Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 329

Thread: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

  1. #276
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,868

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly , thanks for making my point

    All in College, nothing in Pro
    6 of those guys have been in the league for a COMBINED 16 years. So basically an average of 2.5 years each. So your point makes no sense.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. #277
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,150

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So when we win a title the year after with Ron and Jax and the rest of the so called "thugs" everybody forgets. You do relize if we keep that team together it is very likley we have a title right now. I take winning over all. As long as they dont kill anybod or a few other things. On the court is what matters in winning games. Now we have "the good guys"
    You are inventing something that never existed. Ron and JO were not able to co-exist which was at the root of many of the issues. Sure, they had a very good run at the beginning of 2004 and looked dominant, but assuming a championship is a stretch. While we had talent, JO was always injured and Ron cracked in the playoffs. Bender was showing signs that year and amounted to nothing.

    I've been watching basketball since before you were born and while I recognize the team had a lot of talent there is more to winning basketball games than talent. I presume you don't remember the team with Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Gary Payton 7 or 8 years ago. Three maybe 4 HOF'ers. They had their fair share of talent and couldn't co-exist either. ...and they never won a championship with that group because of it. ...and our Pacers were not remotely close to being that talented.

  3. #278

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't care if other teams don't want to trade for him. All I care about is know 100% for sure that teams don't want to trade for him. If teams don't want to trade for him then cut him, but don't cut him until you have called up every single team and found out first hand that no team wants to trade for them. An opinion shouldn't trump fact. Right now we have no facts on whether or not teams are willing to trade for him, all we have are opinions of fans who have absolutely no tolerance for any kind of PR mistake.
    Let's say I'm the GM of a team that's not the Pacers. Sell me on sending you anything for Lance Stephenson. Try to do it so you have some credibility the next time you actually want to have a serious discussion about a serious trade.

  4. #279
    Member Gus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    johnson county
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Why is this matter being discussed so much? It has nothing to do with the rest of the season. It must be a slow night

  5. #280

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So when we win a title the year after with Ron and Jax and the rest of the so called "thugs" everybody forgets. You do relize if we keep that team together it is very likley we have a title right now. I take winning over all. As long as they dont kill anybod or a few other things. On the court is what matters in winning games. Now we have "the good guys"

    It doesn't happen that way. Because they wouldn't have won. You can't win with a bunch of cancers and poor team chemistry.

    Heck, even Kobe and Shaq couldn't win when their chemistry was at it's poorest.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  7. #281
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are inventing something that never existed. Ron and JO were not able to co-exist which was at the root of many of the issues. Sure, they had a very good run at the beginning of 2004 and looked dominant, but assuming a championship is a stretch. While we had talent, JO was always injured and Ron cracked in the playoffs. Bender was showing signs that year and amounted to nothing.

    I've been watching basketball since before you were born and while I recognize the team had a lot of talent there is more to winning basketball games than talent. I presume you don't remember the team with Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Gary Payton 7 or 8 years ago. Three maybe 4 HOF'ers. They had their fair share of talent and couldn't co-exist either. ...and they never won a championship with that group because of it. ...and our Pacers were not remotely close to being that talented.
    dont presume

  8. #282
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't care if other teams don't want to trade for him. All I care about is know 100% for sure that teams don't want to trade for him. If teams don't want to trade for him then cut him, but don't cut him until you have called up every single team and found out first hand that no team wants to trade for them. An opinion shouldn't trump fact. Right now we have no facts on whether or not teams are willing to trade for him, all we have are opinions of fans who have absolutely no tolerance for any kind of PR mistake.
    I mean this even toned and sincere...

    Since all those teams passed on him in the draft, what has Lance done this year to change their minds?

    He's shown slop on the court and off the court to convince them to avoid him, but what was his sales job that says "you should pay a price to acquire me"?


    And on top of that, those teams also know he's straining his situation with the Pacers and might become a "free" risk if they just wait out the Pacers. Why go for Lance when you can get Aaron Brooks or DJ Augustin or even go cheaper with Patty Mills? Why would you trade for Lance over Bayless even? Surely Bayless has to still have plenty of potential and might be viewed as a guy that hasn't been in the right situations (and I'm not one of his fanboys, just talking about his rep as a player).

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  10. #283
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,868

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Exactly. No one will trade for Lance Stephenson. MAYBE we can toss him in a deal MAYBE. However, if they really wanted him why wouldn't they just wait for him to be cut?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  11. #284
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,150

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dont presume
    Why not? If you remembered that team, certainly you wouldn't be jumping to conclusions with a far less talented team. Also, you are the one making the big-time presumptions.

    Surely a strong November by a team isn't enough to stamp them a contender. The same team that folded the prior year when they faced Fatoine and Pierce in the playoffs with JOb coaching them.

    Fact is, JO and Bender would have fell apart by the end of the year. In fact, JO did fall apart shooting 36% from the floor in the playoffs. People were all excited about Bender at the beginning of that year too...and he played a total of 7 games. He didn't even sniff the playoffs. Jack and Ron wouldn't have been enough. That team needed a lot to come together and all it did was fall apart.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 04-11-2011 at 11:08 PM.

  12. #285
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,150

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. No one will trade for Lance Stephenson. MAYBE we can toss him in a deal MAYBE. However, if they really wanted him why wouldn't they just wait for him to be cut?
    His market value is low even among the most foolish GM's. He makes Marbury's attitude look good. Last post because I hope this thread dies and is one of the last Lance Stephenson threads on this board.

  13. #286
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not? If you remembered that team, certainly you wouldn't be jumping to conclusions with a far less talented team. Also, you are the one making the big-time presumptions.
    GP and Karl were pretty washed up by that point...

  14. #287
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    I thought Karl was still pretty decent until injuries got the better of him. Nothing like his prime, of course, but still a pretty good player.

  15. #288
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,009

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean this even toned and sincere...

    Since all those teams passed on him in the draft, what has Lance done this year to change their minds?

    He's shown slop on the court and off the court to convince them to avoid him, but what was his sales job that says "you should pay a price to acquire me"?


    And on top of that, those teams also know he's straining his situation with the Pacers and might become a "free" risk if they just wait out the Pacers. Why go for Lance when you can get Aaron Brooks or DJ Augustin or even go cheaper with Patty Mills? Why would you trade for Lance over Bayless even? Surely Bayless has to still have plenty of potential and might be viewed as a guy that hasn't been in the right situations (and I'm not one of his fanboys, just talking about his rep as a player).
    The Pacers didn't select him with the last pick of the draft, chances are he would have been drafted if it wasn't for the Pacers. Hell he may have gone right after the Pacers if the pacers passed on him.

    You are still missing my whole point. My point is you don't know until you ask. It is stupid not to ask, absolutely idiotic. So what if they all say no, it changes absolutely nothing. You can cut him and be done with him knowing that it was in fact that you couldn't get something for him.

    Why is this so ****ing hard for you people to understand. It is better to put him out there and try to get something for him, than not put him out there and guarantee you get nothing for him. It is simple logic.

  16. #289
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,009

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His market value is low even among the most foolish GM's. He makes Marbury's attitude look good. Last post because I hope this thread dies and is one of the last Lance Stephenson threads on this board.
    How do you know what his market value is? Are you friends with GMs, or have connections with someone who knows a bunch of GMs? If not than you have no idea what his value is. We can estimate what we think his value is, but that doesn't mean we are right.

  17. #290
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    I think you're getting upset over what is largely semantics. Yes, technically, you're right; we don't know, and we're estimating.

    But I think we're fine with that, and I think we're very confident in our assumption that his trade value is extremely low right now.

    Of course it doesn't hurt to ask, but I/we also think it's a safe assumption that there will be no deal worth making, and ultimately he'll either be cut or just not re-signed.

    I doubt anyone here is adamant that the Pacers not even try to find a deal, I just think those wanting him gone ASAP assume there is no trade worth making available, and they're leaving that concept unspoken while they call for his head.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  19. #291
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Karl was still pretty decent until injuries got the better of him. Nothing like his prime, of course, but still a pretty good player.
    yes, but if i recall he was injured/quasi-injured for the playoffs...but GP was definitely more washed up...

  20. #292
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,009

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and they're leaving that concept unspoken while they call for his head.
    If that is all they are doing, they are fighting pretty hard against even considering looking for a trade.

  21. #293
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,522
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Pssst. The playoffs are getting ready to happen, who gives a flying about Lance's drama, it'll work it's self out.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  23. #294

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    It makes me almost physically ill when I think about the fact that we cut Magnum Rolle and kept Lance. And now Rolle has been signed by the Hawks after looking solid in the D-League. Ugh.

