Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BIZMACK BIYOMBO - DRAFT 18 YRS OLD

Default Re: BIZMACK BIYOMBO - DRAFT 18 YRS OLD

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean projected prospect scouting, or anything not concerning Lance Stephenson's shenanigans?
    I mean threads about basketball. Real basketball with very little bickering and argument. Just discussing basketball.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndySDExport For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looks like he has good hands and is beefy for 6' 9".

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

12 points, 11 rebounds and 10 blocks last night, playing against the best teenage players on earth.

I'm convinced. This kid is a 1st round prospect

Banned

The most intriguing long-term NBA prospects on the international team are 1992-born front-court players: 6'9” Bismack Biyombo from the Congo (currently playing for Fuenlabrada in Spain), and 7'0” center Lucas Nogueira from Brazil. Both players have some limitations on the offensive end, but also possess some freakish physical tools that were on display during every practice session thus far.

Biyombo stands out immediately when he walks into the gym. He sports a chiseled frame (measured 4.8 % body fat) with broad shoulders and an incredible 7'7” wingspan, and as we saw during some of the brief 5 on 5 sessions, he has an outstanding motor, which makes him a terror on the glass and on the defensive end. He also looks to be a very mature player with a great attitude, often seen encouraging teammates, talking with the coaching staff, and helping others with instructions. The experience he's garnered seeing heavy minutes in the top league in the world outside the NBA—the Spanish ACB--over the past few months was very evident

well we have the 15th more than likely so if we could get this kid that would be awesome.....plus he's only 18

I won't be mad if we draft him, but he probably won't come in and have a huge impact next year. He looks like he could be a starter in a few years, and a great defender.

I would still rather trade our pick for a proven player who can come in and help us next year. OJ Mayo?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

There's no doubt that this guy is a project, but potentially this could be a picture perfect pairing for Roy. Elite athleticism, shotblocking, bulk, strength, hopping, offensive touch, and defense. He looks like a more athletic DeJuan Blair when he's playing, but obviously he's not at his level yet. 2.1 BPG in limited minutes is absurd in a good way.

I don't know why, but I have a hunch that this is the guy what we may be going for in the draft if we don't end up trading the pick.

If Bird is still here draft time, then forget about it. He already said we'll look to trade our pick. We need more experience, not rookies.

Mood

I'm almost convinced that this is the guy we need to go after. I think he would fit PERFECTLY next to Roy. This guy prides himself on Defense, and he's very mature for his age. I'm on the Biyombo train!
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pianoman For This Useful Post:

His 7'7" wingspan is very impressive. By the time draft rolls around this guy may move up into the lottery.

I wouldn't mind if we took a chance on him. If he is there.

Banned

I emailed them and asked my email be sent to management about this guy. I hope to hear back from them.

Indiana needs this guy's toughness inside, a rebounder and shotblocker and can run the floor with ease. Also he has nice hands also. so improving in fg% wont be hard in my opinion. I am wanting indiana to draft this guy and i am making sure they know it lol. This guy can absolutely block shots and rebound.

Banned

I doubt he's still there at #15. Too much potential; too weak of a draft. I say he goes to-10.

Bismack and Stanko on the same team would be neat-o.
    Last edited by Jared Sullinger; 04-10-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDLOCKHART40 View Post
    I emailed them and asked my email be sent to management about this guy.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Mood

asked a buddy of mine about this guy (played in the same league as him last season) he basically said he was big, hustles and hes dumb. im gonna guess that means hes raw
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    asked a buddy of mine about this guy (played in the same league as him last season) he basically said he was big, hustles and hes dumb. im gonna guess that means hes raw
    Pretty much what I've been reading about him. I just think he is going to be a huge project that most likely won't pan out. Just because you have size doesn't mean you are going to be good.

I think Dumars might take him 7th. I really do.

Wow, I'd take him in a hearbeat. What a perfect fit. That would be excellent. In fact, I'd trade up in the draft to ensure we do get him. I'm sold. DnD.

DC, Paul, Granger, Biyombo and Roy, with 20 million in capspace to boot? That would be retarded. We could sit on our money and wait for a legit stud to sign, while watching in 2 short years this team turn into one of the top 5 teams in the east.

