Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers vs Bulls Hoopsworld Preview

doesnt even matter though , none of the bulls scare me like coach Thibbs

Vogel is going to get completey outcoached Thibbs is a monster man
    Sittin on top of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Hibbert is better than Joakim Noah (Not to mention that he is more reliable).

I think that Danny is significantly better than Luol Deng.

I think that the power forward matchup is going to kill us. Tyler can not guard Boozer due to quickness, athleticism issues and Josh isn't tough enough inside to guard Boozer.
    I have reservation saying DG is better than Deng, let alone significantly so.
    Last edited by D-BONE; 04-14-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Danny wasn't even the subject..? But now that you bring it up, no.

Put Luol Deng in Danny's position, number one scorer on about a 42-45 win team, and his field goal percentage is below 40% on about 18 PPG. He is not athletic enough to create his own shot. Notice that his feet are set on almost every single shot he takes.. He plays off of Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer. If he had to create for himself he'd have to take off balance shots and iso.

And Danny's defense is underrated. Since Vogel took over he's been fine defensively.
    Right, so at best - from our standoint - they're roughly equivalent.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    My God you throw around the term great defender a lot.

Again, Koby Bryant (Great Defender), Dwight Howard (Great Defender).

Loul Deng not a Great Defender. He's a decent defender & maybe even a good defender but NOT a Great Defender.
    Okay, point taken. He's a good defender then, IMO. DG is an average defender, IMO, until proven otherwise by impacting this series defensively.

-Emiliano Zapata

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think he's write in saying that the Granger is the only Pacer who will probably win his match-up, and that the only way we can make the series interesting is by having Hibbert have the kind of stellar performance has had in the past. If we can get 20 and 10 from Hibbert (which he CAN do, but only in brief flashes), we can extend the series to six. Rose vs. Collison is just so much in Chicago's favor that it may be impossible for us to keep up.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

From the way he described the Bulls bench I see very little difference between them and the Pacers bench.

The way I see it is the Bulls have a clear advantage at PG and minor advantage at PF, while the Pacers have a clear advantage at SF and minor advantage at SG. The rest is a push. Thibbs wins by default because we really have no idea how good of a coach Vogel is yet.

I think a lot of people under estimate how good Granger can be. When he is playing smart and playing defense he is clearly better than Deng. It should not even be an argument.

While at PF they do have an advantage Boozer isn't going to be able to just roll over Tyler. He might be able to take advantage of Tyler on his offensive end, but I think Tyler will also be able to beat Boozer on the offensive end.

I say a slight advantage in George because we know that George is easily capable of being clearly better, but he does make rookie mistakes and isn't perfectly consistent yet.

Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    I think he's write in saying that the Granger is the only Pacer who will probably win his match-up, and that the only way we can make the series interesting is by having Hibbert have the kind of stellar performance has had in the past. If we can get 20 and 10 from Hibbert (which he CAN do, but only in brief flashes), we can extend the series to six. Rose vs. Collison is just so much in Chicago's favor that it may be impossible for us to keep up.
    If we get 20 and 10 from Hibbert I would expect the Pacers to win that game and every game he gets 20 and 10 in.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    doesnt even matter though , none of the bulls scare me like coach Thibbs

Vogel is going to get completey outcoached Thibbs is a monster man
    You're right, Thibbs is one ugly mother****er. Guy can coach though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Question Re: Pacers vs Bulls Hoopsworld Preview

And Danny's defense is underrated. Since Vogel took over he's been fine defensively.
    Are you rating the level of defense Granger is capable of playing when he occasionally feels like trying or the level he actually does?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacer View Post
    Are you rating the level of defense Granger is capable of playing when he occasionally feels like trying or the level he actually does?
    I'm saying that he generally plays good defense, even though he can do better, but it his lack effort is overstated around here.

No one is going to stop Lebron, Melo, etc., and we've seen him play good defense on them. Ever since Vogel has taken over his defense has been good and passable, besides of course the dreaded six game losing streak where everyone quit trying.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Count me in the camp that thinks Granger shows up big in this series. This is the playoffs, and Granger will not be going through the motions on defense as he is prone to do on occasion. He's got something to prove, and he is clearly better than Deng.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    From the way he described the Bulls bench I see very little difference between them and the Pacers bench.

