Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
Results 1,101 to 1,122 of 1122

Thread: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

  1. #1101
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by TheColdHardTruth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually this is the kind of game that could completely destroy a young team's confidence, to play your best game and lose a 10 point lead in two minutes. I don't think the Pacers can recover.
    Why? They have lost 10 point leads in the last few minutes multiple times this season. They will bounce back and play well in game 2.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  3. #1102
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,596

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by TheColdHardTruth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually this is the kind of game that could completely destroy a young team's confidence, to play your best game and lose a 10 point lead in two minutes. I don't think the Pacers can recover.
    Agreed.

    I try to always be an optimist, but if that game doesn't suck the life out you, I don't know what will.

    I hope we can recover, but I don't think we can from that game. That was heartbreaker of all heartbreakers.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  4. #1103
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by TheColdHardTruth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually this is the kind of game that could completely destroy a young team's confidence, to play your best game and lose a 10 point lead in two minutes. I don't think the Pacers can recover.
    You are a dumb ***. This is par for the course for the Pacers.

    This team builds leads then loses its intensity down the stretch. In other words they are YOUNG.

  5. #1104
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate that our offense just bogs down and becomes predictable down the stretch we was going great with the penetration and the kickout then we decided to play like we have superstars down the stretch.
    FWIW, the Bulls offense is just as predictable. Clear out for the MVP.

    We just lost the DC pick and roll in the second half. It's something that Noah and Thomas locked down on. It also hurts that Paul George has nothing to contribute on offense down the stretch. I really think Vogel could use some offense-defense substitutions in the last two minutes.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  7. #1105
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chicago is a great city if you like high taxes, ghetto slums, and corrupt politicians.
    Please. How about legendary architecture, incredible food (both high end and low end), diversity, fantastic beaches, variety of neighborhoods with people from all over the world. Chicago offers everything New York does (and more) at a much lower cost.

    Can we please focus on the teams and the games instead of the cities? Chicago is a world class city and Indianapolis is far from it.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:


  9. #1106

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Blow me.

    What an immature little kiddie comment!!!!

    I realize frustration of losing the game, but that goes beyond civil discussion by someone who has been around long enough to know better. JMOAA.

  10. #1107

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please. How about legendary...
    I stopped reading at legendary.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonHunter1105 For This Useful Post:


  12. #1108
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    I think you guys are overreaching here. Toughl oss, Game 1 against the best team in the league. But they proved to themselves that they can run with this team. Guys like Dunleavey are gonna have to step it up next game and knock down some shots. Dunleavey was utterly useless this game. Roy is gonna have to step it up as well. He played great defense, but disappeared in the 4th. I do not think they have enough size to contain Hibbert. He had a great 1st qtr.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  14. #1109
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please. How about legendary architecture, incredible food (both high end and low end), diversity, fantastic beaches, variety of neighborhoods with people from all over the world. Chicago offers everything New York does (and more) at a much lower cost.

    Can we please focus on the teams and the games instead of the cities? Chicago is a world class city and Indianapolis is far from it.
    High taxes, MASSIVE population loss, a city official getting indicted every few minutes, large ghetto slums, and a decaying transit sytem. A "world class" city indeed.

    Chicago has nice beaches? LMAO. Don't mind the clumps of trash floating in the water. Ethnic diversity and cuisine- welcome to every other large city in the country.

    Congrats to Chicago for being bigger than Indy, that is its only advantage (if you like traffic). I'll take Indy's 15% metro growth rate over Chicago's 4% though.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 04-16-2011 at 04:28 PM.

  15. #1110
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,596

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please. How about legendary architecture, incredible food (both high end and low end), diversity, fantastic beaches, variety of neighborhoods with people from all over the world. Chicago offers everything New York does (and more) at a much lower cost.

    Can we please focus on the teams and the games instead of the cities? Chicago is a world class city and Indianapolis is far from it.
    As I said in my earlier comment, everything you listed makes it a great tourist city. And it is. One of the top tourist cities in the world.

    But to live in...? Please, I would never live in Chicago. If it's your cup of tea, so be it. I suppose some people love it.

    And I don't think hoosierguy said Indy was a world class city. And it isn't. But I'd rather live here than there. And I'd rather visit there then here.

    And yes, we can focus on basketball. Rose is just too good. End of story.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  16. #1111
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by TheColdHardTruth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually this is the kind of game that could completely destroy a young team's confidence, to play your best game and lose a 10 point lead in two minutes. I don't think the Pacers can recover.
    I disagree. All the media and pundits have said is that this is a sweep or maybe the Pacers win one at home. They nearly (and probably should have) took Game 1. It's certainly a let down, but as others have said, we've done it before this season. Vogel is much better than JOB at accentuating the positive. He will make the team feel good about their performance and try to replicate what we did right. Ask anyone around the league, and I'm sure they will say that they are impressed. They expected this to be a non-series, a disappointing blip in an otherwise amazingly competitive playoffs. We may have given the viewers the best of the first day of the Playoffs.