Not too mention how this would suddenly change our ability to trade if need be, for more talent. Cap space, a winning record, could help us trade certain players if that was what needed to be done.

Edit- I admit I'm probably overreacting, but I know that defense is needed. I know we need an Ibaka, and not a David West. It's just so rare to actually ever find big men that only want to rebound and defend the rim. It is so incredibly valuable. Every great team has it. The Lakers. OKC. The Celtics did- (and now they don't, and look how well they're doing), the Mavericks, and the Spurs. I want that type of player so badly for this team, and if we had the chance to draft one versus wasting cap space on someone who really can't ever provide any of that? That would be phenomenal. We'd be the new OKC. The team with all the young talent in the right place for a complete team. OKC is already ready to contend for a title. But if we were able to get this guy? We'd be so close to making a title run. Or at the very least, have the ability and the leverage to make the moves in order to make that title run happen. And yes, I am completely talking myself into this.
    Last edited by mattie; 04-11-2011 at 05:54 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looks pretty good for an 18 YO.

I've actually looked up some things about this kid and I'm seeing the same things that came up about Serge Ibaka.

I'd be happy to grab him with 15th pick and more than happy with a second round pick.

He's gonna need a little work to grow into his game and won't produce until maybe his 3rd season or even if he signs until he's a year or so older like Ibaka, but he looks like he can be a solid defensive big who gives it his all and won't let opposing players have it easy.

With Tyler backing him up in the future, that's solid.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

I am of the belief if you see a player you really believe is going to put you over the top but in the short and long term you do what you have to to get that player. So, if the TPTB think Bismack is that guy you take the risk. Obviously Bird is willing to take risk on
    immature talented players, how about taking risk on a young, but extremely talented
    player like Biyombo.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Looks pretty good for an 18 YO.
    Probably because he's quite a bit older than 18.

It also doesn't matter.

If he's thought he could be a starting PF, you take him at 15 no questions asked. If it is thought that he'll need to be a backup for awhile, you don't.

It's the same as it was when Hansbrough was taken. We drafted a backup PF when we already had a cheaper one.

You only take a PF if you are sure he's a starter. Otherwise we're no better than we are now.
    Last edited by BRushWithDeath; 04-11-2011 at 09:58 AM.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Here's an article on him; http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...5604/arti.html

He's 18 and putting up 6/5/2.3 in just 15 minutes a night in Spain's highest league, which is a VERY good league, probably the best outside of the NBA. That's pretty impressive.
    Yup, that's the thing you have to remember before comparing him to some of the most famous international busts. This guy is getting minutes for a Spanish playoff team at age 18. The level of play is about the same or higher than the NCAA, and it's even tougher to up go against real men every night as an 18 year old.

Hollinger projected him as a lottery pick after a breakout performance at one of the camps this week.
    2010 IKL Fantasy Basketball Champion Baltimore Bulldogs

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

SI's Ian Thomsen

The NBA evaluators spent the week guessing at Biyombo's age as they attended the World Team's practices. A half-dozen NBA scouts and executives told me they believed Biyombo was older than his listed age of 18, based not only on his mature body but also his leadership skills, as he led the Internationals through their pre-practice stretches and was their most vocal and energetic player. Questions of his age won't necessarily damage his stock in the draft, as his maturity will be viewed as strength. He is forecasted as a first-round pick with a chance to sneak into the lottery.

When I asked him Thursday how long he had been playing basketball, he postponed the discussion. "I can say that at this time I prefer to focus on the Nike week,'' he said with a grin. "So I will be around here after the game and I'll let people know everything they want to know, and people will question me everything they want to question and I give the answer.''
    Bit...peculiar.

Looking at his videos, he looks more of an undersized center than a PF. But that's a good thing, since what the Pacers need right now is another guy who can play PF/C to replace Foster in the near future.

I see some Howard potential there. Young and athletic, already has an NBA body, plus long arms to grab rebounds and block shots. He's raw, but with strong dedication and good program for him he can really become an elite defender. Hopefully he'll be available when the Pacers are going to pick, and if he's in, hope the FO will find a way to get a big man coach to develop his game.