Thread: Probably a ridiculous thought...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Probably a ridiculous thought...

Why not go after Steve Nash? Although he is 37 going on 38, he still has some gas in the tank, and if anything, can be a mentor to Collison.

Something like:

Posey (or a large tpe), Price, Rush, Stephenson, 2 1st rd picks

for

Steve Nash +filler.

Something like this gets Indy one move closer to being a championship contender. He would help sell out the fieldhouse next season, and as I mentioned before, would be a great mentor to Collison.

For Phoenix, they would go into complete rebuild mode. Trading an old star for some nice talent, and cap space. It's a win/win for both teams in my eyes. What do you think?

Nash/Collison
    George/Dunleavy
    Granger/Jones
    Hans/McRoberts
    Hibbert/Foster

I could only imagine how much better our offense would be. Just imagine the smashmouth lineup of Nash/Dunleavy/Jones/Hans/Mcbob. That would be SWEET!
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Default Re: Probably a ridiculous thought...

Interesting thought. Part of me wants to say that offer's not enough, but as far as Nash destinations/trade partners go, we have to be near the top of the list for fitting both need and asset. The Lakers would love him, but they don't have the assets. Ditto for Atlanta. Teams that aren't close to the playoffs wouldn't need him. If anything I could see Cuban as the other player for Nash. MAYBE the Blazers.

I'd do that trade if we could get a solid 3-4 years out of Nash. If he'd commit to it, I'd risk the injury concerns, especially still having Collison. In fact, I would throw in Collison and take back Price if we could keep this year's #1.

Sports Logo

I think Phoenix can get a better deal for him... we're talking about a possible future hall of famer, and one of the best point guards in the league today. Your offer is 2 suit guys, 2 bench guys, and picks... I don't think they'll accept it. If we swap AJ for DC than maybe they'll accept

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Phoenix can get a better deal for him... we're talking about a possible future hall of famer, and one of the best point guards in the league today. Your offer is 2 suit guys, 2 bench guys, and picks... I don't think they'll accept it. If we swap AJ for DC than maybe they'll accept
    But who else doesn't have an established point guard, has a good enough roster that Nash would be interested, and the assets to acquire him? I mentioned Dallas and Portland as the only two teams I could think of that fit the criteria, and they can't make substantially better offers than the Pacers. Dallas would have to give up Roddy B and Portland would have to put together a package -- and they no longer have 1st rounders after the Gerald Wallace trade.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    But who else doesn't have an established point guard, has a good enough roster that Nash would be interested, and the assets to acquire him? I mentioned Dallas and Portland as the only two teams I could think of that fit the criteria, and they can't make substantially better offers than the Pacers. Dallas would have to give up Roddy B and Portland would have to put together a package -- and they no longer have 1st rounders after the Gerald Wallace trade.
    But it's not like they're saying "We're trading him for the best offer". They aren't actively shopping him, if at all. All I'm saying is, If they're going to trade him, they will want more than that

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    But it's not like they're saying "We're trading him for the best offer". They aren't actively shopping him, if at all. All I'm saying is, If they're going to trade him, they will want more than that
    I doubt they get real value in a trade for the guy at this point. He is 36 and slowing down. He is still in great shape, but his upside is one or two years at most. A lot of teams won't give up much for a player in his waning years, unless they are a contender and then the draft picks are like second rounders. Plus, the teams in need of a PG are few and far between, and the ones that do, have no first rounders or young talent to offer. I think he will retire with the Suns.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I doubt the Suns would even trade him unless they were sending him to a contender. Robert Sarver LOVES him and I don't see them making a move like this anytime in the near future.

I agree that if he was to be traded this off-season, the Mavericks are the front runners to land him. A straight-up trade of Kidd for Nash works if the Mavs also kick in a first-rounder or so.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Phoenix does love saving money.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods