Thread: Next season

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Next season

In the celebration thread there are quite a few posters conflicted between their excitement that the team will be playing in the playoffs and their beliefs that no team that is below .500 should be allowed in, and certainly not considered acceptable.

This is the first step towards a team that is respectably a playoff contender, the celebration thread is not the place to express disappointment and displeasure towards our recent achievement of securing a seed in the playoff, but in this thread i'd like everyone to post what they believe an a reasonable (and respectable/ acceptable) outcome for next season is in lieu of making the playoffs this year.

You can either assume the team stays the same in personnel, or make predictions based on how you believe the cap will be utilized, you can also make player production predictions if you wish.

Assuming no major overhauls to the roster happen

Record 45-37

5th or 6th seed in the playoffs.

Danny will have a bounce-back year in terms of efficiency and play more consistent defense due to Roy Hibbert and Darren Collison Being greatly improved allowing danny to be more 1A with 1B and 1C rather than the sole first option. Tyler and Paul both will average around 15 or so ppg and we'll have a balanced scoring effort, similar to now, but on on greater efficiency and with greater parity.

Danny-21 ppg 46 percent fromt he field with 7 rebounds 3 assists and improved D. 35 Mpg
    Darren- 15 ppg on 50 percent field goals with 7-8 assists per game 36 mpg
    Roy- 15 ppg on around 49-50% with 9-10 rpg plus 3 apg and 2-2.5 bpg. 32 mpg

Tyler- 12-13 ppg 48-50 % with 7-8 rpg and 1-2 apg and 1.5 spg 38 mpg (with paul being another threat more consistantly the pnp will open up alot helping tylers efficiency and darrens assists per game)
    PG- 12-13 ppg on 47-50% from the field (he already shoots a respectable percentage despite his 3 point shot slumping so badly) 6 rpg 4 apg and over 1 block and steal per game. 30 mpg
    Rush-9-10 ppg 3-4 rpg 18 mpg (main role is defensive stopper and corner 3 hitter, with paul george emerging we can afford to allow brandon to be passive, as long as he's really good at what he DOES do, which he has been as of late. I think rush thrives when there isn't pressure on him to be a focal point).
    Josh- 9-7-5 27 mpg primary big man backup all around player. 20 mpg (I think josh can be one of the better backup bigs in the league, and give us a unique dimension
    Dun- 9-6-3 15 mpg Backup to danny at SF while rush backs up SG.
    AJ- 7-2-4 12 mpg I see darren making a huge leap, so AJ may see the floor less, but he'll still be valuable
    Jeff- (if he's still around god-willing) 3-4-1 9 mpg

Is what I would consider to be sufficient growth next season if we don't change the roster up from both a w/l and internal player growth perspective next season, it may be a bit optimistic, but I think that this is about the best case, realistic scenario if we stand pat with the players and Vogel. Basically representing the improvement gained only by consistency with the coach over a full year, (difficult schedule patches at all) and some young players with an offseason to improve individually and with eachother.

I encourage everyone to post their own, but i'm particularly interested in the viewpoints of those that strongly believe our record this season pars or withholds justification of our post season berth. Understand i'm not being critical of such people, I even agree to some extent in ideal. I'm simply curious about how much improvement in the team and by the players would be necessary to satify such people given the restraints we've had and will have.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by daschysta; 04-08-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Next season

Do you realize that you're saying we could average 125-128 points?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a better chance of that happening than NBA teams playing 82 games next season.

Not to mention the following:

Foster rebounding at a 24 per 36 rate.
    Dunleavy having a 15 mpg stat line of 10/6/3. Which is 20/12/6 per 36.
    Rush 18-20 points, 6-8 rebounds per 36.
    Price 27/6/12 per 36.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    Not to mention the following:

Foster rebounding at a 24 per 36 rate.
    Dunleavy having a 15 mpg stat line of 10/6/3. Which is 20/12/6 per 36.
    Rush 18-20 points, 6-8 rebounds per 36.
    Price 27/6/12 per 36.
    I was just about to post this. these numbers are so unrealstic. If AJ was posting thoes stats in just a few mintues he better be starting lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Even if this can happen, I bet somebody would complaint that the 9th man on the team doesn't score as much and we should trade him or cut him.

Mood

so pretty much 9 players almost in double figures scoring would that be a record?

I see Lance or a FA taking Dun's mintues next year i really doubt he comes back

Mood

I edited the numbers a bit, but you can't simply add up every average and say that the team averages that many point per game, injuries, off nights, outliers and other things play into that.

Go to pacers.com and average up all the ppg for our players and you'll find that it adds up to well over the amount of points we actually score per game.

also the pacers already have 8 players averaging over 7.5 ppg and 5 players over 10 ppg proper. Most of the scoring boosts are relatively minor, they may not all happen, but it isn't as ludicrous as some people are making it out to be. I went a bit overboard as it was quickly done, but edited int he name of realism.

The player projections were a secondary point of this thread anyhow, the bigger question is what record do you believe to be realistic and acceptable building on our first playoff berth in 5 years?