Thread: 3-1 and we have one of the worst D on Paper

Hybrid View

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 3-1 and we have one of the worst D on Paper

Well if you look at our Defense on paper it pretty much sucks , then you look at the first 4 weeks of who we played and your go , Worst Defense in the League and were still 3-1

Maybe were all being to critical of the defense , were spoiled by the perfection of our offense that it makes the Defense look so , I mean you would think with the key injuries we have on defense.

I know it looks grim right now , but really one less turnover or a made field goal in game 1 , we could have been 4-0 ..but 3-1 is very good. I think the bright point is although we suck on paper , our defense has made plays when we needed them the most and shifted the momentum the past 2 games from the opponent.

Amazing Stat is the Past I think 3 games they said the Colts D has only allowed 7 pts in the 4th quarters , that's nothing to be ashamed of.

I won't be surprised if we finish the season around 10th in D , I hope better but I don't think we can get any worse than we are , I think we will improve as the weeks move on.

Mood

Default Re: 3-1 and we have one of the worst D on Paper

Yeah I am concerned about the Oakland game also , we seem to have alot of troubles with those so called should be a easy win kinda games , we always struggle with the teams we should manhandle , still haven't figured that out after all these years.

I know alot of people are critical of Nick Harper , he does make some bonehead plays , but he has made some amazing plays also that helped us win games , he just needs to learn how to control himself alittle more , cause I really like Harper and I am sure I might get a few boo's or hisses outta that.

[edit=279=1096898674][/edit]

Mood

Well , really were in a situation where we don't have much of a choice , who could we use to replace Nick Harper ? I agree the jags did go at him hard yesterday , some times you just wanna kiss him and say you rule and others your just like wtf was he thinking
    [edit=279=1096907203][/edit]

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As I said in the game thread.You somtimes love our D and then you can hate it.But I think it has made some very key plays.Take all those 4th down stops those are where the opposing team's offense is manhandling us and then somehow get a 4th down so the coach decides "Hey they havn't been stopping us all day lets go for it!"And then we make them look stupid and **** them off.Its awesome.I do think we need a lot of improvements if we want to be in the SB.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions