Thread: Pacers got to be instigators

Gettin paid in the shade HoopMoney's Avatar

Default Pacers got to be instigators

Pacers got to be instigators

The Chicago media is expecting a sweep. They are calling the shooting guard matchup a push and the small forward matchup only a slight advantage to the Pacers. When Larry Bird was asked about his take on the Pacers matchup at first he laughed. "We're awfully young, they got the best player right now in the league and they're one of the hottest teams. This is a great experience for our young guys. I can remember back in the early 80's, my first playoff series and when it was over I knew I had a lot of work to do if I wanted to win a championship. This is a great opportunity for our young guys to get some experience and we'll see what happens."

It seems that every time Larry Bird talks about his team he mentions the word 'young' and for good reason. When Larry was asked about the season he said. "We've played some good basketball in the end. Unfortunately we've lost some games at the end when we've had the lead. You hate to blame in on the young guys being young but there's a learning curve here and we see progress. Obviously We'd like it to come along a little quicker but I'm pleased how these young guys have hung in there through out the year. We've had our ups and downs but it seems at the end of the year that they've put it together and they made a nice run."

Larry didn't pull any punches and was very candid when asked if the Pacers know what they're getting themselves into going into this playoff series. "Absolutely not! But they'll find out shortly. We have to be the instigators not the retaliaters. That is going to be hard to do with our young guys but this is going to be a great experience for us and I think we'll grow a lot from it. The playoffs are completely different than the regular season. We feel that in the east we're are one of the top eight teams but we have a lot of work to do, no question about that."

I really hope that the Pacers can instigate some hard fouls on Derrick Rose. We have to show them early that we are not going to back down. The Bulls are going to be our nemesis in the Central Division for many years to come. Let's start this rivalry out right. Maybe we should switch the guard assignments by putting our shooting guards on Rose and put our point guards on Bogans & Korver. Dontay Jones & Brandon Rush may end up being the x-factors if they can contain Rose. Look for the Pacers to throw everything they can at Rose. Go Pacers!

Fellow Area 55ers & PTOers, HoopMoney droppin knowledge. Oww!

Default Re: Pacers got to be instigators

Making up quotes?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No Hicks. Most of those quotes are from this video:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2011...834/index.html
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

The Pacers need to walk into Chicago's United Center like they own the place. They need to come out hard from the beginning. Absolutely no layups allowed. No slapping at the ball
    as the player goes by. The mind set is critical. They will still get beat most likely but hopefully Chicago will get the idea this is not a finesse team and not an easy out.
    Chicago could easily win it all so this experience is critical to the future of the team.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers need to walk into Chicago's United Center like they own the place. They need to come out hard from the beginning. Absolutely no layups allowed. No slapping at the ball
    as the player goes by. The mind set is critical.
    They will still get beat most likely but hopefully Chicago will get the idea this is not a finesse team and not an easy out.
    Chicago could easily win it all so this experience is critical to the future of the team.
    I agree with you 1000%, but is anyone on our team tough enough, mentally or physically, to actually execute this. Tyler, maybe Dahntay. I hope they prove me wrong. I want to see them be physical with the Bulls and let them know that the Pacers aren't just a speed bump.

I know Jeff can do it and maybe he and Dahntay can provide that leadership along with Tyler.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

8. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know Jeff can do it and maybe he and Dahntay can provide that leadership along with Tyler.
    I hate that I completely forgot about Jeff. I'm an idiot.