The way I see it is the Bulls have a clear advantage at PG and minor advantage at PF, while the Pacers have a clear advantage at SF and minor advantage at SG. The rest is a push. Thibbs wins by default because we really have no idea how good of a coach Vogel is yet.

I think a lot of people under estimate how good Granger can be. When he is playing smart and playing defense he is clearly better than Deng. It should not even be an argument.

While at PF they do have an advantage Boozer isn't going to be able to just roll over Tyler. He might be able to take advantage of Tyler on his offensive end, but I think Tyler will also be able to beat Boozer on the offensive end.

I say a slight advantage in George because we know that George is easily capable of being clearly better, but he does make rookie mistakes and isn't perfectly consistent yet.
    I agree with this assessment for the most part. I think the Bulls have two primary advantages. They have the best player between both teams, and that is always a big factor.

They also have a big edge in experience. While it has been pointed out that they have not been the most playoff tested as a team, Boozer and Deng both have their fair share of playoff experience, and they just generally have more vets to rely on than we do. So that is another big factor.

Matchup by matchup? Talent to talent? They have an advantage, but it is not as overwhelming as some make it out to be. I think they beat us more for the reasons stated above than that necessarily.

With the Pacers, its just a matter of which version of each player shows up night to night... so it goes with youth. I do believe Granger will show up, however.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post

I think Rush will play a key role. If he can come off the bench and make some 3s it will be a big help.
    Ya, I have a very good feeling , that Brandon will flip the switch , and have some high scoring games in this series, all the while playing good defense..

I mean, he IS known for playing great at the end of the season.. per his past M.O. ..

I really think everyone is gonna step up though.. and we will see some good things..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Loul is a pretty dam good defender

maybe not "elite" but very good
    Luol Deng is an average defender, LOL. I don't know what exactly you're observing.

I also see Danny stepping up BIGTIME... on BOTH ends of the floor..

Some of you honestly think, that as long as DG has WAITED to be in the playoffs, that he won't play out of his mind to win?!?!???

Ya, I have no worries about DG.. Same with Foster... he realizes his with his age and not knowing how his back will continue to hold up, that he dont have many years left to play in the playoffs..

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Sports Logo

Deng is one of the best SF defenders in the league this year... There is a reason Granger avged 36% from the field against the bulls this season and it is Deng.
    But still, Granger is a better player, and I believe Granger will step his game up in the playoffs. He's gotta be excited after all, and this is the real deal now. If we're gonna win any of the games, it's gonna start with Granger playing extremely well and the supporting cast (Roy/Tyler/DC) getting production as well. But Granger can't do it without the others, we need to space the floor, we need our guys to play well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I'll just go on record as saying the "Bench Mob" may be even dumber than some of the names tossed around for nicknaming our second unit
    Tyler created "goon squad" it wasn't just tossed around here. I assume this is what you had in mind.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Though the Bulls have a plethora of advantages over the Pacers, I would wager quite handsomely that our bench will outscore Chicago's if only for the fact that Chicago's bench can't ****ing score.

Also, now is when we see Danny Granger's true worth, as a "veteran" on a virgin playoff team. How he carries himself and shoots the ball has got to be seen as a make-or-break point in his career. Is he just a very talented streak shooter or a top piece on a team that will challenge for the top of the conference in two years? We're only a day away...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    I agree with this assessment for the most part. I think the Bulls have two primary advantages. They have the best player between both teams, and that is always a big factor.

They also have a big edge in experience. While it has been pointed out that they have not been the most playoff tested as a team, Boozer and Deng both have their fair share of playoff experience, and they just generally have more vets to rely on than we do. So that is another big factor.

Matchup by matchup? Talent to talent? They have an advantage, but it is not as overwhelming as some make it out to be. I think they beat us more for the reasons stated above than that necessarily.

With the Pacers, its just a matter of which version of each player shows up night to night... so it goes with youth. I do believe Granger will show up, however.
    I agree with you also. Other than Rose the biggest difference between these teams is experience and consistency.