    Also, would do mean by 'recover'? Win one game? Two? Three? Like people have said, the Pacers have nothing to lose. Anything positive that comes out of this series is gravy. They have to take it game by game, and I think Vogel is smart enough to see that.

    Also, chill out on name calling. Everyone's just emotional, understandably. The city "analyses" should get this thread locked....

  17. #1112
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,411

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please. How about legendary architecture, incredible food (both high end and low end), diversity, fantastic beaches, variety of neighborhoods with people from all over the world. Chicago offers everything New York does (and more) at a much lower cost.

    Can we please focus on the teams and the games instead of the cities? Chicago is a world class city and Indianapolis is far from it.
    You'll never sell Chicago to someone used to Indianapolis. Just like you'll never sell Indianapolis to somebody used to Chicago. Over both I prefer San Francisco and have my reasons for it. Mainly being no snow... But back to basketball...

  18. #1113
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,513

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    I don't think I could live through a Chicago winter. Other than that I would consider living there. Corrupt politicians and high taxes suck, but hell, I live in DC!

    More power to Chicago and Indianapolis. Both are good cities for their own reasons. If I could get a job that I like that paid me enough to afford a condo in downtown Indianapolis and I could walk to work every day, I'd live there too. These city debates get ridiculous.
    Last edited by idioteque; 04-16-2011 at 09:01 PM.

  19. #1114
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please. How about legendary architecture, incredible food (both high end and low end), diversity, fantastic beaches, variety of neighborhoods with people from all over the world. Chicago offers everything New York does (and more) at a much lower cost.

    Can we please focus on the teams and the games instead of the cities? Chicago is a world class city and Indianapolis is far from it.


    Chicago doesn't offer "more" than New York. New York is superior to Chicago in almost every way imaginable. Chicago is like a poor man's New York.

    And New York's beaches are on an actual ocean, as opposed to a lake.

  20. #1115
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    How is this not a flagrant?



    I really, really hate the Bulls.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:


  22. #1116
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    As
    Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is this not a flagrant?



    I really, really hate the Bulls.


    As a ref I asked this same question. It was one of the major calls that should of been called. There was no play on the ball and in slow motion is shows him shoving him to clearly take his legs out.

  23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:


  24. #1117
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,424
    Mood

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please. How about legendary architecture, incredible food (both high end and low end), diversity, fantastic beaches, variety of neighborhoods with people from all over the world. Chicago offers everything New York does (and more) at a much lower cost.

    Can we please focus on the teams and the games instead of the cities? Chicago is a world class city and Indianapolis is far from it.
    Don't forget the panhandlers at every block that will walk from table to table in a restraunt asking for cash.

  25. #1118
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't forget the panhandlers at every block that will walk from table to table in a restraunt asking for cash.
    Let's not act like this is unique just to Chicago. Many big cities have this problem, especially in hard economic times like today.

    And why is this a city debate even? Chicago is a great city, but has terrible weather, as does Indy, as does NYC. I'm happy on the west coast now.

  26. #1119
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's not act like this is unique just to Chicago. Many big cities have this problem, especially in hard economic times like today.

    And why is this a city debate even? Chicago is a great city, but has terrible weather, as does Indy, as does NYC. I'm happy on the west coast now.
    For the record, Sacto is awful. =p

  27. #1120
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the record, Sacto is awful. =p
    Thats why I live in the burbs haha. I much rather be in San Diego. San Fran wouldnt be too bad either

  28. #1121
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Guys, I realize emotions are high now that it's the playoffs, but that's no excuse for some of the things I'm seeing in this thread.

    I'll give it pass this time, but it can't continue. If you think I'm talking to you, I probably am.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  30. #1122
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: 4/16/2011 Playoff Round 1 - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys, I realize emotions are high now that it's the playoffs, but that's no excuse for some of the things I'm seeing in this thread.

    I'll give it pass this time, but it can't continue. If you think I'm talking to you, I probably am.
    Priceless


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Bulls Playoff Series news/thoughts thread
    By Kemo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 206
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 05:52 PM
  2. Good explanation of the Pacers lease situation...
    By Iceman1 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 10:26 AM
  3. 04/20/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Bulls
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 11:11 PM
  4. Complete Game 2 Coverage From The Detroit News & Detroit Free Press
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 11:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •