that has to do with Danny and Psycho getting hot from the perimeter in the second half, but that discrepancy really bothers me. Hopefully we make Rose beat us from the perimeter for the next few games, because he couldn't hit a jumper all night long (0-9 from 3PT).

Keep it up boys!!!

And to think, Chicago is only in the position they are in due to a stroke of luck, winning the draft lottery in 2008.

How convenient Rose was the consensus #1 pick that year.

Just like the Knicks winning the lottery in 1985 when Ewing was the consensus #1 pick.

Tell me the NBA is not rigged.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Repost from the previous game thread.

Point blank.

Indiana played to not lose instead of playing to win in the final two minutes.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

I can't let it go. Tyler Hansbrough is a warrior. How can anyone not be excited about his game today?

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdHardTruth View Post
    Well Rose didn't play a very good game. His shot was totally off. All he has to do to get 30-plus point against the Pacers is drive into the lane and get fouled. There's no reason to believe he can't do it every game this series.

Really the thing the Pacers should be concerned about is there's no way the rest of the Bulls team will play as poorly as they did for the remainder of the series.

Wow, so you are telling us the Bulls are the better team?

OH MY GOD THANK YOU for providing us with this bombshell!!!
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 04-16-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: no ned for that

Nah. Rose played a spectacular game and some of their other key pieces played well including Noah, Korver and Deng. The Pacers played one of their better games of the year IMO. I expect them to get spanked next game but it's not because the Bulls played poorly tonight. Fact is, Boozer had a tough time dealing with Hans. The rest of their players played pretty good and Rose was his usual excellent.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Derrick Rose- inspiring kids to cheat on their SATs. What a role model.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I can't let it go. Tyler Hansbrough is a warrior. How can anyone not be excited about his game today?

Wouldn't shock me at all if they diagnose him with a concussion after the game. Just like it didn't shock me at all that he did everything possible to get back into that game. He is most definitely a warrior.

I said it from day 1. It is only a matter of time until Tyler wins over every doubter in the Pacer nation.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Shabazz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We'll see.

Talk to me again Monday night.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

38. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    Wouldn't shock me at all if they diagnose him with a concussion after the game. Just like it didn't shock me at all that he did everything possible to get back into that game. He is most definitely a warrior.

I said it from day 1. It is only a matter of time until Tyler wins over every doubter in the Pacer nation.
    He didn't do that today?

40. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post: