Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bulls playoffs postgame thread

Banned

Default Pacers/Bulls playoffs postgame thread

Amazing game, we had a chance to win the game, too bad the MVP is on the other team, we have to be proud of our guys and let's not forget

NOBODY WANT'S TO PLAY TYLER HANSBROUGH

GO PACERS
    Last edited by vnzla81; 04-16-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Bulls playoffs postgame thread

I think it was fairly predictable for our young guys to lose the game in the last couple of minutes in their first playoff game on the road. It still hurts like hell though.

I know some folks are gonna rip apart our players and screech "trade player x!" but I am proud of our guys and Coach V, I really am. They are not going to throw rose petals at the feet of the Bulls on their way to the coronation, they are going to fight and that's all I ask for from David when he's up against Goliath.

I wish the next game was tomorrow!
    Last edited by gummy; 04-16-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Banned

Here is the Tyler Hansbrough steal and Dunk on Boozer by the way

Great, great game. How can anyone be upset. The pacers played great, didn't show any nerves the whole game. Outstanding job by the pacers coaching staff

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

I'm also incredibly proud of our team. If they play like this the whole series, I don't care what the final outcome in terms of games is, this team will be seen as a competitive one in the East and free agents who care more about winning than getting drunk on the beach are going to give us a look.

Great effort today. And I'm not the kind of person who ever is happy with a loss.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gotta give 'em props, they played like a team well above their seeding. It was going to take a perfect game and they played almost perfect - I don't even cut down the last minute, it was the last few minutes from the bench that I think was the turnaround. When we couldn't build the lead while Rose was on the bench I figured that was the bell ringing.

On the other hand, I had expected the Pacers to be rocked on their heels by playoff intensity - instead they came out and socked it to the Bulls, who had to - as the ESPN announcer blurted out - "steal" on on their own freaking court.

Keep it up guys, and Tyler - wow, Tyler.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

That was depressing.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Heartbreaking, but a great effort by the blue and gold.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Should have kept feeding Hansbrough. Pacers scored 1 point the last 3 or so minutes I think and I dont even think Hansbrough touched the ball after the missed layup.

I was just very upset by the final couple minutes. Collison and Granger played some very selfish basketball in the final 5 or 6 possessions. Hansbrough got no touches because two of his teammates decided to absolutely dominate the ball.

45 minutes of team basketball undone by a couple minutes of selfish basketball.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shabazz For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great, great game. How can anyone be upset. The pacers played great, didn't show any nerves the whole game. Outstanding job by the pacers coaching staff
    I think they tightened up a bit once the Bulls' D went to the next level in the last minute and a half - got a little bit hesitant with the ball, probably a little bit of nerves there. But yes, great game we just didn't get it done.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

I don't think anyone can make any good complaint about how the Pacers played. In my opinion the only mistake Vogel made was playing George at the end instead of Rush, he was doing fine but just didn't look comfortable especially on the offensive end.

It is tough to beat the Bulls when you also have to play against the refs.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Banned

I think is also time for Vogel to bring DJ in place of Dunleavy, DJ has playoffs experience and knows what to do, Dun was just horrible.

Very proud of this team, but worried about the rest of the series. Hans on the P&P and Granger from 3 carried the offense in the second half. It is unrealistic to expect that kind of shooting every night.

Sadly, Pacers should expect Rose at the line 20 times a game. They need to get better on the glass and find a way to score in the paint more often to take a game from the Bulls. I think Indiana has more offensive weapons than the Bulls can handle, but I don't think they are mature enough to go to the option that the Bulls are leaving open. Granger and Collison need to play well, but not outside the system like the last 3 minutes of the game.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to judicata For This Useful Post:

I don't see how any Pacers fan cannot be completely impressed with their performance. Sure disappointed they lost, but oh my that was impressive and it is great the playoffs have started. This was a high caliber game
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 04-16-2011 at 04:32 PM.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Young teams often don't know how to finish a game, case in point. It's crazy to think you'd be up by 10 with a few minutes left and still lose by 5. But theyre young... they don't know that they need to slow things up, defend, rebound, and make it a free-throw parade. They kept trying to score straight up and they didn't finish the defensive plays. Can't do that. Young teams do that.

I'm still proud of those guys, they thoroughly beat the pants off the Bulls for 46 minutes, and it required another stud performance by Rose to beat them. Once this team learns how to finish, they will be a very good team. It's just probly not gonna happen in this playoff series...
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Missed too many free throws, and Tyler missed an open lay up in the 4th that led to a fast break basket for a 4 point swing. Left too many opportunities out there. If the Pacers come out and compete in game 2 then Vogel deserves the job. With that said I expect a 20+ pt loss for the pacers game 2

Dream Big

Great, great game. How can anyone be upset.
    I don't know, I think the 16-1 run to end the game might have something to do with it.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to tora tora For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Should have kept feeding Hansbrough. Pacers scored 1 point the last 3 or so minutes I think and I dont even think Hansbrough touched the ball after the missed layup.

He didn't. Granger and Collison absolutely stopped playing team basketball in the last 2 minutes and change.

I'm honestly surprised the coach didn't call a timeout to remind his team Tyler was hot, or to set up a play, or to stop the Bulls momentum.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

I do want to go back and re-watch the last few minutes to see if they just went away from Tyler or if the Bulls defense didn't allow

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Heartbreaking loss, but what a great game and great effort by the Pacers. This was a team effort today and we gave it our all.

I am going to enjoy this series very much and let this be a lesson for the Bulls that they aren't going to get out of the first round without a fight.

Looking forward to an excited playoff atmosphere in Indy Thursday, hopefully like the one in Chicago, but with our own fans.

I also just lost power due to a huge storm right after the clock said 0:00 - Final. Came at a good time I guess.

I think you're mistaking disappointment with being upset. We had the game and then blew it at the end. I don't think many of us thought the Pacers would actually win Game 1 until the game actually happened and then to lose like that. Well its disappointing but I'm proud of how they played well mostly Tyler.

Granger as I've said before should not be a first option or leader for this team.

Upset was the Jets/Colts game in the playoffs that was unraveled by ST that is never fixed by management and Caldwell being brain dead and calling a timeout he shouldn't have.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

A bunch of mixed emotions right now, but I'll keep it positive and say I'm very proud how this team played and responded for 45-46 minutes.

The question is can they recover from this loss?

Have I mentioned I hate Chicago- the REAL mistake by the lake?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post: