Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 229

Thread: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

  1. #26
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    ....and SA would be destroying Memphis if they had Manu.

  2. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....and SA would be destroying Memphis if they had Manu.
    We would know that next game if Manu plays, to bad Rudy is out for the year.

  3. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Good game so far, Memphis is not going away.

  4. #29
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    the best frontline in the NBA showed up today. All that stockpiling of big men Memphis has done over the past 4 years is finally paying off.

  5. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Booner is killing Memphis now, what a game

  6. #31

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    The Grizz need to share some drinks at the sad bar with the Pacers after this collapse.

  7. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    This have to be the best game so far, great game for Memphis.

  8. #33

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    The 1-8 match-ups in the east and west might be the best series in the playoffs this year.

  9. #34

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Gotta feel good for Memphis. Hopefully the Pacers experience this feeling next game

  10. #35

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Zach Randolph to Indiana please.

  11. #36
    Thank you, Danny. Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,497

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    The best games of the playoffs so far have been both 1 vs 8 match-ups.

    The Grizzlies stumbled down the stretch, but the Spurs couldn't make them pay. They had good looks.

    Yesterday, Rose capitalized and players like Korver hit shots that the Spurs missed.

  12. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zach Randolph to Indiana please.
    He's not a winner; his stats are empty. I also heard he was involved in JFK's assassination. Besides, Josh McRoberts will be better next year. Some 13 year old wrote an article on Bleacher Report saying so.

  13. #38

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    This was a really good game. Down the stretch at the end I kept thinking de ja vu from last night 1-8 match up with the #1 pulling it out. Ah, different outcome this time.

    I have liked Memphis the last 2-3 years and felt they had a nice young team coming together. At times, I have been a little envious of them. I like Rudy Gay, he's a player I'd trade Granger for in a heartbeat. I never felt he'd be as good as he's become when he was drafted. Conley finally seems to have gotten it together. If the Pacers moved out of town tomorrow, Memphis would probably be my new team. Hollins seems to be a good coach. I'm not sold on their cheap owner though. Nice win for them!! I hope they can keep winning.

    When the Pacers were trying to S&T Quis with the Celtics, I wanted Allen as part of the deal. Many weren't interested in him b/c of his past injury, but I'd still like to have him wearing a Pacers uni.

  14. #39
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not a winner; his stats are empty. I also heard he was involved in JFK's assassination. Besides, Josh McRoberts will be better next year. Some 13 year old wrote an article on Bleacher Report saying so.
    POTY material right here. Short, sweet, to the point, and so ****ing true.

  15. #40
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,602
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    My gosh Sean Elliot is a sickening homer. Why the hell does he get assigned to the Spurs game.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  16. #41
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    The Grizzlies look like they can compete.

    One of the most underrated teams in the league and even without Rudy Gay, they're able to get it done.

    The Spurs announcers are making this seem like a regular season game.

  17. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not a winner; his stats are empty. I also heard he was involved in JFK's assassination. Besides, Josh McRoberts will be better next year. Some 13 year old wrote an article on Bleacher Report saying so.
    LOL I was about to blow up after I saw J-mac would be better than i saw it was BR

  18. #43
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,985

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My gosh Sean Elliot is a sickening homer. Why the hell does he get assigned to the Spurs game.

    Because he is the Spurs analyst. And NBATV just picks up the local feed. Tonight I expexct NBATV to pick up our local feed with Chris and quinn

  19. #44
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    I hate Sean Elliott. He's a lousy commentator too. You expect local guys to be homers, but he adds nothing at all to the game.

  20. #45
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate Sean Elliott. He's a lousy commentator too. You expect local guys to be homers, but he adds nothing at all to the game.
    When you call games and you refer to the team you're calling as "we", "our", and "us" you shouldn't be doing public announcing.

    Announcers need to not look at themselves as fans, but as professionals who call games for the team.

    Chris, Quinn, and Clark when he's there speak with more knowledge and aren't homers.

  21. #46
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you call games and you refer to the team you're calling as "we", "our", and "us" you shouldn't be doing public announcing.

    Announcers need to not look at themselves as fans, but as professionals who call games for the team.

    Chris, Quinn, and Clark when he's there speak with more knowledge and aren't homers.
    I love how every home team's fans think 'their" guys are the only unbiased commentators in sports...


  22. #47
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love how every home team's fans think 'their" guys are the only unbiased commentators in sports...

    I don't get your point?

    What are they doing that's being biased?

    They're happy the Pacers won with a nice tip in shot. Doesn't make them homers.

    I'm not saying their unbiased because they're Pacers announcers, I'm saying it because it's the truth.
    Last edited by Trophy; 04-21-2011 at 12:56 PM.

  23. #48
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,892

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love how every home team's fans think 'their" guys are the only unbiased commentators in sports...

    Kstat, I would agree that Chris and Quinn show bias, but they are far better than a lot of teams out there. But you really chose a bad video to show it. I mean, a tip in to beat the lakers, if they aren't excited in that moment, they arent doing their job.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  25. #49
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,467

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    I like this Grizzlies team. I really think they could beat San Antonio.

  26. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs: (1) San Antonio vs. (8) Memphis

    This Memphis team could be contender next year with Gay healthy.

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 NBA Playoffs: (3) Dallas vs. (6) Portland
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 01:22 AM
  2. 2011 NBA Playoffs: (3) Boston vs. (6) New York
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 01:00 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 11:20 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 06:10 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •