Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: NBA Cancels Summer League

  1. #26
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,528

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And winter.
    Yip, I'm with you. My gut feeling is that ther will not be a 2011/12 season.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  2. #27
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,191

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The NBA is ****ing up.

    They can be doing a lot more from now until the summer, but they're lazy ****s.
    It's not being lazy. The NBA is being hardline.

    They know that when (not if) it goes to a lockout, the players will give in first. Eventually. That's why they're demanding all those concessions from the players. It's not a negotiation. It's a game of chicken.

  3. #28
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,059
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    Yeah its exactly like the NFL lockout, the owners are just waiting for the players to cave in and decide to take what the league wants eventually.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  4. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the first thing I thought of. You might see some really big time players in addition to the local guys in the Indy Pro Am if the summer leagues do end up getting cancelled.
    The big names play in a league out in LA

  5. #30
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,158

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yip, I'm with you. My gut feeling is that ther will not be a 2011/12 season.
    The issues are so important. However that is no excuse. Yes the season at best will be very short.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  6. #31
    Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Man I live for Summer League, but thanks for spinning this about potential for Pacers at Pro Am. Sounds weird, but I liked it better when they had it at Broadripple vs IUPUI.

  7. #32
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    am i the only one that thinks the players will fold because they live check to check? or does it not matter?

  8. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    Oh well, at least we would have a topic to talk about during this down time (Lance)

  9. #34

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    If the Pacers send a summer league team, where will it be?

    I know in 2005 they went to Minnesota but they don't have one there anymore...and the last few years I think it was closed to the public and in Orlando.

    Anyone know?

  10. #35
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,712

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    There will be an NBA season. No way the players can sit out a full season.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  12. #36
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    am i the only one that thinks the players will fold because they live check to check? or does it not matter?
    The players' association has been warning them about this for a few years now. They knew it was coming. I'm sure there are some players who are not smart enough to have money put away, but the vast majority will be just fine.

    They've prepared.

  13. #37
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The big names play in a league out in LA
    Probably the most famous summer league game ever...



    Jordan, Reggie, Rodman, Juwan Howard, Eddie Jones, Sam Cassell, Ced Ceballos, Jack Haley, Lasalle Thompson, Horace Grant
    Grown Man Ball

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  15. #38
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,378

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    Time to bring back the XFL and form the XBA. Anyone know if "He Hate Me" is booked?
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  16. #39
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    940

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    Forget the XBA, bring back Slamball!


  17. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:


  18. #40

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The players' association has been warning them about this for a few years now. They knew it was coming. I'm sure there are some players who are not smart enough to have money put away, but the vast majority will be just fine.

    They've prepared.

    I disagree. Many players live from check to check. It's no different than in the real world. Plus they have their extra family and friends to support as well. The players will cave in.

    I posted this once b4. Hoopshype 1/7/2011

    Team rep Jared Dudley tweeted after the meeting: "I need all NBA Players to save their money. Be prepared to live without a check for AT LEAST A YEAR. This is serious."

    I found this quote on my desk this morning when cleaning it.

  19. #41
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,922

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Cancels Summer League

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. Many players live from check to check. It's no different than in the real world. Plus they have their extra family and friends to support as well. The players will cave in.

    I posted this once b4. Hoopshype 1/7/2011

    Team rep Jared Dudley tweeted after the meeting: "I need all NBA Players to save their money. Be prepared to live without a check for AT LEAST A YEAR. This is serious."

    I found this quote on my desk this morning when cleaning it.
    If the players can live their lifestyle, for an entire year without having a job, then are they REALLY underpaid?

    We have teams in the NBA that are struggling financially, like the Pacers, and the players want more money?

    This is why I stay out of labor fueds between millionaires and billionaires. They all suck.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Bird cautious about free agents
    By pwee31 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
  2. Summer League Quality Vs. College Basketball Quality
    By bellisimo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
  3. Summer League Video Feed Thread
    By Hall O'Point in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 898
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 06:40 AM
  4. Pacers' offense struggles early in summer league Indystar..07/20/04
    By bapspacers4life in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 11:13 AM
  5. Any word on summer league play?
    By t1hs0n in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •