Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
Results 1,101 to 1,122 of 1122

Thread: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdHardTruth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually this is the kind of game that could completely destroy a young team's confidence, to play your best game and lose a 10 point lead in two minutes. I don't think the Pacers can recover.
    Why? They have lost 10 point leads in the last few minutes multiple times this season. They will bounce back and play well in game 2.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Actually this is the kind of game that could completely destroy a young team's confidence, to play your best game and lose a 10 point lead in two minutes. I don't think the Pacers can recover.
    Agreed.

I try to always be an optimist, but if that game doesn't suck the life out you, I don't know what will.

I hope we can recover, but I don't think we can from that game. That was heartbreaker of all heartbreakers.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

You are a dumb ***. This is par for the course for the Pacers.

This team builds leads then loses its intensity down the stretch. In other words they are YOUNG.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I hate that our offense just bogs down and becomes predictable down the stretch we was going great with the penetration and the kickout then we decided to play like we have superstars down the stretch.
    FWIW, the Bulls offense is just as predictable. Clear out for the MVP.

We just lost the DC pick and roll in the second half. It's something that Noah and Thomas locked down on. It also hurts that Paul George has nothing to contribute on offense down the stretch. I really think Vogel could use some offense-defense substitutions in the last two minutes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Chicago is a great city if you like high taxes, ghetto slums, and corrupt politicians.
    Please. How about legendary architecture, incredible food (both high end and low end), diversity, fantastic beaches, variety of neighborhoods with people from all over the world. Chicago offers everything New York does (and more) at a much lower cost.

Can we please focus on the teams and the games instead of the cities? Chicago is a world class city and Indianapolis is far from it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

Blow me.

What an immature little kiddie comment!!!!

I realize frustration of losing the game, but that goes beyond civil discussion by someone who has been around long enough to know better. JMOAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Please. How about legendary...
    I stopped reading at legendary.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonHunter1105 For This Useful Post:

I think you guys are overreaching here. Toughl oss, Game 1 against the best team in the league. But they proved to themselves that they can run with this team. Guys like Dunleavey are gonna have to step it up next game and knock down some shots. Dunleavey was utterly useless this game. Roy is gonna have to step it up as well. He played great defense, but disappeared in the 4th. I do not think they have enough size to contain Hibbert. He had a great 1st qtr.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Please. How about legendary architecture, incredible food (both high end and low end), diversity, fantastic beaches, variety of neighborhoods with people from all over the world. Chicago offers everything New York does (and more) at a much lower cost.

Can we please focus on the teams and the games instead of the cities? Chicago is a world class city and Indianapolis is far from it.
    High taxes, MASSIVE population loss, a city official getting indicted every few minutes, large ghetto slums, and a decaying transit sytem. A "world class" city indeed.

Chicago has nice beaches? LMAO. Don't mind the clumps of trash floating in the water. Ethnic diversity and cuisine- welcome to every other large city in the country.

Congrats to Chicago for being bigger than Indy, that is its only advantage (if you like traffic). I'll take Indy's 15% metro growth rate over Chicago's 4% though.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 04-16-2011 at 04:28 PM.

As I said in my earlier comment, everything you listed makes it a great tourist city. And it is. One of the top tourist cities in the world.

But to live in...? Please, I would never live in Chicago. If it's your cup of tea, so be it. I suppose some people love it.

And I don't think hoosierguy said Indy was a world class city. And it isn't. But I'd rather live here than there. And I'd rather visit there then here.

And yes, we can focus on basketball. Rose is just too good. End of story.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I disagree. All the media and pundits have said is that this is a sweep or maybe the Pacers win one at home. They nearly (and probably should have) took Game 1. It's certainly a let down, but as others have said, we've done it before this season. Vogel is much better than JOB at accentuating the positive. He will make the team feel good about their performance and try to replicate what we did right. Ask anyone around the league, and I'm sure they will say that they are impressed. They expected this to be a non-series, a disappointing blip in an otherwise amazingly competitive playoffs. We may have given the viewers the best of the first day of the Playoffs.

Also, would do mean by 'recover'? Win one game? Two? Three? Like people have said, the Pacers have nothing to lose. Anything positive that comes out of this series is gravy. They have to take it game by game, and I think Vogel is smart enough to see that.

Also, chill out on name calling. Everyone's just emotional, understandably. The city "analyses" should get this thread locked....

You'll never sell Chicago to someone used to Indianapolis. Just like you'll never sell Indianapolis to somebody used to Chicago. Over both I prefer San Francisco and have my reasons for it. Mainly being no snow... But back to basketball...

I don't think I could live through a Chicago winter. Other than that I would consider living there. Corrupt politicians and high taxes suck, but hell, I live in DC!

More power to Chicago and Indianapolis. Both are good cities for their own reasons. If I could get a job that I like that paid me enough to afford a condo in downtown Indianapolis and I could walk to work every day, I'd live there too. These city debates get ridiculous.
    Last edited by idioteque; 04-16-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Chicago doesn't offer "more" than New York. New York is superior to Chicago in almost every way imaginable. Chicago is like a poor man's New York.

And New York's beaches are on an actual ocean, as opposed to a lake.

How is this not a flagrant?

I really, really hate the Bulls.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:

As
    Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    How is this not a flagrant?

I really, really hate the Bulls.

As a ref I asked this same question. It was one of the major calls that should of been called. There was no play on the ball and in slow motion is shows him shoving him to clearly take his legs out.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

Mood

Don't forget the panhandlers at every block that will walk from table to table in a restraunt asking for cash.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    Don't forget the panhandlers at every block that will walk from table to table in a restraunt asking for cash.
    Let's not act like this is unique just to Chicago. Many big cities have this problem, especially in hard economic times like today.

And why is this a city debate even? Chicago is a great city, but has terrible weather, as does Indy, as does NYC. I'm happy on the west coast now.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Let's not act like this is unique just to Chicago. Many big cities have this problem, especially in hard economic times like today.

And why is this a city debate even? Chicago is a great city, but has terrible weather, as does Indy, as does NYC. I'm happy on the west coast now.
    For the record, Sacto is awful. =p

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    For the record, Sacto is awful. =p
    Thats why I live in the burbs haha. I much rather be in San Diego. San Fran wouldnt be too bad either

Guys, I realize emotions are high now that it's the playoffs, but that's no excuse for some of the things I'm seeing in this thread.

I'll give it pass this time, but it can't continue. If you think I'm talking to you, I probably am.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Guys, I realize emotions are high now that it's the playoffs, but that's no excuse for some of the things I'm seeing in this thread.

I'll give it pass this time, but it can't continue. If you think I'm talking to you, I probably am.
    Priceless

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13