    Please ditch this clown ASAP...

  24. #295
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They've 'won' already by making it to the NBA. Lots of current NBA players had rough starts before figuring it out. Look at Shawne Williams. Deemed a complete washout by the Pacers, a light went on and now he's contributing nicely on the Knicks. Some figure it out - some don't.

    Writing someone off after 1 season is a bit premature. maybe the light goes on and in a few years he looks like a draft steal. They're committed to the $$ for next season, so why not see if the investment returns anything ??
    Shawne also burn his bridges in Dallas too after being traded there. Artest went through 3 teams (Bulls, Pacers, Kings) before straightening out long enough to contribute with the Lakers.

    Do the Pacers feel like waiting 3 or 4 seasons before Lance figures out his issues and gets it together? That's the question everyone needs to ask themselves as fans too.

    If he goes to another team and blows up in 3 or 4 years... so what? I'm convinced the Pacers will have a player better than him at that point be it Paul George or someone else via trade, draft, or free agency. There's a reason that 29 other teams took a pass on him in the draft. Some teams passed on him 2-3 times and even his home town Knicks wouldn't give him a chance.

    Why wait 3-4 years to see what you have, taking up a valuable roster spot all the while, when you could go out and try and get a veteran who can bring your team some stability and professionalism? I'd drop him and go after Shane Battier in a heartbeat this summer if I was Larry Bird. Mike Dunleavy >> than Lance Stephenson at this point.


    I'm just glad that TJ is back with the team and has a chance to play in the playoffs. I have a feeling foul trouble for Collison and Price might be a factor in a couple of games and his experience and ability to get the ball up the court quickly could come in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  25. #296
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    I think is funny how people here have a short memory, how you forget that Swilliams was traded for 2 not 1 but 2 second round picks? the guy was hanging out with a killer and drug dealers and still got a job in the NBA, Lance value is low but I think is possible that if the Pacers decided to trade him they could get some value in return, by the way can anybody tell me how many people were booing SW when he was in Conseco this weekend?

  26. #297
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think is funny how people here have a short memory, how you forget that Swilliams was traded for 2 not 1 but 2 second round picks? the guy was hanging out with a killer and drug dealers and still got a job in the NBA, Lance value is low but I think is possible that if the Pacers decided to trade him they could get some value in return, by the way can anybody tell me how many people were booing SW when he was in Conseco this weekend?
    Speaking of short-term memory I think (if it hasn't been touched on already) is that like you mentioned, he was a late second-round pick. I honestly do not think it was a wasted pick, and yes, in hindsight keeping Rolle would've probably made more sense, but I can't get too worked up over this. I just can't.

  27. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of short-term memory I think (if it hasn't been touched on already) is that like you mentioned, he was a late second-round pick. I honestly do not think it was a wasted pick, and yes, in hindsight keeping Rolle would've probably made more sense, but I can't get too worked up over this. I just can't.
    Exactly, I just don't see this as a big issue, I don't even think regular fans know who he is.

  28. #299
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just think those wanting him gone ASAP assume there is no trade worth making available, and they're leaving that concept unspoken while they call for his head.
    Not that I have any insight at all, but I wouldnt be so sure they want him gone badly, if they did they could cut him at anytime and payoff his modest salary

    For whatever reason Bird seems to really wnat this kid to succeed

    I think Lance will have a specific , tailored off season program, with ACCOUNTABILITY, and the Pacers will evaluate next year

    Bird seems to think he can "reach" people

    We shall see
    Sittin on top of the world!

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  30. #300
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Lance done for season, violating team rules

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly, I just don't see this as a big issue, I don't even think regular fans know who he is.
    On the contrary, I believe it would be a casual fan who would be the first to *negatively* comment about Lance and the FO.

Similar Threads

  1. Chad Ford's Mock 5.0 6/16/10
    By Chuck Chillout in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 12:14 AM
  2. The PD NBA Draft - #7 Golden State
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 10:06 AM
  3. The PD NBA Draft - Selection 5 - Memphis
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 03:45 PM
  4. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 5
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 08:27 AM
  5. The PD NBA Draft - Selection #2 - Miami
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 03:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •